LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/160/130ish
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb/2014
changing appearence

I am not complaining....but since my loss and the bit of exercise i've been doing....my stomach looks like a VW slugbug

Sure hope it remodels to a more flat, sleek, maybe even wash board in the future
maximumdensity is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/257/200
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Know how you feel. Baby got Back..and front...and sides..and more front lol.

Last edited by kay9; 05-30-2014 at 11:31 AM..
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
Know how you feel. Baby got Back..and front...and sides..and more front lol.
personally I don't worry about back.....I need a mirror to see it so I just don't look

weight loss is one thing looking good nakid is another story that requires what I find to be too much exercise
Old 05-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Exercise and time will get you where you want to be. Fast weight loss is rough on the skin. It can catch up. But slow and steady with weight training is likely to give you the best results.

Still, I'd rather be a bit flabby and thinner, than filled back up!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Julie,
I really hate exercise the endorphins never seem to come to me. It just hurts and makes me sweaty and uncomfortable. Now living in the midwest I am sweaty just sitting.

I know if it felt good or I saw results I'd be more apt to do it..... I really admire those who do, but they must not feel as awful doing it....
Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/158/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumdensity View Post
Julie,
I really hate exercise the endorphins never seem to come to me. It just hurts and makes me sweaty and uncomfortable. Now living in the midwest I am sweaty just sitting.

I know if it felt good or I saw results I'd be more apt to do it..... I really admire those who do, but they must not feel as awful doing it....
I hear this. But I've been really enjoying the exercise of late which is NOT something I've ever said. What keeps me going is the thought of the health benefits. Frankly, the vanity aspect of it is not enough of a motivator to keep going. I always want to be "done". Well, for your health, you're never done till you're dead. Morbid but it kind of keeps me going because I, too, never seem to get the endorphins to kick in.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie,

Look up slow burn, or power of 10 weight training. It's very efficient, and although you're pretty sore the day or 2 afterwards, I've found it works well and I like it a LOT better than mindless cardio.

Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of dieting and exercise...I'd prefer to sit on the sofa and eat! but, low carb and some exercise is not that bad...and both the health benefits and aesthetics of them are nice

Last edited by julieboolie; 05-31-2014 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Look up slow burn, or power of 10 weight training. It's very efficient, and although you're pretty sore the day or 2 afterwards, I've found it works well and I like it a LOT better than mindless cardio.

Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of dieting and exercise...I'd prefer to sit on the sofa and eat! but, low carb and some exercise is not that bad...and both the health benefits and aesthetics of them are nice
Julie,
I will look it up, cuz if you look anything like the picture with your post... you do a whole lot right!

I do hope it won't mean I need new equipment. I have a treadmill, stationary bike, total gym, core ball, some free weights, videos including pilates ones that go with the ball, yoga for dummies, and most recently calenetics.

Madmarsha- what is your current work out?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Still, I'd rather be a bit flabby and thinner, than filled back up!
THIS!! I have the age thing going so skin has lost its elasticity....lower stomach? sigh...over time a little firming up has occurred...I exercise regularly..I did wear spanx for a while...now only when I wear something particularly clingy...I like what I see when I am wearing clothes...my DH still likes what he sees when Im not! I win both ways!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I've found that I love running. Just makes me feel good, but I had to make a little "game" of it different ways to make it interesting. Tho most times just getting lost in my headphones works. I don't have a set schedule but I try to make sure I go 3 times a week. Now I'm mostly trying the HIIT strategy and improving on making it a GOOD 1.5 miles rather than a mediocre, say, 6 miles.

I would do various classes at the gym but found there wasn't one I HAD to go back to and that was overdoing it esp. since I started weightlifting. Classes just aren't my thing. I like solitude.

Which I love also. I go as heavy as possible because boring, endless repetition doesn't work for me (same also with treadmill running. It's soul killing to me. I need pavement). I have worked out with a trainer who changes it up for me and I am still working to figure out the schedule that works best for me with the running (my trainer adds in some cardio warmup and then we do some sprints which I love also) AND still getting used to being "the girl" in the gym (tho there are others. It's really MY hang up). But I want tone so it must be done and it must be done regularly. And I'm 50.

It doesn't look like you really need any new equipment, maximumdensity. I don't have much in the way of free weights, but I really don't think I'll ever max out. I would like a bench, tho.
LDL: 191

Last edited by Madmarsha; 06-02-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Wow Madmarsha,
I never expected you to say running......you go girl!!!!! I will never be a runner. There is a man in my neighborhood that we refer to as the maniac, he is always running. Once I saw him in the store and asked how much he runs a day?? At least 10 miles or he dosen't feel good. More power to you Marsha and may you always stick with it

Julie,
I did look up what you mentioned and like the calentics, there is a lot of truth in how you move. Like TiChi (sp) looks like it is in slow motion to me. I think pole dancing is also a very isometric type of exercise (not that I'll take that up). But I did find myself doing very slow deliberate leg lifts at the counter when I was waiting on something in the kitchen.... I may have to take the pile off the total gym for some more weight training someday soon. I do notice of late that my muscles fatigue quite easily, just from simple yard work my arms were really tired. Ya think I need more conditioning lol.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie,
I will look it up, cuz if you look anything like the picture with your post... you do a whole lot right!

I do hope it won't mean I need new equipment. I have a treadmill, stationary bike, total gym, core ball, some free weights, videos including pilates ones that go with the ball, yoga for dummies, and most recently calenetics.

Madmarsha- what is your current work out?
Thank you! That was my 45th birthday last week . Definitely a work in progress! But at least there's progress to be had .
Sounds like you've got a lot of options...which is great! I like classes b/c they make me do a full hour and warm up and stretch too. But it's not always convenient. Finding what works for us is the key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
THIS!! I have the age thing going so skin has lost its elasticity....lower stomach? sigh...over time a little firming up has occurred...I exercise regularly..I did wear spanx for a while...now only when I wear something particularly clingy...I like what I see when I am wearing clothes...my DH still likes what he sees when Im not! I win both ways!
I need some spanx! I'm not very elastic anymore either . But, better than I was!

Quote:
Wow Madmarsha,
I never expected you to say running......you go girl!!!!! I will never be a runner. There is a man in my neighborhood that we refer to as the maniac, he is always running. Once I saw him in the store and asked how much he runs a day?? At least 10 miles or he dosen't feel good. More power to you Marsha and may you always stick with it

Julie,
I did look up what you mentioned and like the calentics, there is a lot of truth in how you move. Like TiChi (sp) looks like it is in slow motion to me. I think pole dancing is also a very isometric type of exercise (not that I'll take that up). But I did find myself doing very slow deliberate leg lifts at the counter when I was waiting on something in the kitchen.... I may have to take the pile off the total gym for some more weight training someday soon. I do notice of late that my muscles fatigue quite easily, just from simple yard work my arms were really tired. Ya think I need more conditioning lol.
You'll build up more strength over time. Slowing it down for good form is a good take home from slow burn. I like to take bits and pieces from several approaches to make them my own
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I have never done tai chi, but it looks like a really "zen" thing to do. I don't love yoga but I will go when I can (and when I can REMEMBER to go. I could have gone yesterday but forgot). Since I'm actively in weight loss mode ... or trying to be ... I am doing different things to try and "maximize" that effort. If I was just running sort of how I WANT to run, I'd be doing 5-6 miles regularly. Which is plenty. I don't really want to constantly do long distance as I really, really like my knees and my cartilage. I am looking forward to visiting my niece in WY and doing some trail running which I don't do now. I also have only run at sea level, so at elevation, I am not sure how my lungs will do.

Yeah, classes are a full hour but I HAVE left a class early. I know it's rude but I just did not feel good.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

So thanks for the inspiration to all.

Deb,
do they have full body coverage spanx? All my skin is really loose....as of late and no I most definately don't want it filled up again....what is your exercise of choice?

I look at DD who is 14 and and long for the days of having skin elastisity....this is something there should be a supplement for!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
So thanks for the inspiration to all.

Deb,
do they have full body coverage spanx? All my skin is really loose....as of late and no I most definately don't want it filled up again....what is your exercise of choice?

I look at DD who is 14 and and long for the days of having skin elastisity....this is something there should be a supplement for!

You can get almost full body spanx...it is much more comfortable than I thought!!

I walk....bike....bowflex.....eh...kinda run/ walk...hike..boulder ( I have to wait until fall to resume-tooo blasted hot here in summer)..almost any outdoor activity Im game for...Im back at the Y...so who knows what will appeal to me this time....I prefer outside..
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

currently too hot for spanx.....between my own personal summers lol and the actual oncoming summer it should inspire me to tone....
teeny tiny baby steps
Old 06-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/233/220
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
I used to love working out and exercise. I think I still do, but have gotten picky in my old age! I joined a gym a few weeks ago, but still don't find the initiative to go often. I used to get that "euphoric" feeling after I worked out. I have yet to feel that. I just feel tired. I like the walking/jogging I do around the lake. I like it a lot more than lifting weights now. But I HATE doing cardio stuff in the gym...treadmill, eliptical, etc. And then I have days where I do work in the yard, and don't go to the gym. I cut a bunch of libs yesterday, mowed the grass, raked etc and after I was done, I was "tired". I still have problems with my energy levels since eating low carb. I did not have these issues when I was fat. I was out of shape, and got winded, but did not suffer from these low energy levels.

Problem is, I KNOW I'm going to HAVE to regularly do it to ever get into a physical form that I will be pleased with. My belly is smaller, and not "firm" like it used to be. Not it bounces a lot when I jog, etc. My arms and shoulders aren't as big as they used to be, and that helps offset the pear shape of my torso! But the mirror isn't cooperating as fast as the scale has been for me.

Last edited by TheBigKahuna; 06-05-2014 at 05:28 AM..
TheBigKahuna is online now   Reply With Quote