Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leah81
Stats: 5'9" 350|300|220
Start Date: 2012
LCing, baking & nursing... A hello!

Hi there! So... I'm Leah! I started my low carb journey in June 2012. I was suffering from PCOS and with that infertility (which I had accepted as our one child was ten). I started at 350. I had good months and bad months. By feb 2013 I was down 30 pounds and feeling good. My cycles be and more regular with LCing.

In march I started to feel odd. Imagine our family's surprise to find out that after 8 years of "trying" I was pregnant! (I credit my pregnancy 100% to low carb eating). Due to pregnancy I upped my carb I take. I had to keep a close watch on my blood sugar as it would plummet easily. I started my pregnancy at 312 and ended it at 322. When I had my new daughter I was 295lb.

I'm currently breastfeeding so I held off quite a bit on starting up low carb in earnest. I kicked back into gear as my weight reached 325 last month. I've done a lot of research and feel comfortable nursing my 9 month on while LCing. As of today I'm at 300 even!

I have several goals... My first to hit a solid sub 300 weight. My next is a 10% goal of 392.5.

I LOVE low carb baking! I'm constantly trying new things. So... That's my journey right now! I look forward to getting to know y'all better.
leah81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
!!! Leah!! Is that the miracle baby in your avi? She's a doll!! Sounds like you really have your head in the right place. I'm sure you'll succeed! Besides our own wonderful cooks in the recipe room, check out Maria Emmerich's blog, all day I dream about food (if you love baking, you'll love this!) and lastly, I breathe I'm hungry. Those will inspire you and keep you on track.

Post often and congrats on the loss so far!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/192/160?
WOE: LCHF
Hi, and welcome! Your baby is adorable. Congratulations!
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
I have a low carb "miracle" baby, too. My first was through IVF, 8 years older. It's a wonderful surprise. However, my youngest daughter has PCOS too. At least I know how to help her.

Sounds like you are doing great, I'll just caution you about one thing if you're nursing and that is you may want to watch how much artificial sweetener you're ingesting with the low carb baking. What may be OK for you in artificial sweeteners may not be so great for your baby.

Try to focus your efforts on nutrient dense foods at meals so that you'll become less and less dependent on low carb treats.
Janknitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Iwantlessofme
Stats: Well on my way to fantastic!!
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Every single day, day in day out
Wow, I think your story is just wonderful. A new healthier you to go along with a new healthy baby girl! She is beautiful baby. Congrats!

Mindy
Iwantlessofme is offline   Reply With Quote