LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Protein numbers/flat tummy??

So, I finally got some money to buy more food! yay

Anyhow, yesterday and today, I feel like i increased my fat/protein quite a bit. Actually, ALOT

Here is what I ate... not sure if I am overeating?

2 egg whites/broc-10 am- 60 cal- 5 g carbs
grill chicken breast- 1:00- 120 cal, 25 protein, 0 carbs
grill chicken breast with some veggies- ( lc) 5:00--5 grams carbs, 150 cal
Gym- weight class- one hour
groccery store, errands
Home: salad with 2 cans of tuna ( 25 protein) in olive oil, then 2 eggs ( yolk and all)10 protein, 600 calories -and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

And about 10-15 almonds throughout the day.

I had a busy day with school/work.

looking at about 1170 in calories, and I worked out. Does that matter?

This was a HEAVY day for me. What do you guys think?

water- around 4 liters right now.

So-- total: protein-

Today:
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

ooopss-- I forgot to mention that I felt I needed to eat all this food and then finally my tummy was deflated and felt satisfied. Is this typical? I never used to have eat this much to feel full. On the other hand, I wonder if my body is now just getting back to being keto adapted and I am burning more than before.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Look up protein deficiency edema. Going overly low on the protein is very possible, especially if your overall intake is low. I actually find my body runs better on higher protein amounts as well, compared to some recommendations. It's also more satisfying for me.
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Hey Peace! My daughter is finding out the same thing. Eating more is allowing her body to let go of the fat she wants to lose. Have you ever figured your macros for HFLC? There is a thread on the Nutrional Ketosis board called Just the Facts. I used that. Those are the numbers my daughter is using and it's working for her.

She works out a lot too. And as busy as you are, you probably need more fuel.. I think, your day looks pretty good!
snowangel9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi Snow

I did my macros on KetoAnkerl..and I am suppose to eat like 200 g of fat.. holy moly, can't do it. Under 25 g of carbs and 100 protein. Seems like a lot of food for me.. but do my best to make it work.

today- 2 hour workout
3 teaspoons of natural peanut butter- in WF they have a grinder.
a few egg whites/ 1 chick thigh
salad with egg whites and 1 grill chick breast-- Here we go again, I tried to fry up a chicken breast in a pan with olive oil. You guys--- I was so anxious the whole time, I HATE cooking. I need to stop trying this right now. I end up overeating because of anxiety.

I get paid this week and I am going to invest in a small George foreman since I threw my old one away.. it was worn out.

I guess I can't get this right now, but I am making progress. I know hardboil my own eggs and make my own salad ( maybe get a few add on's when I am out). There is something comforting in not eating at home. I think it has to do with my childhood, but it feels "off" to cook for myself.

Anyhow, arctic-- I googled the protein issue and yep, I was definitely undereating before, but cant stress about it. That makes it worse.

I love working out. It makes me happy.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
The fat is absolutely necessary on this diet. Shove the lies society tells you out of your mind. Fat is a necessary metabolic component for good body and brain health and healing. Given your earlier diet, there is a lot of repair your body needs to do and fat will be essential for that.

Start slow by adding whole eggs rather than whites. Add a slice of non-dairy cheese as you suggested in the other thread. Choose fattier cuts of meat, like dark chicken meat with the skin on. Maybe a bit of nice smoked salmon?

If cooking causes you stress, then try some common hands-off techniques. For example, try baking a chicken thigh/leg by drizzling with olive oil and herbs and wrapping in Al foil. Put the packet in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins at 350. You might also find a crockpot a good investment as all you need to do is add the ingredients and let the pot do its thing.
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post

looking at about 1170 in calories, and I worked out. Does that matter?

Today:
I think your stats got a bit mangled in the cut and paste process

Given the amount of exercise that you're doing... you are under eating massively. Even for someone who is sedentary, this little food is potentially lethal.

You mentioned you tried one of the keto calculators? That is what you should be eating to lose without killing yourself.

I don't mean to lecture as I know you probably already know this and that it's very hard but you need to increase your caloric intake. I've lost an aunt and a cousin to eating disorders. I know how very difficult this is and you have my best wishes. Is there a professional who can or is helping you with this? Or is money/insurance a problem?
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Listen. You are so like my daughter you make me wanna shake you! When she saw her macros, she was the very same way! No way can I eat all that Mom! But, then she tried it. Her calories were around 1940, I can't recall her protein or fat right at the moment, but for her too it seemed high. But, my point is it it worked!!!

I know we talked about coconut oil before, can you eat it? Carolyn at all day I dream about food just posted a 'fat bomb' that is like a mounds candy. Could you do that? My daughter ends up putting about four of her fat bombs in her morning shake, that's how she gets them in.

Okay, fine, this instead -

p.s. at your weight and height, maybe you should think about maintenance numbers?

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Snow-- thanks for the support. I am not a fan of coc oil, but I need to do something to get the nutrients in quick and easy. Actually, I am even eating more almond butter and oliveoil than ever before.

I like your daughter!! She gets it. She is soo blessed to have a supportive mom like you! I don't speak to my mother in ages... been forever since I saw her, and my dad passed away when I was young. So, I really value your kind words.

Backseat- definitely not an eating disorder because I am not thinking I am fat overall. Yes, I have "fat" days like everyother woman, but in general, I just struggle with digestion issues -- celiac, gf, low carb... but I appreciate that you are concerned. This forum is helping me to feel more confident about who I am and what foods will help me to be the most productive and HAPPY. Seriously, thank you for the concern about the ED.