Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
hungry... ...

I've been hungry the last few days. I seem to be thinking of and wanting food, and eating, all day long. I'm really glad I've been able to be out several mornings, but seem to make up for it when I get home. So far I've been eating fat and protein, with few carbs, but the hunger is still there.
I don't know if I ate something that triggered this, or whether it's cyclical or what but it's not fun. They're not full blown cravings yet, and I hope they pass soon.

I bought sunflower seed butter to make bullet proof butter. It has cane sugar in it, as does the almond butter I just got. I had hoped it would be negligible with the addition of the same amount of sweet butter and some coconut oil, but that may be it.

I also had cheese the other day. That's a possibility. I had eliminated all dairy except butteras part of bullet proof fats. I guess I'm not buying mozzarella for pizzas...
Ella5
ella5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Hey Ella, well so far sounds like you're doing good sticking to your plan. Try eliminating the 'butters' and see what happens. It may not have been the cheese. You only ate it once? Are you eating the nut butters every day?

You just might be really sensitive to sugar.. Hang in there. It'll get better.
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
I am with you today on this one. Hang in there... I think it will go away, at least I hope.

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

When I ran out of BPpeanut butter, I didn't make any more till I just bought this. I don't know how long that was, seems like 2 or 3 weeks. During that time I didn't use butter either. Tea w/ coconut oil, cocoa w/ coconut oil and a bit of honey, that's it. Also during that time, no further weight loss or body change.
So, since I was losing with the BPbutters, I thought I'd add them in again, and just got the sunbutter, almond and peanut butters. Made the sun butter because I'd never had it.
First thought was it was sweet! later impression, it was terribly salty. Was going to toss it, but decided to give it another go, a day or two later. Not so bad now, but I won't buy it again, I don't think. Haven't seen any weight loss either, probably a result of the eating.

Yes, the cheese was just once, partly to see if I could tolerate it. I wanted to make a zucchini pizza crust.
Ella5
Old 04-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
ella5, could it be hormonal?

I have long loved the boiled egg strategy. If I am truly hungry, a plain boiled egg sounds wonderful but if not, then I am not really hungry.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jrw85705
Itís so funny to see this thread because I had three days, last week, that I was just starving. Now I have been eating low carb for over three years and one of the greatest things about it is, after induction, Iím never hungry. I havenít changed a single thing in my diet or exercise routine. My blood sugars stayed normal with no sudden increase or decrease.

Normally I have to remember to eat lunch but for those three days I ended up eating about an hour earlier than usual because I couldnít wait. And no small snack, such as a bit of cheese or hard-boiled egg (I tried both fat and protein) would stop it.

After three days of that misery it passed. I canít see any change I made to cause it or cure it. I just had to tough it out. Itís possible I was more keenly aware of being hungry since I really havenít experienced it for the last three years and that made it harder to deal with. I just glad itís over.

Maybe itís just the low carb universe reminding me how good I have it.
Denis Waitley
Jrw85705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
one thing is that sunflower butter is easy to make yourself if you want to make sure that you don't get any with too much sugar/salt. Just mix it up in a food processor or a coffee/nut/seed mill/grinder.

I do know that Sunbutter brand has a no sugar added one now.
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy, I used to eat a lot of eggs. Quitting eggs was one of the first things I did, and don't usually eat them except in recipes anymore, because they seem to cause respiratory problems for me, and I REALLY like being able to breathe. I still need O2 when sleeping or expending effort, but I can often turn the concentrator off when I arise. I think it's more than just the eggs, however. I know the elimination of almost all grains and glutens, sugars, and dairy plays a large part in that.
Yes, it could be hormonal. For me, that hunger you speak of was often satisfied with a dill pickle spear!

Ralph, that's a good point. Since I started this in Dec, I've had only two times that I was hungry, and neither lasted more than a day. I think this is the 4th day, and it seems to be subsiding. I just came back home hungry. I had a 1/2 cup BPtea before I left 4 hours ago. I've just had a spoon of BPbutter, 9 olives, and I'm eying the bacon bits near my right elbow! I need to give the fat time to work.

Crystal, you are speaking of JUST the seeds, not the seeds i n shell, right? Dumb question, but I don't think i've seen pkgs of only naked seeds. I haven't looked for them either.
I'm planning a trip to Costco soon. Do you know if they have them there?
Ella5
Old 04-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Ella- Good for you. Glad you are identifying the issues.

I also stopped eating eggs for some time and saw a difference in my breathing.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Yes just the little inside of the seeds. they are hulled (outer hull/shell removed). Sometimes they are called Sunflower Hearts or Kernals. Hulled Pumpkin Seeds are often called Pepitas (I think it's Spanish word). I'm not sure if they have them at Costco or not. They can often be found in the bulk section or in the health food sections of grocery stores and online. They can either be raw or roasted. Personally I prefer the roasted but it depends on how "natural" one wants to be.

I also mix the sunflower and pumpkin seeds together since they bring slightly different vitamins/minerals to the mix. (Pepitas are a great source of zinc which many are deficient in).

Anyway if you get it in bulk then you can just grind what you need up fresh. easy peasy.

webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote