Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: razberry
WOE: lower carb/low-glycemic w/portion control
Stripes Convenience Store nutrition info?

I'm down 30 pounds, getting kind of bored with food, and really didn't want to prepare anything tonight, so I stopped by our local Stripes gas station that has a really good taco bar with a 1/2 grilled chicken plate. Got me a half chicken & 2 sides of green beans and hubs a spicy chicken fajita plate. Get home, take a bite of the green beans, and they're sweet, like sugary sweet. Started looking for nutrition info for the store which actually the taco part is called Laredo Taco Company. Found other products but no green beans. Guess I better let hubs eat the green beans. Don't know why but super disappointed. This big store opened up right down our street and the chicken and green beans I thought would be our once a week easy meal, especially when I get home late and tired. That is a huge company with stores across the nation, looks like they'd have their nutrition posted. Anyone looked those green beans up before? Just hoping.
[img]3rd goal - get to Onederland by New Years Day!!
Make a lifestyle/eating change forever
Down 30 pounds after starting back July 5th
razberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Well, maybe the beans were not too much of a sugar hit, my blood sugar was 71 when I started eating and now an hour later only 75. I only had a few bites of them, maybe 1/4 cup at most. I'm not diabetic but find that testing with s monitor gives me the best idea of how "carby" my body senses different foods to be. It's also how I found out that my body reacts to some sugar alcohols like they were true sugars and started investigating that issue. This go round I knew better how to low carb for my body and even at 52 I'm losing so much better than I did before. I still hope I find out about those Stripes green beans!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Purple Crayon
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2003
Next time you're in there, ask for the nutrition information on the green beans. They can at least let you look at the package they receive them in. I doubt they are buying fresh green beans and creating their own recipe, so there should be a nutrition label somewhere.
Purple Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks! I just assumed they made them there, but I bet you're right. They have some really great fajita meats, too, that I I'll ask about. I know it seems strange being a had station, but the taco bar they have us right on my way home and the food is fantastic, vert convenient on evenings when I work late, haven't prepared something in advance, and an always so tempted to hit Taco Bell or other fast food that's carby. I over-indulged in their fresh fruit bar over the summer so I'm trying to make up for it now! When I get their nutritional info I'll post for anyone who is interested.