LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
The challenges of maintaining hangout

As you can see by my stats I am not maintaining---I am working on losing, again. For several years, up until last year, I was pretty solidly maintaining a 200+ lb loss with the typical ups and downs that I managed to keep under control. Then life happened...over and over and over and I let it all get the best of me. In order to deal with it I then started a path of further self destruction with all kinds of extreme yoyo type dieting. Well---I'm done.

Why a thread here instead of the challenge sections? I want to keep my head focused on maintenance and the long haul, not on losing. Yes, losing is a priority but in the big picture that's just a small piece--one I've proven that I can do. It's figuring out the 'forever' piece of it, no matter what or how much life throws at me, that I need to work on and understanding maintenance and keeping that in the forefront with all I do is what I believe will be key.

So here I am. I'm expecting at least one other long time 'loser/maintainer/struggler' to join me. If anyone else is interested because you are on the same quest or have some input---welcome.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/167/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
I'm here Teresa

I was at goal also until about a year ago. I haven't gone too crazy but I am definitely not at goal anymore

I am in the best physical shape of my life and am currently training to run a half marathon.....but I have about 25 extra lbs that I don't want to take with me!
kathy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I sure wish I could say I was in the best physical shape of my life! Yay you! So how many miles are you up to this week? I keep hoping one of you exercise peeps will inspire me...I'm not sure if any amount of inspiration will give me the exercise bug though.

You know, my Dr. recommended Benadryl as well when I declined the Ambien or whatever script sleep med she offered me. I haven't tried it yet...scares me a bit. I'm so easily addicted to everything! Plus I think it is all related to nutrition for me....just have to figure out what my body doesn't like about low carb and tweak it! Either that or get some Benadryl!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Yesterday mid 80's and humid. Today the high is supposed to be in the upper 50's! I don't mind chilly if we have some good sunshine...thinking I will take a walk later.

So my goal today and tomorrow is to clean and reorg my kitchen. I hate cooking/baking all the time and when things are a mess it gives me even more of an excuse not to---so I need to remove that excuse! I think I'm pretty stocked up on healthy stuff now so I just need to start prepping it and getting myself organized. Also need to go to the Pumpkin Patch today and pick up a bunch of buttercup squash and maybe some more delicata's and butternuts. I think winter squash is one of my favorite foods.

What are your plans today?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
I'll hang out w/ you. I've only been maintaining for 2 yrs, but so far I'm staying at goal. I did gain about 8 lbs this past summer when I went off plan when we were on vacation, but w/ strict eating, I was able to lose it, but it took a lot longer than it did to gain it!! My weakness is sweets which usually leads to chips too. Potatoes, pasta, bread, etc don't tempt me. I'm going on a Girls Weekend w/ my family next week & I'm the only one who low carbs. My sister keeps suggesting Pasta or Bakery type restaurants, so I've been looking up the carbs for their menus online, so I know what to order. I have to keep myself convinced that this is my permanent WOE.
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Kathy, I see you live in NE Indiana too. We might be "neighbors"!!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/200/190 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-235#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
I feel your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
As you can see by my stats I am not maintaining---I am working on losing, again. For several years, up until last year, I was pretty solidly maintaining a 200+ lb loss with the typical ups and downs that I managed to keep under control. Then life happened...over and over and over and I let it all get the best of me. In order to deal with it I then started a path of further self destruction with all kinds of extreme yoyo type dieting. Well---I'm done.

Why a thread here instead of the challenge sections? I want to keep my head focused on maintenance and the long haul, not on losing. Yes, losing is a priority but in the big picture that's just a small piece--one I've proven that I can do. It's figuring out the 'forever' piece of it, no matter what or how much life throws at me, that I need to work on and understanding maintenance and keeping that in the forefront with all I do is what I believe will be key.

So here I am. I'm expecting at least one other long time 'loser/maintainer/struggler' to join me. If anyone else is interested because you are on the same quest or have some input---welcome.

I continually am asking myself: "is this bit of food, for instant gratification purposes, worth the humiliation and self flagellation in weighing myself the following day??!"
I know one thing: if I play, I pay.
Now I know why some models must be bi****; they're hungry!!
And another thing: I have grown tired of watching everyone around me eat. So much so, that I informed my friends, if we couldn't visit without involving food, then we couldn't visit at all. I lost a 12 yr 'friendship' over that one; but, she wasn't really my friend now, was she?
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I totally agree w/ Harriet 100%. It is frustrating when everyone puts so much emphasis on eating. I do not view food as a reward or indulgence anymore since I either gain weight or get sick. I usually either find enough meat, veggies & cheese when I'm eating out or I eat before or when I get home. I've often gone hungry when faced w/ only high carb foods. I eat to please me, not others. I'm happy w/ WOE.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey---some joiners!

shipshemom---2 years maintaining is awesome! Blips happen, or at least they certainly did for me. Getting on top of them right away is key---and it does stink that it takes a lot longer to get it back off than it did to gain it. I am a sweets girl too....white sugar is my kryptonite...and sadly I've had a lot of it during the last year. Your WOE says VLC---is that very low carb or very low cal? I'd love to hear what's working for you with maintenance!

Dirty Harriet love the name! Your stats are amazing and maintaining since 08 is fantastic! Yeah, I totally get the 'you play you pay' thing--I've definitely paid many times! Sadly this last year wasn't any fun though, just stupid emotional eating and binging...would have been better if it had at least been enjoyable!

I agree that it's sad that so much of our socializing is about food. I eat a pretty wide variety of things so I don't typically have a problem with choices---but snacking is something I can't do successfully, just sets off the 'want more' thing so that part of socializing is hard at times for me. It's sad Harriet that you lost a 'friend' over it...food is really a powerful thing in our culture and so much revolves around it.

Pretty good day today. Didn't get nearly enough accomplished but started some food prep for this week so I feel good about that. Now it's time for bed....yeah, 9:30 on a Saturday night, I am definitely a party animal.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #10
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I've been maintaining for three years this past summer, and I hate to admit it, but maintaining has been even more challenging than actual weight loss. Granted, it took me a 'lifetime' to finally achieve a normal weight, having been obese from early childhood and only getting down to this size in my late 60s, but once I got in the right mental frame (I am convinced that 90% of this is mental), the weight loss process became my 'natural' way of eating, and despite losing just a pound a week (post-menopausal and hypothyroid), I really didn't experience any significant challenges.

But once I began maintaining and allowing myself the very occasional treat, all my old obese habits of compulsive overeating returned, taking me by surprise. I thought they were gone with the weight. I have read that physiologically our bodies fight to regain lost weight, and I've often felt that way.

Thus, the only thing that has worked for me is constant vigilance. For me, at least, effective weight management requires that I remain in that weight-loss 'mental state.' It doesn't mean that I'm losing, but it's an attitude that understands how easily I could regain every pound unless I am vigilant.

For me, this is worth any effort because I am enjoying this new body so very much. It's really true that "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Shipshemom ~ We probably live pretty close. It takes me about 35 minutes to get there

Teresa~ I am at 7 miles this week. We have been very busy this week and the weather has not been cooperating. I really hate running when it is humid and raining off and on. We leave for Boston in the morning and I am planning on doing my 7 miles on Tuesday morning when Scott is in training. I will then do my 8 miles on Friday morning. Hopefully their weather is dry. I hate running on the treadmill!

What do you do with all your squash? I know you make KevinPa's squash browns with the delicata
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/200/190 @ 5'7" size 14/16, age 55 (-235#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I've been maintaining for three years this past summer, and I hate to admit it, but maintaining has been even more challenging than actual weight loss. Granted, it took me a 'lifetime' to finally achieve a normal weight, having been obese from early childhood and only getting down to this size in my late 60s, but once I got in the right mental frame (I am convinced that 90% of this is mental), the weight loss process became my 'natural' way of eating, and despite losing just a pound a week (post-menopausal and hypothyroid), I really didn't experience any significant challenges.

But once I began maintaining and allowing myself the very occasional treat, all my old obese habits of compulsive overeating returned, taking me by surprise. I thought they were gone with the weight. I have read that physiologically our bodies fight to regain lost weight, and I've often felt that way.

Thus, the only thing that has worked for me is constant vigilance. For me, at least, effective weight management requires that I remain in that weight-loss 'mental state.' It doesn't mean that I'm losing, but it's an attitude that understands how easily I could regain every pound unless I am vigilant.

For me, this is worth any effort because I am enjoying this new body so very much. It's really true that "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
I agree leo41. I also have to be hyper-vigilant as I am a food addict. I enjoy food: the preparation, smell, texture, flavor; and enjoying socializing around food. Luckily, I now have friends that are low carb, and also are on this website; now it's fun trading, trying, and socializing around legal recipes!!

If one is determined to take the weight off, whether it be with the low carb WOE or needing additional assistance with surgical intervention, like I did, it can be done.
My late husband was a pastry chef and yet, I dropped 235 pounds. If I can do it, anyone else can, because it IS a mental can-do attitude!
Congrats to everyone who succeeds in even losing one pound. After all, it is one more pound gone, and one step closer to better health. Rome wasn't conquered in a day, and what fascinates me is how every one's body here has a different metabolism, in fighting this;the all out war against weight!
I thank each and every one of you for your assistance...as my success depends upon YOURS!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Teresa--I do not count calories, just carbs, but I don't actually add them up daily. I have stayed pretty much on Induction foods the entire time--trying to stay under 20g/day. I strive to eat as low as possible on individual foods. That means I rarely eat processed food. I read labels or look it up online. Eating the Induction Way helps offset when I eat sweets, which is far too often. I occasionally eat berries when they're on sale. I pretty much eat the same foods every day, but I keep meaning to actually add them up, but haven't yet. Maybe not being compulsive about adding them or measuring my food helps me stick w/ this. Most of the time I've been on Maintenance, I keep gaining & losing the same 5 lbs. I finally got back down to goal when I traded my lunch salad for my meats/veggies supper. I read a quote that says we should "Eat like a king for breakfast, like a prince for lunch & like a poor college kid for supper". I always eat 2 eggs for breakfast & sometimes a little ham or sausage. The salad does not keep me full until bedtime, but I rarely eat after supper since that causes me to gain weight. I don't mind being a little hungry at bedtime.

I don't eat out very often, but the other night we ate out for our b-day/anniv. & it was so much of a chore to find something low carb when I hadn't researched their menu. I usually stick to meat, veggies & cheese at large carry-in meals or restaurants because I do not trust how they were prepared. I'm appalled at the number of carbs in most restaurant foods & drinks. My sister is planning a "Girls Weekend" next week & I know she's expecting us all to eat lavishly even though she is an avid tri-athelete/runner. I am actually thinner than she is & I don't exercise vigorously. I do take my dog on a daily short walk though. I am the only one who low carbs among my family, co-workers & friends, so it gets tiresome always refusing their high carb goodies. I often resist very well away from home, but tend to give in to cravings at home since I keep snacks around for my family. I tend to be a secret binger. My b-day is next week, so I requested sausage & cheese slices for my treat, but the office mgr said she'll have to make something sweet for the rest too. No wonder everyone is overweight!!

I was always thin until about my late 30s when I couldn't keep the pounds from creeping on from perimenopause. I have been dieting since Jr High though since being overweight runs in my family. I am only 5'0 & have a small frame, so 20 extra lbs put me in the Overweight category. I was disgusted w/ my appearance & did not want my husband to be disgusted either since he has always been thin. Diabetes runs in my immediate family, so I eat low carb to keep that away too.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening ladies and welcome Leo!

Kathy---mostly I eat squash in the form of squash browns or I roast them. Also throw them in foil with some olive oil and spices and throw them on the grill. I do make several casseroles in the winter with them and also throw them in beef stew. I pretty much use all of them the same way although the buttercup is really sweet--very much like a sweet potato so I don't use them in as many recipes---but they are my favorite!

Have fun in Boston! I can't believe in a week you will be running 8 miles!! I remember when you were first doing the C25K!

Shipshemom---thanks for the run down! This statement is sooooo me!

Quote:
I often resist very well away from home, but tend to give in to cravings at home since I keep snacks around for my family. I tend to be a secret binger.
I don't know how many times I've gone through a stressful event, or a big eating event or a celebration or a vacation or whatever where there was all kinds of great food and I didn't eat any...but an hour or two or a day or two later I was binging. UGGG!

That's so funny on the b-day treats at work! I have a team member who is off and on with Atkins. His birthday was last month and his request was the same as yours. I did add crackers and strawberries and grapes so there was something for everyone but I loved that we were finally having a celebration that wasn't pure sugar! I also love that he is low carbing and I also have a few diabetics on the team so when I buy snacks for everyone (during this time of the year we have snacks available daily as we are on mandatory OT for about 5 months straight) I can justify spending a bit more on nuts and other healthy things.

Leo and Dirty ---yep, the mental part is totally it.....totally. I amaze myself with how I can flip from positive, gung ho, etc. one minute to totally don't care, why bother, blah, blah the next minute. I've asked many times for a lobotomy but no one will take me up on it!

Well ladies, I'm still not 100% back on track but much closer than I was just a few days ago. I think part of my problem right now is that I haven't figured out what the 'track' is that I want/need to be on. I don't want to give up all things maintenance (which isn't very low carb for me but is very healthy) but I do want to get this weight off. Trying to figure out how to have the best of both worlds....not sure if it's possible but I'm thinking CAD or something along the lines of carb cycling....none of it with crappy carbs but just the types of things I ate in the later phases of losing and in maintenance. I don't know.....I think I just need to choose something and go with it for 2 weeks---then change it up if needed.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I remember doing the c25k and thinking I was going to die when my first 5 minute run came! I work out with a great group of ladies & 2 guys who inspire me. We do a 1 hr class called Triple Threat that kicks butt. But sadly, I can go home and undo everything I do during a workout.

We leave at 7am and I haven't packed yet...
Old 10-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I haven't tried to add many higher carb, yet healthy foods. I've been too afraid to go much over 20g since it's been hard to maintain because I keep eating sweets. I do eat fruit occasionally when it's available instead of choosing a sweet dessert when I eat away from home. I guess I'm afraid that if I add in too many higher carb foods that I'll get back into my old eating habits & put the weight back on. It's almost easier to just keep eating the way I have been for the past 2˝ yrs. I've considered carb cycling, but I'm afraid it'll cause me to binge or overeat on the higher days. I'm a bit obsessed about my weight because I don't want that 20 lbs to creep back on now that I'm nearing menopause. My kids (ages 12 & 14) & my hubby are my Food Police because they know my WOE, but they are also the reason why I have too much junkfood in the house.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! I'm so happy to have peeps to check in with in the morning....starts my day right. Even if it is a Monday.

Kathy---hope you got everything packed in time! As far as undoing all your hard work---what types of things are triggers? Sweet or salty? Or is it just wanting larger volumes? For me it is always sweets as you know but I have definitely found out in the last year that my desire for large volumes is directly related to either restricting amounts or restricting a certain taste/texture/nutrient/etc. that I'm wanting/needing. I'm trying to figure out how to 'feed' those things in the healthiest way I can. Can't claim total success with that yet, but I think it's slowly working.

Hope you have a safe trip and check in soon!!

shipshemom---I think if you enjoy really low carb and it works for you, no need to change! I personally feel horrible on really low carb. I lost the majority of my weight at 50-60 net and felt pretty good there but feel much better at 80-100 net. Still technically low carb but the higher end. My problem is that I get into deep ketosis with anything under 50 and trace to moderate ketosis up until about 70-80. Depending on what types of carbs I'm eating and how much I'm eating I've even been in trace ketosis above 80. I can deal with trace---anything more than that and I feel crazy. I can't sleep and have all kinds of whacked out thinking and symptoms and I just feel rotten. So it's been a balancing act trying to find the right level and use the right foods that allow me to feel good, that energize me, don't leave me hungry, allow me to sleep, don't cause a gain or allow me to lose, etc. etc. At one point with lots of trial and error I had it down pretty well, but that was maintenance so I need to figure out the right formula now for losing. It's all such a big science experiment!

As far as sweets---do you mean the 'real' sugar kind or low carb? Have you ever made any low carb sweets? Those were my life savor while losing and I still made some of them while maintaining although most of them I converted into a bit more moderate carb but still using healthy lower glycemic ingredients. Finding the right ingredients that don't trigger cravings has been key for me with low or moderate carb baking--and it's taken some trial and error! I know people say that they lose their sweet tooth when low carbing or that food is fuel and you don't need sweets and blah, blah, blah. Well, I know me, and without them I would just end up binging on the junky stuff---so I've just found ways to make them healthy, nutritious and delicious and fit them into my daily plan!

OK, so one of the things that is really dragging me down is how far behind I am on things in my life. Simple things, not simple things---just everything. I have been procrastinating on everything and I spend more time stressing out then just doing what needs to be done. I seem to have lost all sense of a basic routine--and every part of my life is suffering as a result. I keep thinking I will tackle it all at once--change my eating, start exercising (basically just walking for me ), clean and organize my home and office. Get some projects completed both at home and work. Catch up on e-mails, phone calls, etc. The list goes on and on. Instead of falling into my all or nothing pattern---I'm going to come up with a list of a couple of easy things to do each day. With that---I have a list of 3 tasks to get done at work today and I'm already almost done with 1 of them. Tonight at home my goal is to clean the sink full of dishes from food prep this weekend (this is what I hate most about making all my food---dishes ), prep one of my buttercup squash for a recipe I'm planning to make tomorrow night (these suckers are hard to prep but very 'meaty' and tasty so worth the work involved) and go for a short walk. That's it. I'll let you all know later if I got it accomplished or not.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I wouldn't say I "enjoy" eating very low carb, it's just easier than figuring out how to add more foods. I guess when I get totally bored of eating the same foods, I'll try to add more healthy carbs gradually. But like I said, I eat too many real sugary sweets that already up my carbs. I'm trying to get control of that. I can go quite awhile w/o sweets, then I eventually give in because they are all around me. I do use artificial sweeteners in my tea & coffee & eat SF hard candy which helps. I'm too cheap to buy bagged Splenda & almond flour to make low carb sweets. Plus I just don't have the time for more involved recipes. I used to drink choc. protein powder shakes for my choc. fix, but the brand I use now doesn't taste good to me anymore. I just may have to open the can I have that I used to like better & try to use up the old stuff in a recipe.

Teresa, I'm sure you'll figure out your eating plan soon. If it were me, I'd just reduce carbs back to what you did to lose in the first place until you feel better about your weight. Losing a few lbs always energizes my mood. Carrying extra lbs always brings me down.

Last edited by shipshemom; 10-07-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'd just reduce carbs back to what you did to lose in the first place until you feel better about your weight
This has been in the back of my mind....don't know why I'm resisting it?! It makes me depressed I think, but I'm not sure why. I found many things I could make that I loved and I felt pretty good---but I just can't get my head back there....yet. Need to think about it some more I guess---or at some point maybe I'll just be ready to do it. I'm so focused on not binging right now that it's hard to really wrap my mind around changing anything too much....but who knows, a few more days of just being 'stable' and maybe I'll have a different outlook on it.

If you decide to add more carbs in I always suggest Atkins method---gradual, starting with lower glycemic foods, small increments, one food at a time, periods of time in between to see how your body/mind react, etc. etc. I always see people saying that gain when they add any carbs, but typically I think it's the way they go about adding them. Just my opinion though and everyone is different.

Did not get nearly enough done at work today but got lots done at home tonight! I only got in a short walk because it was dark when I got home but did quite a bit of walking at every opportunity today at work and got over 8500 steps in today. Hopefully I'll be back up to 10,000+ soon! Didn't get the buttercup prepped and too tired to start on it now but no real hurry, I can make that recipe another night.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I can understand how hard it is to give up your favorite meals you've been enjoying on Maintenance. You're right, that controlling binging is the 1st place to start. One trick I use is to mark on a calendar every night when I've made it through the day w/o binging. Not only does this encourage me to see how many days I can go & it is written success that I can see, I also find that the longer I go w/o binging, the easier it gets as I get the junk out of my system. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning.

Hmmmm, I like the idea of tracking the binge free days. Honestly in the last year I don't believe I have made it past 10 days, and often it's every 3-5 days. I'm on day 4....maybe I'll track it here. Thanks for the idea!

I got in my car this morning and realized I didn't have my pedometer. I was so tired and it was dark and cold and I didn't want to go back in and get it, but since I know it motivates me to do better I did. Yay me!

Kathy---hope you have arrived safely and have a great run today. Check in soon!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

We did arrive safely, thanks. I did my 7 mile run....the scenery is beautiful.The leaves don't seem that much different from home,but the were lots of pine needles on the ground......and lots of hills!!! I'm used to flat roads and corn fields.

I think we are going to try and eat dinner in a different state every night. Our hotel is only about 45 minutes from Rhode Island. This should be fun. My eating was good on the trip & so far today, hopefully it stays that way!

Teresa- you were always so good with cooking and portion control. I was always jealous of your menus and how you were able to incorporate a higher level of carbs and still lose. You used to keep a journal didn't you? If you still have it get it out for inspiration.

Shipshemom- do you ever go to E & S Sales? They carry almond flour at a good price. It's not blanched but I do use it for a few recipes.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay on the 7 miles! Are your leaves at home changing a lot? We're just barely starting to change and I'm afraid it will get too cold before we get the full effect.

How fun to do dinner in a different state every night---I'm envious! Well, I'm envious of traveling in general but I have never spent any significant amount of time in the NE and I think I would love it. I want to hear all about the sites, meals, activities, etc!

Another good idea.....check back on some old food journals. That would definitely give me some ideas and maybe pump me up? I mean, who can't get excited about peanut butter cheesecake muffins?! I think I will go back and look at some of those this weekend. Assuming I make it through until then I might be ready to dive back into something more loss oriented. I hope anyway. No binging today, no real thoughts of binging surprisingly considering it was a sucky day. But the little binge monster is sneaky sometimes so I'm on the look out!

Got a lot done at work today, even under high stress and really just wanting to walk out (which I would never do---but a girl can fantasize, right?!). Got nothing done at home tonight because I am still just ticked off from the day. I did go for a 2ish mile walk after work and got in a total for the day of over 9600 steps. Wish exercise would calm me down or help with stress or whatever but for the most part, it doesn't. But I got a walk in so I guess I accomplished something good!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight we went to Woonsocket, Rhode Island and ate at Applebee's. I had a bun less bacon cheeseburger and subbed veggies for the fries. Tomorrow we are eating in Connecticut. Scott is looking up restaurants to choose from.... I picked today and went with something safe for me.

Glad to hear you held on to your old journal. You could make me some of those PB cheesecake muffins. Remember when you were going to buy the house across the street from me so we could share food?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, our leaves are changing. We seem to have more red in our trees than they do. They have a lot of evergreen and pine trees. I posted some pictures of things from my run on Facebook.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes---I want to move in next door! I'll bake you low carb desserts and tasty dinners and you can support me!

I love Applebee's---there's always something that everyone likes there! And a bunless bacon cheeseburger sounds surprisingly good right now. Sorry though, I would have probably had to have some fries.

So what kind of place do you think Scott will choose? Will you be having any seafood out there? Can't remember if you like that or not?

I've barely seen any red this fall---I love all the reds, purples, oranges, etc. We're just barely turning yellow so I really think we're going to miss out on the pretty colors. We had storms and a lot of wind this last weekend and lost a good amount of leaves so it's not looking promising.

Maybe I'll take myself over to FB and check those out---and live vicariously through you!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Just looked---beautiful area, I think I need me one of those mansions! LOL You're right though, their trees aren't all that pretty yet, somehow I expected that area to have the color changes earlier and somehow they would be so much better...? Maybe they've been having a weird weather year too.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

When I came upon the housing addition with all the mansions I was almost afraid that someone was going to ask me to leave. There were about 6-8 more under construction. One of the construction workers whistled at me.... My guess is that they don't see many people back there and would have done that to anyone!

How far is Peoria, Illinois from you? Brooke was in the Miss You Can Do It Pageant there in July and plans to go back next year, I think it is in July. I'm pretty sure it was only like 40 miles from the Iowa border.

They said on the news this morning that further up the coast the leaves are at their peak colors now. Scott only has class 1/2 day on Friday so we are going to go up to Maine & Vermont for the day. I think we are going to stay in Albany, NY Friday night and head back home on Saturday. I would like to stop by Niagara Falls but we have been there before and he doesn't seem to interested in stopping....

I am not a big fan of seafood.... Unless it's breaded and fried. He found a place that had a little bit of everything. I forget what it's called. He is more adventurous with the seafood. I assume we will definitely have seafood in Maine on Friday.

I told Scott that I almost feel like I am in detox or some sort of rehab. He just laughed. Sure they have PB and cream cheese in the breakfast room downstairs, but I am focused at the moment and being good. WE have got this right?..... And No french fries!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL on being told to leave the ritzy district! I'm pretty sure you earned that whistle---enjoy!

Oh my gosh, Maine and Vermont?!? I am sooooo jealous! Definitely will need more pictures. And yes, you will have to have seafood in Maine! Or just make sure that Scott gets some and taste his. Seafood in coastal areas is sooooo much better than we get in the midwest. I always thought I hated shrimp until I had it in Mexico---I had no idea that is what it's supposed to taste like! Also was not a big fan of crab until I had it in Virginia.

As far as Peoria, I think it's probably 6 or so hours from me. Never gone there from where I am now but from my hometown or where my mom lives now I think it's maybe 2+ hours?? I'll have to check that out. If you go I would definitely drive over to see you! I could always stay with my mom on the way there or back, she would like that. Depending on when it is in July I'm always in IL the 3rd weekend (I think....or maybe the 4th weekend) for our family reunion.

I hear you on the rehab thing! It's a bit confining now just being really cautious of my choices---I'm sure it will be even more so when I narrow those choices down even further! But you're right---we got this---and no fries for me for awhile!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - actually it's in Kewanee about 12 miles off I–80. It was July 26th this year. If you still live where you used to it says 3 hrs 21min via I-80.

Scott likes all seafood. I will never forget the first time we went to Red Lobster and he ordered crab legs... Yuck, I don't even like to look at them!

He brought the camera and tripod so I am sure there will be more pictures. The ones I have on FB are just ones I took on my phone when I was running.