LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scintillady
Stats: 196/196/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/7/14 (again)
Childhood treat/gourmet style

When I was a kid I loved cream cheese and olive sandwiches. Today I got Trader Joe's Olive Tapenade ( 2 g carb, 1 g fiber in 2 Tbsp) and mixed it very liberally with cream cheese on a low carb tortilla (5 g net carb). I don't think I've tasted anything this delicious since I started low carbing. I definitely will have this again. It felt so sinful I almost couldn't believe it was allowed!!
scintillady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
This sounds DELISH, scintillady. Love me some Trader Joes and am going to pick up some of their Tapenade on my soon come trip.

What LC Tortillas do you use? I use the La Tortilla Factory Extra Virgin Oil Traditional. Which is quite a large tortillas for 8 grams of Net carbs.

I often fry these and get them a bit crispy, which would make your idea here more of a quesidia kind of thing. But I think I'm going to try this w/tortillas soft, and roll it. I too love a good cream cheese and olive "sandwich."

You could also add whatever spices you want to the cream cheese. I might throw in some fresh garlic and basil, maybe even a bit of lemmon.

Also, been noticing you posting more often lately, nice to see you back!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scintillady
Stats: 196/196/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/7/14 (again)
yes, I'm firmly back on track since I gave up the alcohol 3 months (or more) ago. Been low carbing for a little over a month now, no cheats at all, and really no temptation, except I miss wine and pizza. haven't had pizza since I gave up the wine either. Just not the same without each other! I use the "skip the sandwich" brand of tortillas. The garden vegetable have only 5 net carbs, but they have a lot of flavors, and most of them have 6-8 carbs each. I almost never eat them, but once in awhile I want something portable for work. I haven't gotten weighed since I started, because I get discouraged if I don't do as well as I think I am, but my clothes fit a lot differently.