Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Stevia Glycerite? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/831431-stevia-glycerite.html)

islegirl 05-19-2014 09:46 AM

Stevia Glycerite?

Stevia Glycerite?
Hi all. Would you please share your experience with this sweetener - which brand you like best? I want to try it because I've read that it has none of the aftertaste that other Stevia products have. I am drinking "Bulletproof coffee" but am still using honey as I've tried every other sweetener you can think of and don't like any of them. I've got to get off the honey. Thanks very much for your help.

snowangel9 05-19-2014 10:05 AM

I like it. I use it mostly in baking though. It's Now brand. I think netrition carries it too. I haven't tried it in coffee, but don't know why it wouldn't be good. You'd just have to figure out how much to use for your taste.

Have you tried the flavored liquid stevia sweeteners? Now, those I LOVE! Use them every morning in my coffee. I don't notice any aftertaste. They come in a lot of flavors, but my favorite is vanilla cream. You can get those from netrition too. Hope that helps a little!

islegirl 05-19-2014 12:31 PM

snowangel9 - thank you for telling me that you use Now brand. Yes, I've tried the flavored
liquid stevias and so far I didn't care for them. Maybe I should try another flavor. But I just love the flavor of coffee alone (sweetened, though). It's that delicious mix of coffee, thick cream and sweet but I know I have to find a zero to low carb sweetener.

mimivac 05-19-2014 01:09 PM

Try the Whole Foods brand organic Stevia. I can detect an aftertaste in many other Stevia brands, but not that one.

islegirl 05-19-2014 02:33 PM

mimivac - thank you for your input.

Does anyone know which brand Maria Emmerich uses? I've asked about it on her site but haven't got an answer yet.

snowangel9 05-19-2014 05:40 PM

Funny you ask! The first bottle of glycerite I bought was through her amazon store, so it's the Now brand.

islegirl 05-20-2014 06:59 PM

Okay, that's great to know snowangel9. Sorry I didn't get back to thank you 'til now.

Madmarsha 06-10-2014 04:43 PM

So I am trying to switch to Stevia from powdered Splenda and I think it's doable. I have both the powder (Truvia to try it out) and a liquid but not flavored (I will have to add my own vanilla).

I am a little unsure. Is the liquid 0 carbs because it doesn't have the maltodextrin of the powder and that's the benefit of using the liquid? If that's the case, I use the powdered Splenda for coffee, iced tea, and protein shakes so I am hoping to only use the liquid for those things. I feel I am using too much and am letting too many carbs sneak in so I am going to have to retrain my tastebuds to get used to less sweet unless the liquid is 0 carbs. What's everyone else's use of liquid versus powder form?

maximumdensity 06-10-2014 07:27 PM

I use SweetLeaf packets 1 packet = 2tsp. of sugar Ingredients: inulin fiber organic sweetleaf stevia extract. I have used this product for years, sometimes it is too sweet so start small and add to taste.

Dottie 06-11-2014 04:06 AM

The stevia glycerite, to me, is the only one without the licorice aftertaste.

snowangel9 06-11-2014 10:46 AM

For my coffee I use the Sweet Leaf, Sweet Drops. I tend to use more than a 'few' drops. :) But I don't taste any after taste with these flavors.

Marsha, the ingredients are; Purified water, Organic stevia leaf extract, vanilla flavors, vanilla extract. It's supposed to zero calories, zero carbs, but, that's for 5 drops. So, maybe the whole bottle would have some, but I think it would be negligible.

I've also tried the Now brand liquid stevia flavors and those do have an after taste to me. Maybe I'm just using too much?

Madmarsha 06-11-2014 03:09 PM

Gosh, there are so many different options for Stevia. I'll have to look for the Sweet Leaf drops to try.