Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
Hmmm... health central says I have 21.6% body fat and ****** says 21.49, so at least that gives me a roundabout number to compare to, if I lose more fat.
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Hi, maybe I can be of some help. The struggle to acquire you're ideal body, is a long and ardous one. I think that people that make it to the point of where they compete in fitness competitions. (bikini, figure, BB etc.) are in the small population that has never really struggled with diet and weight issues. What I mean by that is they never had to really worry about their weight/diet as they don't really have a struggle with gaining too much body fat. For this reason it is easier for them to get to that level. At least that is my opinion. There are a lot of reasons for that, which I could write an essay on, however knowing the why behind it isn't going to be very helpful.

For people that have had a much more difficult struggle, if they choose to go that route it is going to be a lot harder and a lot longer. I have friends that look at people who have almost perfect bodies and want to be like that. Ie. fitness models and real life PTs. The truth behind it is that it takes a lot of work to get to that level, and the people that got there, were already practically there when they started that journey compared to the rest of us. The analogy is like climbing mount everest. Where the rest of us had to start right at the bottom, the people that we are seeing at the summit, started their climb at base camp three.
If you really want to make that climb I can give you advice, because I am almost at base camp three myself, but it was no easy climb just to get there. I have friends that I wouldn't even have that conversation with because I know how much work it took for me to get there, and it just may not be worth it. If you can be happy with the body you have, that is probably the best thing. However if you really aren't, keep posting in here and I will respond to any questions you have to help you get there.

Last edited by Punkin; 12-29-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote