Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Two year LC anniversary (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/829212-two-year-lc-anniversary.html)

cfine 04-22-2014 10:47 PM

Two year LC anniversary

I started my LC exactly two years ago. Although I have been struggling lately I still wanted to acknowledge this day as a turning point in my life. I am not where I want to be, but I am certainly in a much better place today than I was two years ago. This site has always been a wonderful place to come to for support, encouragement, advice, and great recipes when I get bored. I am hoping that today will inspire me to jump back on the wagon, purge the carbage from my diet, and finish what I started.

leeloo 04-23-2014 12:12 AM

Wow! What a great milestone! Two years is a long time. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Even if you're not yet where you "want to be" you've got to be better off than you were before. Keep on keepin' on! You'l get there if you stick to it. :shake:

clackley 04-23-2014 06:39 AM

Congratulations Cfine!!! And here is to many, many more l/c years!!:clap::):up:

sbarr 04-23-2014 06:40 AM

2 years is a long haul - keep it up!

And I always smile when I see your avatar, with that nose looking straight at me! :laugh: For some reason, I keep thinking insane prairie dog!

grneyedldy 04-23-2014 12:13 PM

That's fantastic. The fact that you have made it to the two year mark despite struggles, shows that this really is a lifestyle for you. Hang in there. You have much to be proud of. :high5:

Blue Skies 04-23-2014 05:45 PM

Cfine---well, just for starters let me say that your recipe for smoked oyster dip is still one of our faves to this day.

Much more importantly, let me say that I've long enjoyed your posts here, always full of warmth and common sense.

Whatever "Carbage" challenges you're having recently, if I had a wand, I'd make them go away for you. But I know you have your own wand, and it's just as simple as getting back on board and keeping on keeping on.

We often need a rest. Sounds like you've had one for a bit, now time to come back and join us and spread the wisdom of your experience. SO good you chose to write a post about when you "took a turn in your life" two years ago.

The good thing about "turns in life" is you can make them whenever you want. Perhaps this post is another turn for the better.

snowangel9 04-23-2014 11:56 PM

Congratulations on two years! Isn't life a struggle sometimes? I've been at this a long time and finally have really just gotten it. You know what and how, now there's just do! You'll find yourself back in the game in no time!!

cfine 04-24-2014 07:47 PM

Thanks for all of your kind words! I ended up with a bad stomach bug yesterday so I'm taking that a day on plan :laugh: I stayed LC today also.

sbarr 04-25-2014 06:30 AM

Good job - staying LC is a way of life! Hope you feel better.