Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Maintain Lane
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
My beloved B cups went down to a barely there size A cup Definitely wish I could shift some of my flabby thigh fat to my chest lol!
I still can't really wear any cute dresses because I still need an 8P to accommodate the upper half, but in pants or skirts I need a 4P so dresses just don't work. I'm taking all tankinis to Florida. I was able to buy the tops and bottoms separately so no baggy butt syndrome. I have one full piece that I really like, but DW said I will have to wear swim shorts since the butt is so big you can see in
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

I need some suggestions for maintenance. I love what I've been doing which is fixed DDs MWF. The last 2 weeks on Fridays I fasted till dinner and then ate whatever. The thing is I often fast till Dinner on UDs just 'cause that's how I eat. Since calling goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8 I've gone down to 123.9. I'm not complaining and a few pounds more would probably be OK, but at that point I will really need to put the breaks on. I'm doing great with the sleepwalk eating and no doubt that is why my maintenance is a breeze. I was afraid of 5:2 thinking I would gain, but now I'm thinking that may be the way to go after my trip to Florida on 4/8-4/12.

My mother who is very "appearance oriented" said enough is enough on Friday when I saw her. She thought I looked great, but seriously didn't want me losing anymore. If you knew her you would know this is huge!!!!!!

I was thinking of Fast5 7 days a week, but I love juddd and don't want to lose my NSVs. I wonder if Fast5 would help me keep my NSVs.

I'd love to hear from my maintaining buddds- Thanks!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #93
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I need some suggestions for maintenance. I love what I've been doing which is fixed DDs MWF. The last 2 weeks on Fridays I fasted till dinner and then ate whatever. The thing is I often fast till Dinner on UDs just 'cause that's how I eat. Since calling goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8 I've gone down to 123.9. I'm not complaining and a few pounds more would probably be OK, but at that point I will really need to put the breaks on. I'm doing great with the sleepwalk eating and no doubt that is why my maintenance is a breeze. I was afraid of 5:2 thinking I would gain, but now I'm thinking that may be the way to go after my trip to Florida on 4/8-4/12.

My mother who is very "appearance oriented" said enough is enough on Friday when I saw her. She thought I looked great, but seriously didn't want me losing anymore. If you knew her you would know this is huge!!!!!!

I was thinking of Fast5 7 days a week, but I love juddd and don't want to lose my NSVs. I wonder if Fast5 would help me keep my NSVs.

I'd love to hear from my maintaining buddds- Thanks!
I had a similar conversation with my mil today. She's been one of my biggest cheerleaders but she hinted heavily that it was time for me to be done. I still want to lose a couple more pounds to give myself a cushion, but I didn't tell her that lol. I did start the transition to 5:2 this weekend and will see how that goes. I also played around with the 8 hour IF window when I was on my maintenance break and enjoyed it, but it gives a lot of freedom, more than I was comfortable with. With JUDDD and 5:2, the dds are a built in safety net kwim? Maybe you could try 5:2 for a couple weeks and see how it feels and then do a couple weeks of a fasting window, and then compare the two experiences and see what's the best fit?

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-17-2013 at 02:42 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I will do a trial with 5:2 and if I'm still losing with that I'm sure I won't lose with Fast5 everyday, but every now and then I want something early in the day, but I guess sine I'm in maintenance it wouldn't matter if now and then I had a longer window. I don't want to lose my NSVs though. Wonder if Fast5 would reduce my SIRTs.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Carly -first off, if you are still losing without trying and you are satisfied with your food, I wouldn't worry about it - your body will settle at the right weight for your frame. That being said, what about 6:1 or some kind of combo?

For the last 3-4 weeks I have done one DD on Mondays (often up to 800 cals, so not too strict) and the other days I am going for an 8 hours eating window - 4 UD and the other two I vary eating 1, 2 or 3 meals depending on activity/schedule. My mini goal was 145 and now I am down to 142 - I hope to keep going to at least under 140, but if it is slow or doesn't happen, no worries. I hope you find what's right for you!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #96
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
Carly -first off, if you are still losing without trying and you are satisfied with your food, I wouldn't worry about it - your body will settle at the right weight for your frame. That being said, what about 6:1 or some kind of combo?

For the last 3-4 weeks I have done one DD on Mondays (often up to 800 cals, so not too strict) and the other days I am going for an 8 hours eating window - 4 UD and the other two I vary eating 1, 2 or 3 meals depending on activity/schedule. My mini goal was 145 and now I am down to 142 - I hope to keep going to at least under 140, but if it is slow or doesn't happen, no worries. I hope you find what's right for you!
Keep us updated on how this works for you! That's the great thing about IF plans- we can tweak them, combine them etc, and find what's the best fit for us. I love having the freedom to do that
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm leaning more and more toward doing 5:2 when I get back from Florida. First of all I am fa fa fa freezing or ch ch ch chilly All.The.Time. I can't take it. I was really scared I'd gain on 5:2, but I was expecting to totally halt losses with fixed MWF DDs with no counting or tracking the other 4 days. I've lost just over 2 pounds since 3/1, which isn't staggering loss, but I'm ready to just maintain and I'm getting a lot of comments like "you're just wasting away" and that's not the look I'm going for. I like M and W DDs and since sometimes stuff comes up on Friday I'll just stick with those as DDs. I'll probably stick with my current plan till after my vacation. I'm sure my trip will bring on a few pounds. So if I lose another 2 before then I'll just come home at the weight I want to be.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/147/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm leaning more and more toward doing 5:2 when I get back from Florida. First of all I am fa fa fa freezing or ch ch ch chilly All.The.Time. I can't take it. I was really scared I'd gain on 5:2, but I was expecting to totally halt losses with fixed MWF DDs with no counting or tracking the other 4 days. I've lost just over 2 pounds since 3/1, which isn't staggering loss, but I'm ready to just maintain and I'm getting a lot of comments like "you're just wasting away" and that's not the look I'm going for. I like M and W DDs and since sometimes stuff comes up on Friday I'll just stick with those as DDs. I'll probably stick with my current plan till after my vacation. I'm sure my trip will bring on a few pounds. So if I lose another 2 before then I'll just come home at the weight I want to be.
Sounds like a great plan Carly. I think I am falling into this pattern as well. Some weeks 2 DD's and some weeks 3. Have a great trip to Florida! I think with the Pterostilbene I still have the benefits of the fasting.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Sounds like a great plan Carly. I think I am falling into this pattern as well. Some weeks 2 DD's and some weeks 3. Have a great trip to Florida! I think with the Pterostilbene I still have the benefits of the fasting.
That is good to know. I suspect that is what I will do too, 2 DD some weeks, 3 some weeks. Next week with Passover I think it will end up being 2 DDs and last week I just had 2 DDs, so I'm sort of doing that by default.