LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aaronk
Stats: 200/165
WOE: Low-no carb
Start Date: July 2013
How to start losing weight again?

Hi! So I started lchf last august and have been incredibly happy with it. I started out at about 200 lbs and bottomed out at about 150 lbs. I feel awesome and am amazed by the results. Nowadays it seems like my weight fluctuates between 150-160. I probably only eat 2 meals a day and my diet consists mainly of nuts, cheese, eggs, and then maybe a steak or chicken breast or some tuna. I'm pretty active in that I'm always moving, but I don't necessarily exercise a lot. For the past few months I haven't really seen any continued results, but I still have a little excess fat I would like to get rid of. (Mostly in my abdomen region) Any suggestions? I guess weighing less isn't as much of a prerogative any more; I really just want to get a little leaner.
aaronk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Ditch the nuts. I don't know how many you are eating but they are a problem if eaten in anything but very small quantities . . . caloric and carbic (if that is a word). Cheese also stalls many people. I eat no nuts. I haven't given up cheese, but I stay under 4 ounces a day. It would be next to go on my list. Why no veggies?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aaronk
Stats: 200/165
WOE: Low-no carb
Start Date: July 2013
I do eat veggies...I'll try and up my servings though....one reason I was eating so many nuts is because I was trying to up my fat intake for ketosis reasons. I also eat at least one avocado everyday.
aaronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Nuts are not the best way to gain fat because you get so many carbs and calories with the fat. I'd suggest fatty cuts of meat or coconut oil, HWC, etc. in your coffee. Or wonderful sauces or butter on your meat or veggies. Olive oil and vinegar on your salads.

Avocados are good but I limit myself to one half a day. One Atkins book say 1/2 small avocado a day, but another says 1 is ok. Well at least during induction, and I keep pretty much to induction-type food selections. I suspect that is less an issue in your stall than nuts.

Opinions may vary. I am at about your weight and have had to swear off all nuts and alcohol. At my age, I have to watch the margins to continue to lose.

Last edited by Patience; 06-10-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I'd start tracking your calories because nuts can rack them up *fast*. I love pork rinds, but have no problem eating a bag which comes in (just looked) at around 800 calories. Add my low carb meals and 'bingo'...weight gain or no loss. Dr. Atkins said, if you're following low carb (and not cheating) and you're not losing weight...start looking at your total fats because they go hand in hand with higher calories...which do count.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
I'd start tracking your calories because nuts can rack them up *fast*. I love pork rinds, but have no problem eating a bag which comes in (just looked) at around 800 calories. Add my low carb meals and 'bingo'...weight gain or no loss. Dr. Atkins said, if you're following low carb (and not cheating) and you're not losing weight...start looking at your total fats because they go hand in hand with higher calories...which do count.

My trick for nuts is to put them in a shot glass very small right, when it's empty your done eating nuts. I also don't eat them everyday just when I have to have some crunch. I also think a fourth of an avacodo is plenty can't quote either book at the moment.

One other thing I know some people do and I have also done in the past is supplement CLA/GLA, this is supposed to help target belly fat. This not really a recommendation, please research it before you start taking any.

Best wishes
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote