LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: floridagirl6
Stats: 200/145.6/130. Restart 160/
WOE: ME/Scarsdale/Low Carb Low Cal
Start Date: Restart 7/21/14
Measured today :(

Well, I'm a week in to my restart and decided to take my measurements. I am an apple for sure! My waist is 39" and my hips are 38.75. Rather disappointing, but at least I know where I stand.
floridagirl6 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
I lose weight first in my waist when I low carb. I'm a definite pear shape. My waist is 43" and I'm a lot heavier than you....but sadly my hips are 57".
FitMommyNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
you know where ya stand. AND YOU are going to lose and change that shape.

it is great you marked the measurements. now you will see them shrink
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Willgirl
Stats: 330/263/195
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2014
A few months from now you will have a new post the says "MEASURED TODAY !!!!!!!!"
Willgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willgirl View Post
A few months from now you will have a new post the says "MEASURED TODAY !!!!!!!!"

I'm glad you measured! You will be, too. Knowing you've lost inches will make you smile in a few weeks, then smile more a few weeks later, and even more the month after that!
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyDillo
Stats: 360/160/197/150 (highest/lowest/current/goal)
Start Date: RnY 7/7/2009 (@320 lbs) LFHC 7/12/2014 (@220 lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
you know where ya stand. AND YOU are going to lose and change that shape.

it is great you marked the measurements. now you will see them shrink
Don't mean to hijack..but do people's overall body shape tend to change when losing a lot of weight? I've always been an apple..and even after losing 200lbs after weight loss surgery I still had the apple shape. My ribcage even seemed to be wider than my hips. Not really a triangle shape since my stomach is wider than my shoulders. Frustrating because I can't wear anywhere near the same dress size as pants size.
AshleyDillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Good info to have. You'll love watching those numbers get smaller!! Ashley, no, I don't think your shape changes. You just become a smaller apple or pear. Weight lifting , might be the only thing that could sculpt you differently, maybe.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:272 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDillo View Post
Don't mean to hijack..but do people's overall body shape tend to change when losing a lot of weight? I've always been an apple..and even after losing 200lbs after weight loss surgery I still had the apple shape. My ribcage even seemed to be wider than my hips. Not really a triangle shape since my stomach is wider than my shoulders. Frustrating because I can't wear anywhere near the same dress size as pants size.
I would lean towards base body shape not changing. How much weight you carry and where it goes on first and where you lose it from first seem to be a confounding issue.

For example, my base shape is hourglass. Even when I was slim it was a nightmare to find things that fit my butt, waist and leg length. Lets not even talk about the bust/arm throw down! When I gained weight early on, it was all over and being tall I could pretend it wasn't happening. Then as the pounds crept on, I started to develop a pear type shape. Fast forward through more denial, stress and health issues and the weight went crazy. That's when I started to thicken around the middle. I think 10-20lbs more and I would have been apple shaped.

Quite the fruit salad overall!

Now that I'm losing, I seem to have lost most of the apple first. Here's hoping to lose some of the pear!
backseatadventurer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Willgirl
Stats: 330/263/195
Start Date: January 2014
Yeah...I think basic body composition is largely genetic. Which I guess is why apples tend to have more health problems related to metabolic syndrome. I thought that was just pseudo science and was sad when I learned it was real science...myself being an apple, lol.
Willgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: floridagirl6
Stats: 200/145.6/130. Restart 160/
WOE: ME/Scarsdale/Low Carb Low Cal
Start Date: Restart 7/21/14
Even when I weighed in the 120's I was still an apple. Well, actually more of a rectangle. I have a short torso and long legs.
floridagirl6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
I've always had an hourglass figure, even at my highest and lowest adult weights.

It seems kind of weird but I have kept that true hourglass shape even while losing. I'm going to be very curvy no matter how small I get.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
I'm an apple, kind of, but my belly doesn't stick out more than my, uh, grapefruits. When I lose I'll be a fruit strip with oranges. I do tend to lose just a bit at the sides of my waist, though.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

My upper body width is mostly due to back fat. My mother is built the same way. I am not sure even plastic surgery would be able to fix it. The stomach deflates, but there is no action on that back fat when I lose..it is pretty solid.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
no, your basic shape won't change, but the inches will decrease around your skeleton

you will be a way smaller apple in reality but that is a wonderful thing to achieve vs. a monster apple I guess.

toning and specific exercise to target areas is what helps 'those bad spots' we all hate on our body. If you attack it correctly I think mostly ANY part of the body will change eventually.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDillo View Post
My upper body width is mostly due to back fat. My mother is built the same way. I am not sure even plastic surgery would be able to fix it. The stomach deflates, but there is no action on that back fat when I lose..it is pretty solid.
Ashley, There must be something about back fat that makes it harder to loose.
My arms, face etc.. have decreased in size as well as the rest of my body in proportion but for some reason my bra band size has not decreased and I've been wondering why because so many have said that they need new bras but not me yet...
Meme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

My boobs deflated and I did go down a lot in band size, but I also dropped 200 pounds so it was bound to happen. No matter who measures, I can't get a bra to stay put because of my back. They all roll up on me. Even the people who measure had no clue what to suggest. Even the larger bands do it. It is the same for me when wearing Spanx or tights. Those roll down or up on me. My back and stomach are too fluid to wear anything compressing. Makes exercising horrible because I can't wear any of the spandex material clothing and have to wear loose fitting shorts and shirts. So my body goes flap flap flap when I run and keeps trying to move even when I stop.