Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
question for those of who are maintaining

When if at all did you tweak things if you seemed to be maintaining before you reached your goal weight? I know it said that 6 weeks it considered a true stall, but that seems an excessive amount of time to me.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
As I was losing, I got to the point where I stopped losing. I keyed my food into a tracker for a week to see where and how the food was breaking down. How many fats, proteins and carbs. How much fiber and sodium. And for the next week I only changed one thing to see if I could tolerate something like white fish instead of hamburg patty OR low fat greek yogurt instead of whole milk greek yogurt. Just one thing. Red meat vs fish was the first item. Then whole fat to low fat, still keeping my veggies and one fruit in the mornng because I didn't want to part with them. I kept tracking this for a month to two. This lowered my overall calories and jump started the weight loss. I still ate just as much food, just different kinds. I was just as satisfied and the changes were nice for a change. I still had bacon occasionally (two lbs a month) spread out the time with an egg & cheese. I was weighng portions to see how much I was eating just like I always had. It did the trick and I started losing again, nothing fast but it adds up over time. Today I am in maintenance range of 148-152 lbs. I weighed this morning and am 149 lbs. i stopped trying to lose more weight about 3 months ago by adding back in the whole milk greek yogurt and red meat. I still contiued losing 1 lb a month. I keep waiting now for the weight to stabilize but may have to add additional food this month or next. It won't be much, perhaps an extra ounce of meat or fish or maybe a second fruit. It is called a luxury problem. I reached the weight of 154 in 2006 and was on maintenance but experienced a creep of weight gain over time until I binged in 2011 and couldn't get back on program for 7 weeks. Gained 32 lbs in 7 weeks. So today I am more cautious.

Maintenance is a bit more tricky, but a learning process, as is weight loss. Best wishes.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Jeanie, it's six weeks with no weight or inches lost.

I've gone about three months at basically the same weight, but I was losing inches the whole time, so I did not change anything. During that time, I went down over a size, and eventually, the scale caught up with my body's losses and started going down again. I knew I was losing fat, but holding onto water. It happens sometimes.

If I had started tweaking things during that time, I wouldn't know what had done the job. Because I stayed the course, I kept losing fat doing what I was doing originally, and didn't need to become more draconian with my plan. If you tweak constantly, you won't know whether you're losing because of that, or because your body caught up and released water weight.

Patience, grasshopper.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote