Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wlsrockchick
Stats: 150/150/135
WOE: LC
20lbs to lose & I am feeling a bit confused

I used to be heavy into LC many years ago. Back at it for about 1 week now, and am overwhelmed by the different plans & methods. I have basically just been eating protein & veggies with some oil & butter.
I don't want to eat too much dairy as it triggers me to binge.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should be doing, the scale has actually gone up since I started LC.

Thanks
W
wlsrockchick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
What are you eating now? Protein and veggies with fat sounds good so maybe you are eating too much or too many carbs. I think good old Atkins induction is great for starting a low carb plan. What worked for you before?
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slinky
Stats: 213/198/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/18/14
The kind and quantity of veggies you're eating matter when you're aiming for Ketosis. I agree with Nolcjunk in that you should look at Atkins induction to see what veggies will get you started again. Alternately you could post your meals here and people here will let you know if they see a problem spot.

Best of luck.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobMan
Stats: 429/299.5/287
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 3, 2008 2nd time around 6/3/2014
My opinion only.... I think you could be doing more damage than good not working a plan.

Quick true story... Buddy of mine had started going to WW, thus low cal and lots of fruits/vegs. He and I were both obese and had been for years. I was low carbing. We had both done well with our plans. We are at a picnic eating and he offers me a banana. I am like wow, that would be good, but no thanks. I have a container of bacon and offer same to him. You can imagine, the same response. His mother says why don't the two of you just combine your plans so you can eat what you want. My buddy says to his mom, "doesn't work, that's how we got this way in the first place." There was a lot of truth in his statement.

Whichever plan you choose to follow, I suggest you get the book or material, read it and follow it. I personally have chosen DANDR and follow it. There are many versions of LC plans and what you choose to do is up to you. I just suggest you set a plan to action and then follow that plan. Whenever I start shooting from the hip I not only cease losing, I gain.
RobMan is offline   Reply With Quote