LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Hi ladies. May I join you?
I am nearly at goal, or at least what I think may be goal. I have been here before and maintained 120-125 for a couple of years. The over the cliff I went and didn't claw my way back until last Dec. losing the wt is easy, keeping it off is the hard part
I eat meat and veggies, tons of yogurt and cheese, berries and occasionally nuts. I'm on a pumpkin kick lately so I'm adding pumpkin to my yogurt. Pretty yummy
I do yoga 3-4 times a week and I'm currently involved in a 30 day plank challenge working up to a 3 minute plank.

Goals for 2014

Remain food-sane 1 day at a time
Continue with yoga
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Biochic! I'm enjoying pumpkin & greek yogurt lately too... Sounds like an interesting plan you're on.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I have eaten pumpkin and greek yogurt for the last few years at night 95% of the time. I add 1/2 oz golden flaxseed meal & chia, stevia, pp spice, vanilla flavoring and some flavoring (banana, almond, maple, coconut or maple) to change the dish. Then I stick it in the freezer for 30-45 min; after that add an oz of a mix of TVP, edamame w/wasabi nuts and soynuts to the top, and put an oz of walden farms caramel and an oz of chocolate sauce on top. It is like having dessert each night after I eat my huge salad. It is just my protein and veggie for supper! And I love it!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Wow, sounds yummy. I just mix mine up in a cup with some Truvia, Cinnamon & flax seeds... eating it right away.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

It takes like pumpkin cheesecake to me. Having yummy dessert-like options really helps keep me from feeling deprived.
Mary- that sounds amazing...and very filling!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning and welcome Biochic! Of course you can join!

I have been eating Greek yogurt with pumpkin a lot too but nothing quite so fancy as some---just some sweetener and some Cake spice (from Penzey's---lots of cinnamon and various warm spices---my favorite!).

Just a quick post for me---it's Monday and everyone needs something so back to work I go.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/160.8/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
Good morning everyone. Welcome Biochic

I did my 11 miles run yesterday. I went to my regular class today and did fine but I think I will be doing a rest day tomorrow. I keep getting people that try to tell me what I should be eating to prepare for the half....... They do not have a clue! I swear I am the only one at the YMCA that does LC!! NO, I am not going to eat "runners jelly beans" during the race.... Ugh

Teresa - did you get a lot accomplished this weekend? I think I managed to get more done this morning than I did all weekend. Lots more to do. We purchased a "home gym" this weekend and need to make room for it in the garage.
kathy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Biochic!

Did my 10,000 steps yesterday
Old 11-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Uggg---today has been a lonnnnnng one! And I forgot my pedometer, my lunch and who knows what else?! Glad it's pretty much over. Is it almost the weekend yet?

Kathy---so how did the 11 miles go? Just a few days and you will be doing it for 'real!' Are you excited? Did you take a rest day today? So I'm assuming you will still go to the gym even with the home gym....? I'm surprised that there aren't more low carbers at the gym. Most of the people I know that are really fit and athletic are pretty low carb---probably not as low carb as most here but the majority of their diets are lean meats, veggies, clean fats, some fruit and some whole grains....and that's about it. I have two 'gym rat/muscle guys' that I work with currently and they eat lots of veggies and fish and swig on protein drinks throughout the day! One of them actually eats coconut oil by the spoonful---I thought only people here did that.

Hope everyone else is having a nice day!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Hey.....slow down on that weekend thing....I'm not quite ready for Saturday morning.

The 11 miles was good. I did take a rest day today. I got a pressure sore from my tailbone in class yesterday My tailbone made an actual sore from doing sit ups. I had one last month too but this time it seems worse. That on top of my outer thighs being a little sore from the 11 miles....grr.

I am still going to go to the gym We are all going to use the home gym thing. Brooke will even be able to do one of the exercises from her wheelchair. She still has some muscle weakness in her back/shoulders from the surgery to put rods in her back.

I think that most of the girls do lower fat and count calories. But like I said the majority of them have never had a weight problem. I don't think they realize my struggle with portion control and binge eating. It is probably best that we just stick to fitness talk!

So far the weather for Saturday keeps getting worse, we are up to a 30% chance of rain. I can take the coldness or even snow....but not rain, yuck!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL on slowing down the weekend thing! OK....just for you I'll hope the time goes a little slower and that your tailbone and thighs are in tip top shape for your run! And by the way, ouch on the tailbone sore!! And I will also hope for no rain for you. I think we are actually supposed to be dry Sat. which will be a nice change as it's been drizzling off and on for several days.

OK, been trying to post for over 2 hours now....so I guess I better submit this before I lose it!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Good News....they have changed the forecast! Now the low for Friday night is 37 and the high on Sat is 56 with a 0-10% chance of rain depending on who you listen to. So the race starts at 8 am I'm thinking maybe 40ish when we start. I can handle that

I have been working in the garage trying to make room for the new workout equipment. We are also wanting the treadmill out of our bedroom. I never use it. I think it will get used more in the garage next to the home gym. It will be weird to workout with Scott!! He is strong and fit but he has never worked out. I think he is afraid that he might start gaining weight with age?

My eating has been good. I hope it stays that way!! I am thinking of joining the challenge (kinda like biggest loser) at the Y. It starts on Nov 19th and ends in the beginning of Jan it is designed to keep you accountable over the holiday....I need that!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone
Kathy, I'm so impressed with your running
A good friend of mine just completed the NYC marathon. I'm amazed by people who can run long distances! My legs hold out but I lose my breath.
Yoga is so much easier for me!

I'm doing a 30 day plank challenge. I'm on day 5 and up to holding the plank for 40 secs. Not as easy as I thought it would be!

Have a wonderful evening all
Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish I could run but feel like I would stumble over my own feet. It seems like my head/mind would be running but the rest of me would be in slow motion. Crazy notion, I know. I'll be praying for you, Kathy, that you finish it with no injuries.

I came home to my front porch finished. It was one of the last thing the buikders had to do. It looks super!

Made my salads for the week and then will make the entree each day. I added back a oiece of fruit this week and my calories are up to 1600 and could easily go up to 1800 if I were to change to whole milk greek yogurt. Since I have been used to 1400-1509, I want to see how it affects me. It definitely affected the carb count. Fiber is up to 45 or so, and that is without a lick of any grain.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Kathy---yay on the weather--hope they are right! Maybe Scott just wants to spend more time with you. Or maybe he's worried you're getting too strong and could beat him up! Either way, very cool. A BL challenge during the holidays is an excellent idea!

Biochic---planks ARE hard! I haven't done one for eons but I remember them well!

Mary---so are you building a new house? An addition?

This week has been horrible. Not eating wise, but work wise. I need to win the lottery. But since I never remember to buy a ticket, guess I need to get serious about finding a new job.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

We aren't building a house but renovating the house we have been in over 30 years. It was the eyesore in the neighborhood and now has all the rotten wood removed and replaced, new siding, roof, windows, front and back porch, garage doors and gutters. When we refinanced our house for the money, the rate went down and we were able to pull out enough and pay 100 less per month payment. It is like getting a new house. They still have to do the back porch, garage doors and gutters.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Biochic~ Does your plank challenge include side planks or just regular? We do planks in our class as a part of interval training/muscle fatigue. We go as long as 1:30 and that is enough for me! I don't ever see myself doing a full marathon, a couple of my friends did it last year and ended up with knee & toe issues....no thanks! I have never tried yoga. I do Zumba (not very often anymore), strength training & now running. I am still not a very good runner but I get it done

Mary~ I started off with the Couch to 5k program several years ago. It was very challenging for me but I made it through the program. When I looked at week 4-8 at the beginning I thought there was no way I could do that but the program is designed well and works. Thanks, I think I will need all the prayers I can get. There is always a chance that I could get hurt but I think I will be "mentally" hurting! I have "trained" by myself this whole time and I will be running with 2 girls that are way faster than me & they have my permission to "encourage" me to push myself....I'm scared!

I try not to count anything....I'm terrible. Where does all your fiber come from?

Teresa~ I might be able to kick his butt! I would probably have to chase him for about 3 or 4 miles until he fell over on the side of the road. He might be faster but I have better endurance
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Hi kathy-
No side planks but we do them in yoga. I'm up to 45secs and that seemed very doable for me today

I started taking fiber tabs. I probably eat way too much dairy but until me body not longer tolerates it I'm going with yogurt and cheese and heavy cream. Not necessarily in one bowl mind you, but almost!

Honestly I have absolutely no idea what my carbs and calorie counts are. in the beginning I kept track on a website (can't recall which one now) but now I eat when I'm hungry and avoid bread, pasta, rice, white potatoes etc. any carbs I get come from veggies or berries or my yogurt ( and that # is constantly debated!)

Have a good evening all!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

The fiber comes from fruits, veggies and soy protein. I have migrated first to vegetarianism. Then to 1-2 meals vegan and this week I had 3 meals vegan a couple times. I am still experimenting with a variety of soy protein meals I can utilize. And I am not saying I won't ever eat Greek yogurt (Cabot 10% fat) but one day at a time I won't I love Greek yogurt and this weeken I am experimenting with making it from soy protein.

I don't eat coconut or almonds or any grains, so the only way I get it with soy for protein.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning--it's Friday --long holiday weekend (hope it is for all of you?!)!!

Kathy---so anything special you need to do today to prepare for the big day? Get lots of rest? Eat certain foods? Do lots of stretching? I'm assuming you won't work out today....or will you? Basically I have no idea what you do to get ready for this kind of thing! Good luck---I'm sure you will do great! Looking forward to hearing your report about it this weekend.

Mary--cool on the renovations, like having a brand new house yet with all the comforts of your long time home.

Biochic---I'm a big believer in not counting if you don't have to. I think it can just lead to more obsession and less listening to your body and taking care of it's needs. That said I know a lot of people need that structure, which if fine, but if you don't--don't do it!! I've never formally counted anything or tracked anything on this journey---but a life time of dieting and counting is automatically programmed in my head, so I have no problem looking at a plate of food and calculating pretty much everything with great accuracy....which can be a blessing and a curse. I would much prefer to let my body figure out what it needs and leave my head out of it!

Have I said how much I am looking forward to the weekend? I have lots to do but as long as I don't have to be at work---all is good.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Three day weekend
Enjoy everyone!!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I am SUPER nervous! My stomach is a little "off" ...... I just need to stop thinking about it. I went and picked up my race packet today. I didn't work out today I was going to just walk a couple miles. I ended up shopping all day instead

I am just eating my normal way. I am going to get up early and have my coffee. I hope I can find a parking spot in the morning. It is only about 9 miles from my house but there is people from many different states registered should be tons of people for our little town.

Scott will be bringing Brooke in town to meet me at the finish line. I have to take her to cheer practice about 1/2 hr after my expected finish time. I am sure there will be race pics taken....whether or not they make it to the internet or not will depend on how awful I look!

Wish me luck!!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Biochic

Let me just say one thing.....the next 1/2 marathon I do I will wish for better weather!! It was SO windy and cold & as the sun got higher it warmed things up a little but my calves did not like the temperature difference. I had cramping in my calves from about 6.5 miles on.... I finished slower than I had hoped but I did it. It will not be hard for me to beat my time of 2:36 on my next one. I almost think I prefer to run alone so it's just me and my music & NO conversations. Lets just say the girl I ran with is having a mini crisis about her life (single, no kids, everyone at the gym has families, etc...) I just barely managed to stay above the 5mph average. I did it, I am alive and I will do it again.

Eating was basically just gluten free & sugar free after the race and yesterday. I am back to LC now....reward over!!!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend.....now get back here and keep me company
Old 11-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Wow!! you did it! Such a great accomplishment. And you're talking about "the next time"
Good for you!!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats! kathy. That is awesome. Will we be seeing pics of you? Please?

I laid low this weekend and got back to my walking today.

I completed day 4 trying the plant based food plan. I still won't eat grains, sugar or beans except soybeans. I will eat small seeds like flax, sesame or chia. Lots of veggies and niw two fruits. I feel good. I am surprised I don't miss the greek yogurt as much as I thought I would. At least for today, I don't. I am still right around 146 lbs, so the extra food hasn't caused any weight gain. We'll see what the future brings.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy76 View Post
Thanks Biochic

Let me just say one thing.....the next 1/2 marathon I do I will wish for better weather!! It was SO windy and cold & as the sun got higher it warmed things up a little but my calves did not like the temperature difference. I had cramping in my calves from about 6.5 miles on.... I finished slower than I had hoped but I did it. It will not be hard for me to beat my time of 2:36 on my next one. I almost think I prefer to run alone so it's just me and my music & NO conversations. Lets just say the girl I ran with is having a mini crisis about her life (single, no kids, everyone at the gym has families, etc...) I just barely managed to stay above the 5mph average. I did it, I am alive and I will do it again.

Eating was basically just gluten free & sugar free after the race and yesterday. I am back to LC now....reward over!!!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend.....now get back here and keep me company
and

I am so proud of you....wow, that is just amazing!! So after doing that do you feel like you might want to do a full marathon someday??
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning all! Just a quicky as I'm at work. Some weird light turned on in my car this morning---one of those 'problem' lights so I need to figure out what it is and get to the dealer. The car is only a year old so it better not be anything serious.

I had a nice long weekend....but it is never long enough! Food was great---I've pretty much gone back to maintenance foods at this point, just couldn't handle not sleeping and how I was feeling with lower carb---it's supposed to be a mood elevator but not for me---I apparently need quite a few carbs to get the seratonin and dopamine and all of that stuff to do their thing! For right now eating this way is fine, but I'm going to have to figure out something else to get the pounds off however I'm trying not to stress on that right now as it will just lead me to all the crazy restricting/binging stuff that I had been doing for the last year.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa~ I'm sure I could do a full marathon but I would need the weather to be better. I didn't mind the cold but that wind was terrible. They even had to take down the giant blow up finish line because they couldn't keep it anchored.

I had my hair highlighted yesterday.....not too sure of it yet. I had several people say they like it & others didn't mention it and it's very noticeable .....makes me wonder if they don't like it.

I drove myself to the marathon and had Scott get the kids around.....that would be why Brooke's hair is a mess and she has a hat on..lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marathon.jpg (45.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by kathy76; 11-13-2013 at 08:51 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Great pic and what a fun memory!! I had a feeling you would go from here to a full marathon.

Now we need a pic of the highlighted hair!!

OK---in a rush again. Everything is status quo here. Finally meeting my steps goal, eating is great, scale going down a tiny bit even with more carbs and truly I just feel sooooo much better! And sleeping is sooooo much better!! I just need to be satisfied with losing at a really slow rate---which is so hard---but it's really the only way that is going to work for me I think. Now I just have to stay in this mindset that feeling great it worth the long process ahead of me!

2 weeks till Thanksgiving! What is everyones plan for the holiday? And will you be Black Friday shopping?

Have a great day---it's almost the weekend!