LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
Hard to maintain

Does anyone else feel like it's almost harder to maintain your goal weight than it was to lose it? I met goal by basically staying in induction all the time. I find that I start gaining if I go over 20g/day. Still at goal, but am getting frustrated that I have to eat so strict to maintain it. How have the rest of you been at adding in carbs?
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Congratulations on meeting your goal and staying there!

Yes, it is hard to maintain. Especially with a small body size like yours. When we were heavier, our bodies used more calories at those higher weights than we need now.

You say that you start gaining if you go over 20 grams of carb a day, and you stayed on Induction until goal. I don't know what types of carbs you've tried so far, or in what amounts. I also don't know if you are feeling burned out and bored with your same old foods, but OWL might be a good way to help you mix it up without regaining. The nice thing about OWL is it's very orderly and allows you to focus on one thing at a time. I don't think introducing higher-carb foods casually and randomly works as well or tells us as much about how we need to eat.

We had some good discussion topics in older threads about carb levels and adding carbs back in. I think some of these would have been from a couple of years ago, so you might have to dig a little, but I know we were talking about this stuff when I was approaching maintenance and I found it helpful. Maybe you would too.
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
It is not really a piece of cake to maintain. You will find that will power and restraint will continue to be your best companions in order to be at the weight you desire.

I have been up and down since reaching my goal in 2001. But I have not gone back to my pre weight since reaching goal. I do believe my highest gain was about 8 pounds. It took me a while to get serious again, but the modified JUDDD plan seems to work fine for me now.

Don't give up.

Last edited by Loretta V; 10-12-2012 at 05:15 AM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote