Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
FAT ARMS

Not happy with my body today. I am so good about eating healthy, staying fit and trying to be as clean as possible. Still, I look puffy.

I wore a sleeveless shirt and I looked 30times bigger than last year. I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I hope tomorrow is a new day and haven't weighed at all this week. Too freaking scared.

I am not sure if I should cut calories? Maybe it is all the protein and more specifically the CHICKEN i have been eating this week. This happens when I eat alot of chicken and stay away from fish. Does that sound weird? I seem to not be so bloated with fish and grass fed beef. Also, my eggs were not cage free this week and I wonder if that is where the inflammation is coming from.

Gosh.. at this point, maybe I will just stop eating? I know that is not the answer deep down inside but I would like to feel a little better in my body. I am going to have to get clothes that fit me differently.

Breathe...
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Peace, do you have a therapist you can talk to? Because you have indicated in other posts that you have had issues with disordered eating, and this post shows signs of body dysmorphia. A qualified therapist can help you work on these issues. Changing what you eat or how many calories you consume won't. I am very worried that you have indicated you may just stop eating. Please don't do that. Please find a therapist who has expertise with treating disordered eating and/or body dysmorphia. I am very concerned by your post.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 05-29-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. I am fine and a bit frustrated but it will pass.

Take care.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NewYorkGiants32
I would also have to agree with a therapist.

I am no stranger to eating disorders, and I really feel this is where you are at. If you are interested, I have some links that may help you, but you have to "want" the help and realize you "need" the help.
NewYorkGiants32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
We all have those days where we feel that we don't look as good (or heavier) even though nothing really has changed on the scale. At least not enough to make you feel bloated or that you think you look a lot bigger then you were a day or two before. It is probably in your head but again, we all have those days.

I am sure you don't really mean you should just stop eating because that will cause your body's metabolism to slow down to a crawl and you won't lose weight that way ... Then your body will start shutting down the things it doesn't need to survive and you will start losing hair, muscle and have other medical problems as well.. I am sure you already know that is not the answer... By looking at your stats, you are at or very close to goal weight (depending on how tall you are).

I do have a few suggestions for you. You may have water weight gain. If you feel bloated, cut down on your salt and make sure you up your water intake. If you are drinking soda, maybe either give that up or greatly cut down on that because that can also cause bloating.

Exercise!! At this point, all you really need to do is add in exercise. This will help tone up your body as you probably don't need to lose weight.. As far as your arms, do some arm exercises with handweights.. Tricep kickbacks are the best thing to do.. It helps you get the curve definition in your arms and it makes them look more attractive. I was doing those and I can really see it working!! Do a search on YouTube.. there are a lot of videos showing how to do those and other arm exercises. I swear if you work your arms with lighter weights you will see them tone up in no time. Make sure you use lighter weights.. more reps.

You can also do:

Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls
Tricep Dips (with a chair)
Tricep Extentions
Arm Circles
Shoulder Presses
Diagonal Raises
Shoulder shrugs or rolls (with weights)

All of those exercises are great for slimming your arms and are extremely easy! They don't take a lot of time out of your day, and in no time at all, you'll start seeing results. It's not too late to start now, so you can have toned, pretty arms for summer.

I hope this helps!!!

Take care!

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:10 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
according to your stats, you have 5 lbs to lose. It's not possible for your arms to have increased to 30 times the size they were from last year due to a 5 lb weight gain.

it seems that there is something going on with you that may be beyond the abilities of many of us to help. I don't mean diet wise, and whether you are eating too many veggies or too much chicken. I think for some of us, the issues are not physiological.
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 AM   #7

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Not happy with my body today. I am so good about eating healthy, staying fit and trying to be as clean as possible. Still, I look puffy.

I wore a sleeveless shirt and I looked 30times bigger than last year. I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I hope tomorrow is a new day and haven't weighed at all this week. Too freaking scared.

I am not sure if I should cut calories? Maybe it is all the protein and more specifically the CHICKEN i have been eating this week. This happens when I eat alot of chicken and stay away from fish. Does that sound weird? I seem to not be so bloated with fish and grass fed beef. Also, my eggs were not cage free this week and I wonder if that is where the inflammation is coming from.

Gosh.. at this point, maybe I will just stop eating? I know that is not the answer deep down inside but I would like to feel a little better in my body. I am going to have to get clothes that fit me differently.

Breathe...
How tall are you? Just curious.
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:04 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/169/160? , 5'7" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK-Stillmans-Atkins
I agree with the therapist recommendation. You post on several forums and on every one you seem to pick on yourself and seem to obsess about anything you eat. You need to really look inside yourself and maybe a therapist can help that. Best of luck.
3fatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
workout on your arms like Cheri said. many easy exercises done repeatedly will help tone. toning means more trim arms obviously. I have fat upper arms and hate them also

I said I would stop eating many times. It is just something I say. I can go 1-2 days without eating then whammo, back to food I go. but I want more and more food when I do that. you know, gotta make up for the days I didn't eat....so don't bother with that.

stop picking yourself apart too much. I do that also and eventually I came to the realization NO ONE will be perfect. Heck even models get photoshopped every person has oddities or things they don't like. Just target that area and work on it and realize no one will ever be perfect. at 52, no body perfection is in my goals anymore.

be easier on yourself and while it is good to focus on your health, don't go overboard on the body. how it functions on the inside is more important than the outside covering!!
Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SuzanneM
Stats: 155/127/125
WOE: LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Thanks. I am fine and a bit frustrated but it will pass.

Take care.
Peace, I don't think you are fine
I know we all see, just a glimpse of your life and what you choose to post on the boards, but I don't think that any combination of foods or other people's suggestions is going to fix what's inherently wrong

You are having very strong body sensations/reactions in relation to foods, that I think are psychological - I echo what people are saying and strongly encourage to seek some outside help, you are at a University and know there should be some good resources around you.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
Start Date: which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneM View Post
Peace, I don't think you are fine
I know we all see, just a glimpse of your life and what you choose to post on the boards, but I don't think that any combination of foods or other people's suggestions is going to fix what's inherently wrong

You are having very strong body sensations/reactions in relation to foods, that I think are psychological - I echo what people are saying and strongly encourage to seek some outside help, you are at a University and know there should be some good resources around you.

Honey, I agree with this. I hope you take the advice given in the spirt it's intended. We all would like to help, but I'm not sure we are.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
We all have those days where we feel that we don't look as good (or heavier) even though nothing really has changed on the scale. At least not enough to make you feel bloated or that you think you look a lot bigger then you were a day or two before. It is probably in your head but again, we all have those days.

I am sure you don't really mean you should just stop eating because that will cause your body's metabolism to slow down to a crawl and you won't lose weight that way ... Then your body will start shutting down the things it doesn't need to survive and you will start losing hair, muscle and have other medical problems as well.. I am sure you already know that is not the answer... By looking at your stats, you are at or very close to goal weight (depending on how tall you are).

I do have a few suggestions for you. You may have water weight gain. If you feel bloated, cut down on your salt and make sure you up your water intake. If you are drinking soda, maybe either give that up or greatly cut down on that because that can also cause bloating.

Exercise!! At this point, all you really need to do is add in exercise. This will help tone up your body as you probably don't need to lose weight.. As far as your arms, do some arm exercises with handweights.. Tricep kickbacks are the best thing to do.. It helps you get the curve definition in your arms and it makes them look more attractive. I was doing those and I can really see it working!! Do a search on YouTube.. there are a lot of videos showing how to do those and other arm exercises. I swear if you work your arms with lighter weights you will see them tone up in no time. Make sure you use lighter weights.. more reps.

You can also do:

Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls
Tricep Dips (with a chair)
Tricep Extentions
Arm Circles
Shoulder Presses
Diagonal Raises
Shoulder shrugs or rolls (with weights)

All of those exercises are great for slimming your arms and are extremely easy! They don't take a lot of time out of your day, and in no time at all, you'll start seeing results. It's not too late to start now, so you can have toned, pretty arms for summer.

I hope this helps!!!

Take care!

Of course it helps.
I really appreciate that you did not label or judge me, it is very supportive as I move forward to being healthy.

Glad I am not alone on my journey, and you get it.

Thank you.

Best of luck to you.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
workout on your arms like Cheri said. many easy exercises done repeatedly will help tone. toning means more trim arms obviously. I have fat upper arms and hate them also

I said I would stop eating many times. It is just something I say. I can go 1-2 days without eating then whammo, back to food I go. but I want more and more food when I do that. you know, gotta make up for the days I didn't eat....so don't bother with that.

stop picking yourself apart too much. I do that also and eventually I came to the realization NO ONE will be perfect. Heck even models get photoshopped every person has oddities or things they don't like. Just target that area and work on it and realize no one will ever be perfect. at 52, no body perfection is in my goals anymore.

be easier on yourself and while it is good to focus on your health, don't go overboard on the body. how it functions on the inside is more important than the outside covering!!

Thanks for understanding.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Peace, do you have a therapist you can talk to? Because you have indicated in other posts that you have had issues with disordered eating, and this post shows signs of body dysmorphia. A qualified therapist can help you work on these issues. Changing what you eat or how many calories you consume won't. I am very worried that you have indicated you may just stop eating. Please don't do that. Please find a therapist who has expertise with treating disordered eating and/or body dysmorphia. I am very concerned by your post.
I agree
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/185.4/135
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
sometimes support comes in the form of hearing what we need to hear. not always what we want to hear. those suggesting a therapist aren't judging you. they ARE being supportive. you exhibit some very strong eating disorder signs and many of us here understand and live with eating disorder issues in our own lives and or our loved ones.

I too agree, you should talk to a therapist, based on your posts in the different boards here. that doesn't mean I think you are terrible, or anything negative. it just means I think you would benefit from some help in this area.

I guess, I was sad that you made the comment about thanking Cheri for being supportive and not judging (not sad you thanked her but sad that you seem to think others that gave you other advice that you may not want to hear, are not being supportive). It's quite the opposite where they are considered. that advice is given because people care and want you to be healthy. not only in body but in mind too. its not about judging, its about caring.

I do know you didn't come out and SAY the other's are not being supportive and accuse them of being judgemental, but when you thanked and made those comments to the couple people that didn't tell you advice you may not care to hear and pretty much have ignored the other advice entirely, it is pretty evident what you think of those giving that advice. at least, that is how it appears.

I do hope you get the help you need. I too want you to be healthy, in mind, body and spirit.

Last edited by stews; 05-30-2014 at 08:35 PM..
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #16

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
sometimes support comes in the form of hearing what we need to hear. not always what we want to hear. those suggesting a therapist aren't judging you. they ARE being supportive. you exhibit some very strong eating disorder signs and many of us here understand and live with eating disorder issues in our own lives and or our loved ones.

I too agree, you should talk to a therapist, based on your posts in the different boards here. that doesn't mean I think you are terrible, or anything negative. it just means I think you would benefit from some help in this area.

I guess, I was sad that you made the comment about thanking Cheri for being supportive and not judging (not sad you thanked her but sad that you seem to think others that gave you other advice that you may not want to hear, are not being supportive). It's quite the opposite where they are considered. that advice is given because people care and want you to be healthy. not only in body but in mind too. its not about judging, its about caring.

I do know you didn't come out and SAY the other's are not being supportive and accuse them of being judgemental, but when you thanked and made those comments to the couple people that didn't tell you advice you may not care to hear and pretty much have ignored the other advice entirely, it is pretty evident what you think of those giving that advice. at least, that is how it appears.

I do hope you get the help you need. I too want you to be healthy, in mind, body and spirit.
Well said
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #17

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
It was great advise. Hope she is listening!
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote