Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SonataArctica
Stats: size 12/size 2 5'1
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/30/2009
Do any of u still watch your cheese, cream and sweetener intake on maintenance?

Just wondering what you have found works for you. I don't do sweeteners anymore and it's rare I do cream, but I still eat cheese. There are days where I will eat around 6 oz cheese and other days where I might eat just 2-3 oz cheese. This seems to work really well for my body.
SonataArctica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stargazey
Stats: 201/129/129 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2003
Hi, Sonata! I do quite a bit of cheese, especially string cheese. It doesn't seem to hurt me. And I have about three servings a day of something sweetened with stevia. The stevia sodas seem to add water weight occasionally, but they don't make me crave sweet things in general.

As for cream, I only have it during the holidays. I have no "off" switch for it and have been known to throw out a partially used carton of cream just so I won't consume it all by myself.
Stargazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I watch EVERYTHING in maintenance!

While losing, I eliminated all sweeteners because I found they increase my appetite. My body seemed to respond as though they were natural sugar. Recently, I tried using some DaVinci syrup--and the same thing happened, so I'm off sweeteners again.

I abandoned all dairy (except butter) mainly because of digestive problems. I can eat cheese--but only sparingly and occasionally. So I generally avoid it.

During weight loss, I learned that I do best with simple, whole foods and limited fat--and that's how I've bee eating in maintenance--meat, fish, eggs, and nut butter for special occasions.

When I deviate, I begin to gain, so I've learned during my 3 years of maintenance, that it's best to stay with what works.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
I eat cheese every day & it has never caused me to gain weight. It never stalled me when I was trying to lose either. I do not use cream much since I use flavored creamers in my coffee. Haven't found a need for it except I do like it in SF jello. I do use sweeteners in my daily coffee/tea, but I do not bake sweets w/ it because it is so expensive along w/ the special flours.
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote