Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   You know you're a low carber when... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/833745-you-know-youre-low-carber-when.html)

Arctic_Mama 06-18-2014 08:34 AM

You know you're a low carber when...

You begin your morning with a preworkout snack of an ounce of almonds and two ounces smoked gouda, washed down with a big glad of water and a little iced tea :shake:

What about everyone else?

baileygirl3 06-18-2014 08:44 AM

When you are at MCD's taking the burger off the bun asking for a fork so you eat it bunless!

mimivac 06-18-2014 08:46 AM

When you scan a whole convenience store full of chips and candy and buy the one dusty package of pistachios.

Aomiel 06-18-2014 09:37 AM

You go to the grocery store and head home without ever going past the vegie and meat department...and having at least one person comment that you must be a low carber (usually the checkout person).

natural_born_texan 06-18-2014 12:08 PM

You're paranoid that the Coke and Diet Coke lines somehow got mixed up at the fountain, and decide you should just play it safe and drink more water....

Wendi-Bell 06-18-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natural_born_texan (Post 16947468)
You're paranoid that the Coke and Diet Coke lines somehow got mixed up at the fountain, and decide you should just play it safe and drink more water....

OMG thats too funny!:rofl:

palegirl 06-18-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natural_born_texan (Post 16947468)

So it's not just me! I love fountain soda, but half the time I get it I panic that the server accidentally gave me non-diet. I often ask a friend to taste my soda to be sure.

And it's always really diet, and I feel like such a spaz.

JanetA 06-18-2014 02:35 PM

You always case out restaurant menus online before you go, so you can be real smooth about ordering the low carb option.

Madmarsha 06-18-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetA (Post 16947639)
You always case out restaurant menus online before you go, so you can be real smooth about ordering the low carb option.

OMG, that's me.

muncheechee 06-18-2014 04:13 PM

You make a special trip to Wal-Mart to see if they have any more sweet-eez on clearance. Walk up and down the aisles until you find it in the oddest place then buy them all.

Jrw85705 06-18-2014 07:05 PM

When you're at a professional hockey game and the guy on your right is eating popcorn and the guy on your left is eating nachos and they're both drinking monster sodas and you're having a chef salad and a $5 bottle of water. That's when you know you are truly a low carb believer.

CurvyAFGirl 06-18-2014 07:11 PM

When you put a pat of butter in your coffee, just to increase your fat.

Jacksie 06-18-2014 07:55 PM

You spend more time at lowcarbfriends than any other website.

ridextreme 06-18-2014 08:12 PM

you order an omelet and then have to say "no potatoes and no toast", the best parts of the meal.

Ntombi 06-18-2014 09:36 PM

When you spend an hour or two inputting the nutrition info for all the good low carb options to many local restaurants into your iPhone app while watching TV.

When you spend a couple of hours in the kitchen separating and freezing all the proceeds from a good meat sale.

When you keep jerky in the car for emergencies.

When you get mad at yourself for forgetting the little serving of cheese nibblers when you're heading to the movies.

When you start worrying because you only have a dozen eggs left.

(And oh man, I did the soda thing the other night. I always taste before I leave the drive-thru, and it just didn't taste right. She graciously poured me a new one. :))

Ntombi 06-18-2014 09:38 PM

Oh, and when yu have sticker shock from the carby foods you buy when you have guests. :stars: Cereal is expensive! :faint:

kay9 06-18-2014 10:04 PM

when you bring in a spare rib for one to a office Mexican theme potluck.

Willgirl 06-18-2014 10:40 PM

When you finally find pork rinds in a grocery store (they aren't common in my parts anymore) and so you take two bags, then the next day go back and buy ALL of them in case they quit selling them.

Also, when you pack bacon in your suitcase every time you travel "just in case"

Avellaneda 06-18-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimivac (Post 16947151)
When you scan a whole convenience store full of chips and candy and buy the one dusty package of pistachios.

This! So many times!

domesticbliss 06-18-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridextreme (Post 16947983)
you order an omelet and then have to say "no potatoes and no toast", the best parts of the meal.

or when you go to Chipotle and get a burrito bowl "no rice, no beans, no corn salsa" and people look confused because they've never just put the meat in the bowl!

KetoWarrior 06-19-2014 01:28 AM

When people ask you how you've lost the weight you get a BIG smile on your face and say "Bacon! Lots and lots of bacon!" :) -- in an attempt to basically bait them into saying "oh that's not healthy" so that you can then retort with an onslaught of science telling them about how "actually, it is!"

Yes, I'm THAT guy! :) (knowing the science behind what you are doing makes you feel powerful, and not "afraid" to tell people you are "doing low carb"!)

snowmop 06-19-2014 05:54 AM

You pick the carrot slivers out of the bagged slaw mix.

clackley 06-19-2014 06:10 AM

Bullet proof coffee is your morning 'meal'.

Gleefully buying the medium ground beef from my grass fed beef supplier at a lower cost than the grocery store (as much as my freezer can hold).

Having 6 dozen eggs and knowing you will go through them long before the have a chance to go bad.

Walking through the bakery without any temptation. At.all.!

Trigger828 06-19-2014 06:43 AM

:hyst: great posts. ALL of the above basically!

when ya order the salad in a nacho bowl, ask for no bowl and get strange looks. yea, just put it in a REAL bowl, not a nacho made food bowl :)

synger 06-19-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimivac (Post 16947151)

So true! :laugh:

Z 06-19-2014 07:13 AM

When you send the diet coke back, because you asked for a coke zero.

synger 06-19-2014 07:15 AM

When planning for a trip, you stock up on nuts and jerky, make Scotch eggs and get a small container of cream for the cooler. And rehearse the explanations you'll have to make to your mother-in-law who will try to press "healthy fruit" on you for breakfast.

(Recently my husband went on a road trip with his parents for a week. He isn't officially low-carb, but he tries to avoid sugars and starches most of the time. He snacked on nuts and Slim Jims. His father, who is diabetic (T2) and on all sorts of medicines, snacked with him. His dad mentioned how great his blood sugar was this trip... before his wife gave him pastry and fruit for breakfast the next day, anyway. *sigh*)

Blue Skies 06-19-2014 07:47 AM

When you look at any food and see the number of carb grams as if it were sitting right there on the food. And when you know the amt of dietary fiber too, you know you've really
got the LC bug.

Meme 06-19-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madmarsha (Post 16947660)
OMG, that's me.

Me too!!
I am always planning around the menu at a restaurant before I go anywhere.

Meme 06-19-2014 08:03 AM

You know that you are low carber when you buy ten packs of bacon because it's on sale for $2.75.