Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big_Al
Stats: Maintaining at 185ish
WOE: VLC (<15g per day)
Start Date: April 2010
Been two years now and I've been very aware of what I eat and such. Basically I keep low carb and weigh myself every day. Main problem I have is during the hot humid Houston summer where I seriously crave a beer when working in the yard all day. Thank goodness it's the Fall now

I have also been cranking up my exercise the past 6 months. In addition to the 30 minutes of treadmill every morning that I have been doing for a few years now, I have added P90X everyday. I've had to add some carbs just before and after to keep from "bonking" due to low energy. But I find an apple before and then some nuts after helps a lot.

The key is to keep reminding yourself that this is all part of a never ending lifestyle change.
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
Kathy--I shop at E&S very regularly since it is only about 5 min from work & they open at 7:30am, so I can get a few things on my way to work. Thanks for the almond flour suggestion--I actually looked today, but I wanted to buy it in bulk & didn't see any. The only kind I've seen there is in the Organic section in small bags. I use too much AS in my coffee & tea every day, so I really don't want to bake something that calls for at least cup AS. I prefer to avoid desserts completely since I'd just overeat anyway. I do buy Flax seed in bulk there & make MIM w/ it.

Teresa--I'd be interested in your PB Cheesecake Muffin recipe as long as it doesn't call for more than a couple packets of AS. I have made a cream cheese muffin that is Ok, but not great. I keep trying to convince myself that I don't need desserts. I go in spurts of avoiding them really well, then I relapse. There is a candy bar bowl at work that I pass several times a day w/o eating any, but after awhile I give in. Today they had Root Beer Floats available, but I stayed strong. All that resisting gets to me, then I cave & eat junk when I get home that wasn't nearly as good as what I passed up! When my hubby can hold me accountable, sometimes I eat just 3 bites & give the rest to him. I read somewhere that all we really want to do is taste it & after that we're just finishing it because it's there.

If I may join your "changing leaves" discussion....they are just starting to turn here, but it seems like a lot are falling on the ground already. Maybe our warmer temps are to blame. My 14 yr old son is still wearing shorts to school this week.
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
The key is to keep reminding yourself that this is all part of a never ending lifestyle change.

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Hey all and welcome Big Al and momov2boys!

All I can say is I am WIPED OUT! Long, incredibly stressful day. I'll be back tomorrow to read and respond but right now I can't even concentrate. I really wish I was a drinker---I could use one right now!

But it's almost Friday!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Today is my birthday & I have resisted all urges to indulge w/ the excuse that I deserve it because it's my b-day. That is usually my norm. Hope I can hold out until bedtime. My work treat party is tomorrow though & I know there'll be something sweet since we're celebrating another co-worker's b-day too. Hopefully, she brings the sausage & cheese I requested.

Teresa--you sound very stressed...Hang in there! Look for at least one thing that goes right every day, try to tackle tasks one at a time & accept that you're doing the best that you can. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/202 @ 5'7" size 7X/14W age 55 (-246#),
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
Happy birthday

To shipshemom!!

Have a good b-day, today is my uncles birthday too! Last year, for my birthday, I purchased a box of expensive sugar free chocolates and had them at my desk, and while everyone ate cake, I played a game with myself to see if I could leave the box unopened. By God, I did it! UNTIL 9 that night. I ate 4 pieces, and had diarrhea for a couple of hours......
I am HOPELESS sometimes!!

Last edited by Dirty Harriet; 10-10-2013 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Sp
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Harriet, that made me laugh!! Sugar alcohol does that to me too. I don't even eat Atkins bars anymore for that reason. I found some SF Russel Stover chocolates that didn't affect me, but they are expensive & I could rarely eat just one in a sitting. I'm better off avoiding sweets completely, then substituting w/ low carb ones since I'll just overeat them.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Teresa!

Shipshemom !!!

Hi hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!

I'm taking boys to Leavenworth today & we're also going "pumpkin-patching!"

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy76 View Post
Teresa - actually it's in Kewanee about 12 miles off I80. It was July 26th this year. If you still live where you used to it says 3 hrs 21min via I-80.

Scott likes all seafood. I will never forget the first time we went to Red Lobster and he ordered crab legs... Yuck, I don't even like to look at them!

He brought the camera and tripod so I am sure there will be more pictures. The ones I have on FB are just ones I took on my phone when I was running.
Yep, I still live in the same place. I'm pretty sure I've been to Kewanee before as well....why I'm not sure but I think at one point or another I've been pretty much everywhere in IL!

So did you taste some seafood?? And, any more pics? I'll have to check FB to see if there are any new ones. I'm guessing you are travelling back today--have a safe one!

Oh--and are you still eating Greek yogurt on your plan? If so there are tons of great coupons out there right now for different kinds of it. I rarely see coupons for the brands that I eat so it's weird that suddenly all the brands I use have lots of coupons out (mostly printables).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
Been two years now and I've been very aware of what I eat and such. Basically I keep low carb and weigh myself every day. Main problem I have is during the hot humid Houston summer where I seriously crave a beer when working in the yard all day. Thank goodness it's the Fall now

I have also been cranking up my exercise the past 6 months. In addition to the 30 minutes of treadmill every morning that I have been doing for a few years now, I have added P90X everyday. I've had to add some carbs just before and after to keep from "bonking" due to low energy. But I find an apple before and then some nuts after helps a lot.

Another exerciser--yay!! I keep hoping that will somehow rub off on me. Glad the lure of a beer is going away for you....also glad that I hate beer so one less temptation for me!

I agree, this is a forever change and challenge---unless someone gives me that lobotomy that I keep asking for! Gosh, it would be so nice to just wake up one day and have a healthy relationship with food and taking care of myself in that regard came just as naturally as breathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipshemom View Post
Kathy--I shop at E&S very regularly since it is only about 5 min from work & they open at 7:30am, so I can get a few things on my way to work. Thanks for the almond flour suggestion--I actually looked today, but I wanted to buy it in bulk & didn't see any. The only kind I've seen there is in the Organic section in small bags. I use too much AS in my coffee & tea every day, so I really don't want to bake something that calls for at least cup AS. I prefer to avoid desserts completely since I'd just overeat anyway. I do buy Flax seed in bulk there & make MIM w/ it.

Teresa--I'd be interested in your PB Cheesecake Muffin recipe as long as it doesn't call for more than a couple packets of AS. I have made a cream cheese muffin that is Ok, but not great. I keep trying to convince myself that I don't need desserts. I go in spurts of avoiding them really well, then I relapse. There is a candy bar bowl at work that I pass several times a day w/o eating any, but after awhile I give in. Today they had Root Beer Floats available, but I stayed strong. All that resisting gets to me, then I cave & eat junk when I get home that wasn't nearly as good as what I passed up! When my hubby can hold me accountable, sometimes I eat just 3 bites & give the rest to him. I read somewhere that all we really want to do is taste it & after that we're just finishing it because it's there.

If I may join your "changing leaves" discussion....they are just starting to turn here, but it seems like a lot are falling on the ground already. Maybe our warmer temps are to blame. My 14 yr old son is still wearing shorts to school this week.
Well, not sure how much sweetener is in a packet so I don't know if this fits the bill or not? But this is an oldie but goodie from the recipe room here that I just alter with different things....but mostly pb! The original recipe is double this but I just make 1/2 at a time:

1 brick cream cheese (light or full fat)
1 egg
1/4 cup sweetener
1 t vanilla

If you look at the recipe thread there are tons of flavors and things people add to these---some make them savory with bacon and onions and stuff, but mostly sweet variations. This is what I add to mine---measurements are approximate because I don't really measure things!

1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
additional 2T sweetener
sf chocolate chips (optional)

I leave the cream cheese and egg out for several hours before making. Blend everything (except choc chips) with a hand blender then add chips. Pour into greased muffin tin. Bake at 325-350...not sure on time but at least 15 minutes and probably more. I wait until they puff up pretty good in the middle, although once you take them out they'll deflate and might look a bit not done in the middle---that's OK. The first recipe without my additions bakes up much quicker as there isn't a lot to them density wise.

I use erythritol and stevia for sweeteners in these, I'm not much into Splenda or aspartame. The original recipe (without additions) in theory is for 6 muffins but they are tiny and personally I would just end up eating 2. My additions give you 6 nice size servings and 1 is plenty! They need to be refrigerated for several hours before eating, preferably overnight. Once they've cooled I just put them in individual baggies in the fridge and then grab one to throw in my lunch bag in the morning.

OK---so after writing that I just got out an egg and cream cheese---guess what I'm making today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipshemom View Post
Today is my birthday & I have resisted all urges to indulge w/ the excuse that I deserve it because it's my b-day. That is usually my norm. Hope I can hold out until bedtime. My work treat party is tomorrow though & I know there'll be something sweet since we're celebrating another co-worker's b-day too. Hopefully, she brings the sausage & cheese I requested.

Teresa--you sound very stressed...Hang in there! Look for at least one thing that goes right every day, try to tackle tasks one at a time & accept that you're doing the best that you can. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Happy belated---hope it was a good one! How did the rest of the day go? Did she bring the snacks you requested?

Yes--very stressed---thanks for the pep talk, I need it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harriet View Post
To shipshemom!!

Have a good b-day, today is my uncles birthday too! Last year, for my birthday, I purchased a box of expensive sugar free chocolates and had them at my desk, and while everyone ate cake, I played a game with myself to see if I could leave the box unopened. By God, I did it! UNTIL 9 that night. I ate 4 pieces, and had diarrhea for a couple of hours......
I am HOPELESS sometimes!!
on the sf chocolate---been there, done that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momov2boys View Post
Thank you, Teresa!

Shipshemom !!!

Hi hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!

I'm taking boys to Leavenworth today & we're also going "pumpkin-patching!"

Pumpkin patching sounds fun---hope you had a great time! How old are your boys? Do your kids go out trick or treating? If so have they picked out their costumes yet?

Well, I've decided I'm going back to a lower carb plan starting today! Goal is 50 net or less for the first two weeks and then add things back in slowly after that if needed. I'd love to stay in the 30ish range for the first week but only if I can avoid feeling whacked out and wired. If that happens I may just alternate between 30 and 50 carbs and see how that works---but I'll deal with that when I get there.

I've worn my pedometer all week and my hope was to be able to average 70,000 steps for the week but I would need to get in about 25,000 steps today to make that happen and I'm pretty sure I won't. However that will be my weekly goal and I'll just keep pushing myself towards that. I love that my pedometer keeps track for the week so I don't have to write it all down.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? Me---it's just gonna be errands, food prep, cleaning, etc. However after the stress filled week I've had that actually sounds kind of fun!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kathy76
Stats: (313)282/160.8/155-160
Start Date: 9/19/05
Teresa - - Scott was supposed to have a half day of training yesterday and they ended up staying a little late on Thursday and skipped Friday so we headed to Maine early. We took lots of pictures on the real camera so I will load them tonight on Facebook so you can check on there tomorrow. We stayed in Albany, NY Last night. On the road again now.... Possibly stopping at Niagara Falls. We have been there before but not in the Fall.

I am eating GY occasionally. I printed some coupons before I left home probably the same ones. I am not eating it everyday right now.
kathy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My boys are 8 & 10. We had a fun-filled day yesterday. Lunch out; walked around Leavenworth; jump houses & slides; pumpkin patch; evening with friends & sleepovers...

Boys will trick-or-treat. 8 year old will be a ghost/zombie; and 10 year old still hasn't decided.

Teresa, I think I remember you posting a lot, years ago--2006-7, 8 (?). Was it on South Beach?

I take 50mg benadryl every night. It helps me sleep better & for longer periods.

I must try PB cheesecake muffins. I adore PB!

Taking my boys for flu-shots today & preparing to teach Sunday School tomorrow. Also going to my mom's for dinner.

It's dreary today here; maybe I'll sneak in a slight nap.

Happy Saturday!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Arrrgggg.....the weekend is almost over. I need to find a way to make Monday's fun so I don't hate them so much!

Kathy---glad you got some extra time on Friday to do stuff---did you have fun? Did you make it to N.F.? I'll go check out FB in a bit. I tried to find the evil Dr A M&M's today---no luck! Probably just as well but I want to make monster cookies at some point this fall and they would be perfect for that....but I'm sure I'll find them eventually.

momov2boys---I bet 8 and 10 are fun ages! You don't have to cart them around anymore but they're not running around with their friends---and driving, and all that scary stuff that teens do! Your day out with them sounded fun, and I bet trick or treating will be too!

I did post a lot back in 07 and 08, but not South Beach. I was in a thread or two in the Low Carb Challenge area as well as the Century Club. My first year here I posted quite a bit in the Main Lobby but now I rarely go there.

OK---so that's 3 votes for Benadryl....guess I need to go get some!

Today is a perfect fall day---I'm guessing mid 70's, no clouds, intense sun, barely a breeze....I could deal with this every day! I have stayed low carb all weekend---woohoo, 2 days! I've mostly eaten a lot of veggies, dairy and fat, which suits me fine. I do have a pork loin in the crock pot right now with a bunch of buttercup squash. Wish I had some bell pepper strips to throw in but after searching the freezer I have none. When I'm eating healthy that is a staple in my home so it was weird to realize that I didn't have any and can't remember the last time I bought some! Have to put that on my list for next weekend. I think however I have enough prepared or easy to put together meals for the week---so I have no good excuse not to eat right (not that any of my other excuses were good!).

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa~ No we did not end up going to N.F. Traffic was kinda heavy & we kept seeing tons of tour buses. I decided to just go on home. As you will see on Facebook we saw tons of stuff. I'm so glad we took the tripod so we could get pictures together.

Back to real life now. We are in the process of residing my MIL's house. We had the 2 sides everyone sees done before we left now we are working on the rest. Saving her some money and making ourselves some extra money I also had to close a Scentsy Party today and sort/pack one that came while I was gone. Oh, and laundry......

I still haven't seen the Atkins M&M's ....but I haven't looked for them either. I would buy them and end up in the bathroom all day and Scott would tell me to go sleep on the couch...lol

Brooke has requested Pumpkin Sausage soup this week. It is going to get cold later this week so I will probably make some along with chili for Spencer.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! I'm at home today. Woke up before 3am coughing up a storm off and on for about 2 hours. When I got up my throat was sore which I assumed was from all the coughing...however now I'm light headed, muscles in my back and neck are kind of sore/achy (might be from the coughing?) and I'm really tired. I hope I'm not getting something nasty but it's not looking good. And on top of it all TOM started which shocked me because it's right on time which is unusual as of late. So I decided I'm not fit to be around anyone today and I'm staying home! Now I hope I start feeling better and get a little energy as I have a lot of stuff I could be doing around here...I hate wasting a day off being sick.

Kathy---checked out your pics---beautiful! The scenery is so pretty/quaint and you and Scott look awesome!

Yeah, I can't eat the sf candy alone---I will definitely overeat it, even though it doesn't taste all that great. But I do like to put some of it in things on occasion---like I used to use the sf Reeses chopped up in my pb cheesecake muffins.

Pumpkin sausage soup---why didn't I think of that?! Love it, and it's the perfect time of the year for it. Brooke has very good taste.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa~ You are the reason I started making the Pumpkin soup, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure you are the one that told me you added the yellow bell pepper. Tonight we are having breakfast for supper. My MIL is making French Toast and bacon. I found a new recipe for Fluffy Vanilla Protein Pancakes I am going to try. 3T coconut flour, 1/4t. baking powder, 1 scoop vanilla PP, 3 eggs & 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk. It's on a paleo site.

Were you already off work or are you home because you are sick? Sounds like what Brooke has. She claims she is feeling better because she is sleeping better since we are home from our trip. I must have magic "mom" powers

Did we meet in Peoria, IL in 2009? I know it right before my first 5k. Which happened to be my last for several years. Now it's hard to believe I am going to run 9 miles on Thursday Anyways, we are much older now. Scott probably looks the same to you .....but I am up about 20lbs from when we met

Momov2boys~ My 9 year old says he is going to be a hunter this year. We bought him a bow for Christmas last year. He targets shoots but I can't see him being an actual hunter.....he is to sensitive, at least for now.

Went to the gym, got laundry going now to work on everything else .....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

I called in sick. I'm feeling a bit better but achy, exhausted and tired. Haven't coughed at all since I woke up and my scratchy throat is getting better...no clue what this whole thing is about?! Maybe I need some magic 'mom' powers when I can't sleep! Perhaps my mom can drive 4 hours every night to come tuck me in.

I wish I could do coconut flour, so many good recipes with it---but it's just one of those things that my body does NOT like! Hopefully they turn out yummy! I love breakfast for dinner. I'm actually thinking about having it for lunch---maybe an omelet and an OMM. I made a pumpkin OMM last night that turned out like a pumpkin bar....might have to make another one of those!

I totally forgot about adding yellow peppers to the soup---yep, that was me! I remember trying other colored peppers and they were OK but something about the yellow was 'just right.'

We met outside of Chicago...I think Aurora? It was a western suburb. I remember it was in the suburb where Wayne's World took place....or very close to it.

9 miles?!? Not sure if I could walk 9 miles! So how did 8 miles go? Do you stop and walk at all during these runs or is it straight through? Either way, amazing!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry you don't feel well, Teresa. That stinks! Rest today & get fluids.

I'm up 2 pounds this AM (b/c TOM is coming).

Boys have half days all week d/t conferences; so my mornings are busier than usual.

I'll work at their book fair 11:30-1:30 Today - Thurs.

Hope to have a quiet afternoon!

Off to have a cup of coffee before leaving!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning---or almost afternoon here. Went into work early this morning and made it almost 3 hours before I had to come home....chills, body aches, etc. Yep, looks like it's some kind of nasty bug. ARGGGGGGGGGG Tried to take a nap when I got home but no go. Now I'm just sitting here feeling slightly miserable---just enough where I can't do anything but not bad enough that I can stand just laying around. I so wish I was one of those people that can sleep no matter what because I would definitely try to just sleep this day (and bug) away!

momov---hope you have a nice time at the book fair this week and enjoy your 1/2 days with the boys. Is the picture in your avi near where you live? I've never been to WA state so I really have no clue what the terrain is even like there? Do you have pretty fall leaves yet?

Well, if I can get up some energy I might run to Walgreen's and get some Benedryl or something. I took some night time cold meds last night but that didn't help me sleep at all. I'm taking some cold/flu meds today but other than maybe cutting my fever a bit I don't know that they are doing much for me. I just have never responded too well to medicines. Probably the only reason I never became a drug addict or alcoholic---same thing, they never do for me what they do for others...which in that case is a good thing!

Alright...I suppose I will go lay on the couch, turn on the TV and twiddle my thumbs.

Last edited by Teresa123; 10-15-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/202 @ 5'7" size 7X/14W age 55 (-246#),
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
Teresa, I don't know where you're located, but everyone I know has this nasty crud and we are in northern CA!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Get well soon, Teresa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
momov---hope you have a nice time at the book fair this week and enjoy your 1/2 days with the boys. Is the picture in your avi near where you live? I've never been to WA state so I really have no clue what the terrain is even like there? Do you have pretty fall leaves yet?
Book fair is fun, but I'm exhausted!
Eating is fine...keeping up with good, healthy choices.

Pictures are taken from our deck. We live in central Washington.
Leaves are changing and pretty, but nothing like I remember the leaves from Western NY, where we grew up.

We moved from MD to WA two years ago.
We're loving the Pacific NW!

I ordered Maria Emmerich's cookbook: The Art of Healthy Eating: Savory today. Can't wait to get it in a couple of days!

Hope all is well, Ladies!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Finally feeling better! Slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon and got another 4-5 last night so I'm sure that helped. I hate that I'm even farther behind at work but not much I can do but try to catch up.

Harriet--I'm right in the middle of the heartland--Iowa---and this crud is going around here too. A year ago was the first time I got sick since I started low carbing in 2006---seriously, never a sniffle before late last Nov but this is the 4th time now I've gotten some kind of bug or flu in the last year. Tells me once again how critical healthy eating is to my overall health.

momov---oh my gosh, what a beautiful view! That looks so peaceful I think I could sit and look at those views all day!! Wow--you don't mess around when you move---from one side of the country to the other!

I'm glad you brought up Maria....I don't have any of her books but I used to look at her blog from time to time, need to go check that out again. I want to hear what you think about this cook book. If I remember right she used a lot of coconut flour in things so that was a turn off for me since I can't eat it but in a savory cook book maybe that wouldn't come into play as much? Definitely want to hear what kind of things you try and how you like them. I could use some new ideas!

Eating has been OK. Definitely a few choices in the last couple of days that I hadn't planned on but still overall low carb and no overeating or binging so that's a victory. Now that I'm feeling a bit better I need to reign it back in though because I can easily go way off on a tangent once I start down that path! Haven't worn my pedometer for the last couple of days and although I will start wearing it again today I'm not pushing for anything more than my normal amount of movement cause I think my body is already worn down enough right now. But I do want to keep the habit of wearing it and tracking.

Have a great day all---Happy Hump Day!!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Momov2boys- I have Maria's Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism book. I got the Kindle version and really wish I had the print version. I have a hard time reading things on the Kindle. My thought was that I would take it to the gym with me and read it on one of the machines, doesn't work out so well for me.

Teresa - Maria always gives almond flour and coconut flour directions for her recipes. I think she prefers to use almond flour herself but gives the coconut flour directions for those with nut allergies.

To answer you question about running, I end up running about 95% off the time. I really think it is usually a mental thing when I walk. The girls I am doing the 13.1 with are runners so they are going to be my cheerleaders and encourage me to give it my all.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Kathy---ah, I didn't realize that Maria gives directions for both flours. I don't like almond flour in baking (a little picky, huh?! ) but I do know how to convert from that to the flours I like so that will be great. I've never spent enough time studying the coconut flour stuff to figure out how to convert it---I just know it works very different than other flours....and it gives me a stomach ache. How did your pancakes work out the other night?

So today is your 9 miles, right? Good luck--I'm sure you'll do great!! So I know your 1/2 marathon is in November...remind me what is the date?

I continue to feel better---yay! Slept almost 9 hours (with some interruptions) last night.....ahhhhh, that was incredible. As I mentioned when my eating gets off course I tend to go off on a tangent. I don't mean eating unhealthy things necessarily (although it can get to that if I don't nip it in the bud), but just not my normal eating patterns....specifically looking for easy/snacky things to eat instead of a meal. Last night---dinner was peanut butter. Yes---peanut butter. Could I have easily warmed up one of the many things I made last weekend---yes. But no, I had peanut butter. Luckily there wasn't a ton left in the jar and I was too lazy to stir up (I use the natural kind) a new jar but still. So today I have my meal plan firmly planted in my head and I'm gonna stick with it!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning

Teresa~ Yes, today is my 9 miles.....and it is currently drizzling outside. My 1/2 marathon in on November 9th, the Saturday before Veterans Day.

The pancakes were SO dry. I would never make them again. I could have put an entire stick of butter on top and they still would have sucked Have you ever tried a different brand of coconut flour? I used the bag that you gave me w/o any issues. I normally buy Bob's Red Mill that I can pick up locally.

I'm glad you are feeling better! I have been feeling kinda blah for the past couple days. Terrible headache yesterday, still here today but not as bad. I think I need some sunshine!

I am dreading going out and running....my body is still sore from yesterday's workout, it's cold and damp out, and I'm not feeling the best. BUT, I will get it done! We have a high school senior that is interning at the YMCA usually she does a small portion of our 1hr class but yesterday she taught the whole hour. I had to remind her that she was teaching a class full of 30 somethings....... feeling it today!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No worries, Teresa...PB is a fine dinner, once in awhile!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Hi, I didn't realize there was a maintainers thread!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning---TGIF!!

Hi Izzysdream! Please join us! Most people who have popped in are maintainers.....myself, I was pretty much maintaining for several years then went a bit out of control about a year ago and I'm just trying to find my way again.

Kathy---how was your run? Talk about dedication---9 miles in the cold and drizzle and not feeling so hot?!

I have tried 2 different kinds of coconut flour, both with bad results. I think this is just 1 more thing that the Blood Type book is right about---coconut is an Avoid food for me. Coconut oil has never given me a stomach ache but it has also never aided in weight loss (actually it halts weight loss for me) and it doesn't give me energy (although it does give me soft skin ) I do beautifully with coconut palm sugar and syrup---but that doesn't come from the actual coconut so I suspect that's why.

Bummer on the dry pancakes---I know I have read that about coconut flour---it soaks up a lot of liquids so you have to use it in small amounts....but then you need enough to give the 'floury' texture----so it definitely seems like a tricky one to work with.

momov---lol, you must be a pb lover like me! Yes, if I can manage to keep it to once in awhile I'll be OK. Hope you are having a fun week with the boys!

Another stress bomb at work today, however yesterday was relatively stress free so I guess I just have to take the good with the bad...or the bad with the good, or whatever! Looking forward to the weekend although I will spend the better part of tomorrow here (at the office) trying to get things caught up. I should just take my lap top home however then I procastinate and it ruins my weekend so if I just come on Sat morning and get a bunch done then I can enjoy the rest of my weekend, at least that's the plan!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Izzysdream! Please join us! Most people who have popped in are maintainers.....myself, I was pretty much maintaining for several years then went a bit out of control about a year ago and I'm just trying to find my way again.
Ditto what Teresa said!

Teresa~ I guess I am not as dedicated as you thought.....I never ended up running. I thought it looked like there was going to be a break in the weather for awhile but it never happened. It really sucks because I was all ready for it mentally. I went to the gym for a 1hr class this morning because my friend that I haven't seen in a couple weeks was actually going to be there. I am going to do my run this afternoon. It is beautiful out. I'm sure I will be tired tonight, I usually don't run on the days I do "bootcamp" class.

Sorry you are still having bad days at work, TGIF! I am hoping that we are able to finish my MIL's house this weekend. I am tired of going over there in the evenings, by the time Scott gets home from work and we get over the (only 2miles) we only have about 1 1/2 hrs to work until it gets dark. Let's just say we will be glad when it's done.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, 9 mile run done. I am still alive.. Lol
My eating was surprisingly good last night, I figured I would be wanting to eat everything in sight.

Any big plans for the weekend? Brooke has cheerleading practice & we have siding. I would like to do a little shopping tonight

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! I really thought I came here yesterday morning while I was at work ....but if I did I guess I didn't have anything that important to say anyway!

Kathy---yay on the 9 miles! I am just amazed at all the working out that you do---that's awesome!

So are you done with the siding yet? I'm sure that will be a big relief when it's over! No big plans this weekend---at the office most of the day yesterday but at least I feel like I got something accomplished so maybe this week won't be so stressful.

Today I am going to run to the grocery store and then get to food prep/cooking for the week. No clue yet what to make---except I want chili----but other than that and maybe roasted veggies not sure what else sounds good. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there! Oh---and I need to get caught up on dishes and laundry---joy joy.

Found the evil M&M's the other day, but way too expensive so I'll wait for some kind of sale before trying them out.