LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/233/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
What have I doneeeeeeee!

So, I signed up for Atkins surprise gift, and it came with 3 bars which I refused to eat because I count total carbs not net...plus I think they are the devil. Wellllllll....I have been a bit stuck the last 2 weeks, but appetite still low...

Until tonight. I was working a 10 hr shift, ate an English cucumber, about size of a large pickle, 8 black olives and a Roma tomato chopped up with some blue cheese dressing. I woke up starving about an hr ago.

I ate 2 Atkins bars. Yup...2. An endulge and a stupid "granola" peanut butter thing. Now I'm waiting to start cramping from all the sugar alcohols and just when I finally lost a lb, I'm sure I restarted my stall or gained. THE DEVIL I tell you THE DEVIL!!!! I opened the last bar and threw it in the disposal.

Dear Lord, if you cant make me skinny, please make all my friends fat. Amen.
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Not a big deal - you'll be fine.

2 bars will not make you gain real weight - maybe some water retention, maybe not.

Just continue today, eat clean and consider not getting on the scale for a couple of days if a minor blip will bother you.

One observation - your cucumber salad dinner had no protein and probably very little fat, so that is something to consider going forward, making sure you have enough protein and fat so you don't wake up starving in the middle of the night.

Hang in there, you're doing a good job.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Well, good thing you got rid of that other bar! Prolly won't hurt you in the long run.

But I know how you feel--last night my dinner (coconut chicken) turned out so bad I couldn't eat it and there was nothing else in the house so I ate cashews and drank a glass of white (!) wine to quell my hunger. I thought I'd be ravenous this morning but so far, so good. It wasn't the recipe, it was the chicken. Totally tasteless, rubber chicken. Waaah, and it was a labor intensive dish, too! <sniff>
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote