Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/147.4/135
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2014
Hi Sara, thanks for the heads up on the weight tracker app. I've downloaded it and started tracking yesterday!

I got up and exercised this morning. I love it that it's become part of my daily routine to just get up and ride my exercise bike before work. I never thought this would be something I would embrace and enjoy, but I think it's going to be an important part of my long term maintenance so I'm glad to be establishing a good pattern now.

Had a small bag of pistachios and a piece of string cheese for "breakfast" at 10:30. I sure do love how portable and yummy my food is right now!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Hi Sara, thanks for the heads up on the weight tracker app. I've downloaded it and started tracking yesterday!

I got up and exercised this morning. I love it that it's become part of my daily routine to just get up and ride my exercise bike before work. I never thought this would be something I would embrace and enjoy, but I think it's going to be an important part of my long term maintenance so I'm glad to be establishing a good pattern now.

Had a small bag of pistachios and a piece of string cheese for "breakfast" at 10:30. I sure do love how portable and yummy my food is right now!
Great job on the exercise
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm not sure what I will do this weekend. Tomorrow is my scheduled UD. Don't know what I'll do Sunday.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #34
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I'm not sure what I will do this weekend. Tomorrow is my scheduled UD. Don't know what I'll do Sunday.
Well, i'm having a food free for all this weekend but i don't recommend that as a good way to stay in maintenance
Old 02-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Hi everyone. I'm glad to hear it is going well for all of you!

I finally had a good down day yesterday after stuggling for two weeks and the scale is back down to 137

I still weigh everyday and probably will continue to keep the ostrich syndrome away. I love that name. Thanks for the app recomendation, Sara.

Rachel, I love your plan. You are tempting me to try it. Do you buy your nuts pre-packaged or are you portioning them out yourself?
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
The Lean for Life maintenance plan is good for maintaining. I couldn't handle the DD part of JUDDD - lol - low blood sugar issues make a more steady low carb plan better for my body. Low carb worked until menopause... Now I have to track portions and calories and exercise more to stay at goal.
I have that book so I will be digging it out and reading some more. Years ago I lost well on LFL but keep my fat a little higher than suggest since I eat a lot of eggs normally.

My numbers are very near Shari's and I am experimenting with maintenance again. I have stabilized at 142 which is fine althouigh I would like to go a few lower but for now I am happy.

I need tyo start walking every evening and that would help. I have plenty of tapes but walking outside seems to work the best.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #37
Established

Wrapping up my first week on maintenance. While i've maintained 139.5lbs all week doing the 8 hour window, i started feeling uncomfortable with it towards the end of the week. I really like the window idea and will keep doing it, but i'm feeling that i need some structure with it, because i think it would be easy for me to get lazy with it and start gaining. After talking to one of my sisters on Friday i've decided to pair the 8 hour IF idea with WW points plus (my sister has been maintaining with ww for years). I'm not paying for the plan and just downloaded some free apps to my phone. I'm going to just use the points system as a checks and balance to make sure i don't start getting crazy with food. I'm not going to follow it super strict though, just use if as a parameter to work in. Eventually i'll go back to a juddd/5:2 type system, but i just need a break from doing any kind of rotations right now.

I've also decided to try 'protein power' Mondays, which is my catchy way of saying meat and egg fast this week i've started eating a lot of veggies and fruit (going from pretty much not eating any ), and i now seem to always be bloated I'm hoping one veggie/almost carb free day will help with that problem. We'll see how it goes!

Last edited by mom23kids; 02-24-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #38
Established

Happy Monday everyone! Down .5lbs this morning, which was unexpected. My body is not transitioning into maintenance mode very well

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #39

Hello! I am happy to say that I bought a size medium top this weekend, and it looks good. I have been wearing a large for over a year now, so I like it that my size is slowly going down, even if my scale is moving slowly. My size 10 jeans are also getting a little baggy, so I think I'll be buying a pair of size 8 in a few weeks.

I'll be happy to maintain at a size 8/medium. I am pretty much a size 10/large in everything right now, no matter what the brand.

Got up and rode my exercise bike this morning and have my favorite foods at work: apples, peanut butter, nuts, string cheese, greek yogurt and blackberries (no blueberries at the store this week.) I think dinner tonight will be salmon, basmati rice, and asparagus, plus 2 chocolate truffles, of course!

Have a great week!!!
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #40
Established

Quote:
Hello! I am happy to say that I bought a size medium top this weekend, and it looks good. I have been wearing a large for over a year now, so I like it that my size is slowly going down, even if my scale is moving slowly. My size 10 jeans are also getting a little baggy, so I think I'll be buying a pair of size 8 in a few weeks.

I'll be happy to maintain at a size 8/medium. I am pretty much a size 10/large in everything right now, no matter what the brand.

Got up and rode my exercise bike this morning and have my favorite foods at work: apples, peanut butter, nuts, string cheese, greek yogurt and blackberries (no blueberries at the store this week.) I think dinner tonight will be salmon, basmati rice, and asparagus, plus 2 chocolate truffles, of course!

Have a great week!!!
for smaller clothes! Size 8 jeans were also my goal (started at a size 14), but to my surprise i can now wear a size six comfortably make sure to try on some sixes when you hit goal, you never know
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #41

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Maintenance is being very kind to us. WTG everyone!

I was at 161.8 this morning after UD#2 of 3 in a row. Other than the Disneyland bloat from last weekend, I seem to be maintaining very nicely between 161-165. I still get nervous when I hit the higher end of my range though, but then it comes right back down. I've been maintaining for a month now. You'd think I would calm down a bit!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #42
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Maintenance is being very kind to us. WTG everyone!

I was at 161.8 this morning after UD#2 of 3 in a row. Other than the Disneyland bloat from last weekend, I seem to be maintaining very nicely between 161-165. I still get nervous when I hit the higher end of my range though, but then it comes right back down. I've been maintaining for a month now. You'd think I would calm down a bit!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #43
Established

Down another .5 this morning after my protein day yesterday. I'm really happy to see that the bloat i was dealing with totally disappeared, yay! Now i need to figure out how to do an occasional protein day that's higher in calories.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #44

Good morning! I got up and rode my exercise bike today. My daughter has asked if we can start going to the gym a couple of nights a week, so I will add that to my exercise, too. We might go tonight, but it depends on the weather. We had another bad commute this morning due to snow. I'm REALLY ready for winter to be over.

Same exact foods at work today as usual, and we are either doing gluten free mac and cheese and hamburgers for dinner or going out.

Everything is going well here. Starting week 8 of being on a plan! I'm proud that I am continuing to stay on my plan.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #45

163 this morning, but TOM decided to visit today and I've done two days in a row of pretty rigorous exercise. Today's a DD and I'll be interested to see what tomorrow's weigh-in reveals.

Rachel, WTG on keeping to plan. Enjoy the gym. I never in a million years thought I'd be liking going to the gym, but I really do!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #46

Thanks, Dawn!

I was just thinking this morning...over the last 15 years, I have ranged between a size 4 and a size 12. I'm not willing to do what it takes to maintain a size 4 (strict diet/heavy exercise) and I am technically overweight and a little uncomfortable at a size 12 (no diet/no exercise)....I think size 8 will be realistic for me to reach and maintain (IF/gentle exercise), and if I happened to maintain my weight into a size 6, I would be good with it.

And here's a cute story: I just offered two pairs of my size 10 pants (good quality) that are baggy to a friend. Right after I'd made the offer, a different friend walked into my office and offered me her size 8 suits. She is leaving the corporate culture to go to Arizona to work. She's very fashionable, so I'm excited to see if those suits will fit me!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Dawn & Rachel, I wish going to the gym was a "bug" I could catch! But, in my heart, I know it aint' gonna happen! So, I'll cheer you two on & downwards(weight).

I was 144.6 this morning, so I'm happy with that! But, I had a day of stuffing my face from he**! Owell! Tomorrow will be a DD & I'll try to make it very low, too.

Dawn, on another thread you mentioned that Pat used to say to average your weight #'s for a week to see what it is. I'd never heard of that. So, I did & my average for the last week is 145.7! Cool! So far, so good on maintenance. But, not if I keep doing stupid UUAD's!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks, Dawn!

I was just thinking this morning...over the last 15 years, I have ranged between a size 4 and a size 12. I'm not willing to do what it takes to maintain a size 4 (strict diet/heavy exercise) and I am technically overweight and a little uncomfortable at a size 12 (no diet/no exercise)....I think size 8 will be realistic for me to reach and maintain (IF/gentle exercise), and if I happened to maintain my weight into a size 6, I would be good with it.

And here's a cute story: I just offered two pairs of my size 10 pants (good quality) that are baggy to a friend. Right after I'd made the offer, a different friend walked into my office and offered me her size 8 suits. She is leaving the corporate culture to go to Arizona to work. She's very fashionable, so I'm excited to see if those suits will fit me!
BTW, Rachel! You're going to rock those size 8 suits!!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
Dawn & Rachel, I wish going to the gym was a "bug" I could catch! But, in my heart, I know it aint' gonna happen! So, I'll cheer you two on & downwards(weight).

I was 144.6 this morning, so I'm happy with that! But, I had a day of stuffing my face from he**! Owell! Tomorrow will be a DD & I'll try to make it very low, too.

Dawn, on another thread you mentioned that Pat used to say to average your weight #'s for a week to see what it is. I'd never heard of that. So, I did & my average for the last week is 145.7! Cool! So far, so good on maintenance. But, not if I keep doing stupid UUAD's!!
I have a spreadsheet where I put my daily weight, exercise, etc., etc. It's actually quite large, but every Monday, I average my weight for the previous week and plug it in the appropriate column. Then I calculate my Monday to Monday loss as well as my last week's average and this week's average loss (that's confusing isn't it?). Anyway, I compare the two. Sometimes my "average weight loss" is better, and sometimes my "actual" loss is better. I record and accept both, but it's reassuring to see the numbers.

New low today: 160.4

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #50
Established

Quote:
I have a spreadsheet where I put my daily weight, exercise, etc., etc. It's actually quite large, but every Monday, I average my weight for the previous week and plug it in the appropriate column. Then I calculate my Monday to Monday loss as well as my last week's average and this week's average loss (that's confusing isn't it?). Anyway, I compare the two. Sometimes my "average weight loss" is better, and sometimes my "actual" loss is better. I record and accept both, but it's reassuring to see the numbers.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #51
Established

Just got back from my first full physical in years, with a new doctor/office. It went well and I really liked the doctor He checked the moles I was concerned about and he said they all looked normal I also was uber happy to see my weight on their scale-without my boots but with jeans/sweater, my weight was 140.5lbs-not bad for being clothed, having ate breakfast, and a doctor's scale He did give me a lab order to get routine blood work done, which I wanted done anyways, to see what my cholesterol is. I'll go in for that next week.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #52

Thank you, all! We did go to the gym last night, and I liked it! My daughter is 14 and full of energy, and she's been feeling cooped up due to the winter weather. She played sports in the fall, but now she needs a place to channel her energy. She felt much more relaxed last night after we worked out.

I am wearing a fitted Anne Klein size 8 skirt to work today, and it fits great. Funny enough, the suit my friend brought in for me is also an Anne Klein size 8. So, I'm pretty sure I will be able to wear it now, too. Isn't that great?

Scale is not really moving, but that's okay. I'm doing it slow and steady this year. I love how I'm eating and happy that I have the energy to exercise. I checked my BMI today, and I am one pound away from being "normal" weight. That makes me feel good.

I think doing a weekly weight average is good. It can help to compare week to week versus day to day. A weekly average helps take those daily ups and downs into account and helps to see progress, even when it feels like there is none.

Meetings at work today, so I'll see you all later!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #53
Established

Quote:
Thank you, all! We did go to the gym last night, and I liked it! My daughter is 14 and full of energy, and she's been feeling cooped up due to the winter weather. She played sports in the fall, but now she needs a place to channel her energy. She felt much more relaxed last night after we worked out.

I am wearing a fitted Anne Klein size 8 skirt to work today, and it fits great. Funny enough, the suit my friend brought in for me is also an Anne Klein size 8. So, I'm pretty sure I will be able to wear it now, too. Isn't that great?

Scale is not really moving, but that's okay. I'm doing it slow and steady this year. I love how I'm eating and happy that I have the energy to exercise. I checked my BMI today, and I am one pound away from being "normal" weight. That makes me feel good.

I think doing a weekly weight average is good. It can help to compare week to week versus day to day. A weekly average helps take those daily ups and downs into account and helps to see progress, even when it feels like there is none.

Yay for size 8's
Old 02-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
What a great thread with all different ways to maintain using IF - thanks for posting! I am trying to do a combo of 5:2 and/or 8 hour window to stay under 145. It's been hard to get into a routine on anything with lots of shifting to my schedule and I have lots of travel coming up, but trying to focus on one (big) or two (medium) meals per day - I've found that naturally limits the cals even if I let loose on what I am eating (or drinking...). So far so good. Today 143.6 - Hooray!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #55
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
What a great thread with all different ways to maintain using IF - thanks for posting! I am trying to do a combo of 5:2 and/or 8 hour window to stay under 145. It's been hard to get into a routine on anything with lots of shifting to my schedule and I have lots of travel coming up, but trying to focus on one (big) or two (medium) meals per day - I've found that naturally limits the cals even if I let loose on what I am eating (or drinking...). So far so good. Today 143.6 - Hooray!

I'm really enjoying the 8 hour window
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a spreadsheet where I put my daily weight, exercise, etc., etc. It's actually quite large, but every Monday, I average my weight for the previous week plug it in the appropriate column. Then I calculate my Monday to Monday loss as well as my last week's average and this week's average loss (that's confusing isn't it?). Anyway, I compare the two. Sometimes my "average weight loss" is better, and sometimes my "actual" loss is better. I record and accept both, but it's reassuring to see the numbers.

No, it isn't confusing! But, I did go back & read it again to make sure I understand it. It really is a good way to see where you are!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hooray for size 8 skirts!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Just got back from my first full physical in years, with a new doctor/office. It went well and I really liked the doctor He checked the moles I was concerned about and he said they all looked normal I also was uber happy to see my weight on their scale-without my boots but with jeans/sweater, my weight was 140.5lbs-not bad for being clothed, having ate breakfast, and a doctor's scale He did give me a lab order to get routine blood work done, which I wanted done anyways, to see what my cholesterol is. I'll go in for that next week.
Hooray for great physicals & good doctor scales!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
KUTGW!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #60

Another new low today (after an UD): 160.2

I feel well at my current weight, but I'm not going to push to stop losing if my body wants to keep going. At my height, I think the "charts" indicate I can be anywhere between 130 - 170 and be in "optimal" range. My BMI is 23.7, so I have plenty of wiggle room. In my early 20s, I felt really good at 135, but at my age, I think anything from 150 - 165 should be good.

I'm just rambling for no apparent reason.