Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aimee
Stats: 5' 7'' 238/186/150
WOE: LCHF and 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 01/11/2014
I liked the chocolate cookie dough one. It was delicious.. but I'm one of those people that Quest and Atkins bars stall me... so none for me. Only real food. I'm jealous if you can eat those and still lose weight! So jealous! They are YUMMY!
Aimee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ridextreme
Stats: 6/1/14: lost 48 lbs since thanksgiving 2013
WOE: almost zero carbs, eat 2 meals per day 900 cal/day
Start Date: 11/30/13 day aft thankgiving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
I liked the chocolate cookie dough one. It was delicious.. but I'm one of those people that Quest and Atkins bars stall me... so none for me. Only real food. I'm jealous if you can eat those and still lose weight! So jealous! They are YUMMY!
Exactly!! Same for me. They do stall your losses, especially if they're eaten as a snack in between meals instead of a meal itself. They also cause you to crave for another one.

I also saw the atkins bars at Biglots for 4.50 a box at the end of an isle. they had limited flavors, but I did force myself to walk past them. I was proud of myslef that day
ridextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
GNC has/had the boxes of 12 bars for $24.99 a few days ago, and the single ones were buy 3 get one free and those prices were okay, too. I joined the "club" to get the best price, which is worth it to me because I am often buying protein powders and (especially) Quest bars. I LOVE the coconut cashew and really like several others. I only have had one or two I didn't like (Lemon Pledge flavor lol and also didn't care for the PB&J). The thing about Quest bars - especially this time of year - is if you buy them online they want/require you to have them sent faster than usual and tell you they need to be ice-packed. That adds substantial money to it. I find them expensive to begin with and adding another bunch of money for packing is where I draw the line. Seeing them at GNC at essentially the same price without shipping? Win-Win-Win!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_born_texan View Post
I agree that people tend to really like them or they don't. I have liked ALL of the Quest bar flavors that I've tried, but my absolute favorite is the Double Chocolate Chunk.
This! The double chocolate chunk one, left on the dashboard in my car while I workout...amazing! melting chocolate chips...delicious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbacon View Post
The Coconut Cashew is my favorite! Tastes a lot like a Bit O Honey from my youth. Delicious with no after taste.
I like this one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
The big sell point for Quest is their "clean" ingredients versus most other bars that have a lot of chemical tinkering.
this is why I love them!! They're high in fiber, low in additives, and low in sugar alcohols (if at all)!! Love them!

I can't eat the Atkins bars, they give me intestinal distress and they make me stall or gain. The met Rx bars are too high in calories and high in sugar alcohols too. But the quest bars work great for me! Ymmv...they're not for everyone, but as a tool and an "emergency stash" they're very helpful for me!!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682

Last edited by julieboolie; 06-06-2014 at 12:09 PM..
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

I can't eat the Atkins bars, they give me intestinal distress
this is due to all the sugar alcohol in it which doesn't digest too well .
Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
I have tried them all- the three best flavors are chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, and raspberry white chocolate.

They are also the three flavors that have chunks of chocolate in them. Yum!
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceandiva
Stats: 294/212/180
WOE: Atkins-gluten free
Start Date: May 2008
I east Quest bar because they are gluten free, low carb, and do not have maltitol in them. Atkins does not label their bars for gluten. Sometimes I just need a treat and the chocolate bar hits the spot.
oceandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Starbucks
A bought 5 or 6 different flavors, the only one that stood out was cookies and cream. Love it!
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
what about eating all of my calories once a day, every day (mini-fasts). Would this also slow down metabolism if I ate 800-900 calories at once? thx
Rid, no. Eating that few of calories everyday will still slow your metabolism. Then you won't be able to lose weight. Your body is very efficient at slowing things down if it thinks there is a famine. The point of UD's & DD's is to keep your body guessing and thus releasing fat. If you eat normally one day, it's like whew, okay, we aren't starving so on the next day you go down, it doesn't think there isn't going to be any more food.

I am sure on the JUDDD thread you'll find more info too. Don't sabotage yourself, thinking you can make your weight loss faster.

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2003
Another vote for the peanut butter supreme.

But my favorite way to have them is to cut them into about 20 pieces, freeze them overnight in a little snack bag, and then eat them piece by piece the next morning when I'm on the go.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/225/215?
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
So far I've had the chance to sample these flavors:

1) white chocolate raspberry - hands down, my favorite
2) cookies and cream - I can see the appeal to this one, looks and tastes like someone crushed an Oreo into an energy bar. Good, but I wouldn't buy them often.
3) peanut butter supreme- the desert on the package looks 20x better than the bar itself, but it's not bad.
4) coconut cashew- sounds like something I would LOVE...but someone nailed the description earlier saying it tasted like a "Bit -O-Honey" candy. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Bit-O-Honey. Not bad, but that white chocolate raspberry is hard to beat!
5) chocolate peanut butter - just terrible

Still a little curious about banana nut muffin, vanilla almond crunch, strawberry cheesecake, and maybe apple pie. Based on descriptions of the lemon one, I'll skip it, and any other "chocolate" based flavors.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
I love the Strawberry cheesecake and the peanut butter and jelly one. Did not care for the cookie dough, it seem to have an after taste for me. Also like the chocolate brownie one too.
I have not tried them all yet, but I have bought them.
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
So far I've had the chance to sample these flavors:

1) white chocolate raspberry - hands down, my favorite
2) cookies and cream - I can see the appeal to this one, looks and tastes like someone crushed an Oreo into an energy bar. Good, but I wouldn't buy them often.
3) peanut butter supreme- the desert on the package looks 20x better than the bar itself, but it's not bad.
4) coconut cashew- sounds like something I would LOVE...but someone nailed the description earlier saying it tasted like a "Bit -O-Honey" candy. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Bit-O-Honey. Not bad, but that white chocolate raspberry is hard to beat!
5) chocolate peanut butter - just terrible

Still a little curious about banana nut muffin, vanilla almond crunch, strawberry cheesecake, and maybe apple pie. Based on descriptions of the lemon one, I'll skip it, and any other "chocolate" based flavors.
Too funny how we're all different! I really dislike the Oreo one, and find the cookie dough one too sweet. The double chocolate and choc PB are my favorite-by far! The choc brownie is ok too.Then the coconut and pb supreme. The fruity ones are icky, to me.

Everyone has different tastes, but the ones with chocolate in them are so yummy warmed up-either by the sun, or in the microwave.

Sligh-nice suggestion! I'm gonna try that!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/225/215?
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
Yeah, I'm not a chocolate junkie, I especially dislike unsweetened or dark chocolates. And I really hate fake chocolates! I'm definitely not a woman!
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Just had the chocolate chip cookie dough and I was very surprised. It was great. It had chocolate chunks in it and the texture and taste was just like chocolate chip cookie dough!! If you haven't tasted this one yet, def. check it out.

Also be aware some of the bars (cccd) are 4 net carbs, but others are 9. They vary from flavor to flavor which is something we need to be conscious of.