Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
MAD

Shoot.. I was doing awsesome all day, just had some eggs for lunch and a snack at 3. I have a big presentation tomorrow, so i had a salad with salmon, egg whites and lots of lettuce, 1/2 cup broc.
Then, I had a teaspoon of coc oil, and 7 mini buckeye pb cups ( actually, I ate the pb out of 4 of them and not the choc). I also had a teasppon of butter and 15 almonds.

I usually dont eat out of emotions. Very mad at myself and trying to move on.

I did do a one hour step class this am, but still.... I guess it is a lesson learned. Do you guys think I did THAT BAD? Can someone remind me it is ok and tomorrow I can start back to under 20 again?? Relax. Breathe. Not the end of the world.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I will drink lots of water. What I did notice was I added salt to my salad and my foods, and seems like this is such a trigger for me to overeat. Well, now I know, get rid of the salt and no more mini pb cups or butter. I bet tomorrow I will feel it when I wake up, or maybe not??
Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Two things that I learned on LCF that I remind myself of in times like these:

1. Weight loss is like a ball bouncing down the stairs- never a straight line.
2. If you are tired of starting over, don't quit. Making mistakes is a way to learn. Plus, I bet 100 bucks that if you are anything like the rest of us on this board, in your past you would have eaten all of those buckeyes- chocolate and all, PLUS way more bad stuff. So congratulate yourself for great improvement in how you dealt with stress tonight!

Gabby
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
That doesn't sound that bad to me. They were minis after all. Just make sure you're super on track tomorrow and don't do any stress eating.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Here's a good quote on sbarr's sig line:
"Don't worry about momentary cheats or stumbles, focus on succeeding in the long run. Always keep your eye on the target and if you stumble, get back up and stay in the race."
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

You guys are so supportive. Thank you. I needed to hear this! I am developing my presenation and all I think about is how I screwed up.. ugh! I feel much better now that I have other people who understand. My friends here would say what is the big deal, but when you are so in tune with your body, it is hard to dismiss when I go off.

Actually, in my past, I would have never even eaten those PB cups... That is ok, though. I am trying to forgive myself for not being perfect and tomorrow is a new day. Plus, I probably had about 900 cal for the whole day and I did work out. I forgot I also had some olive oil on the salad. So, let me add this up with your support.

12- 2 egg whites- 30 cal
3- 2 egg whites. 30, onion and i piece of broc- 50 cal
7- 15 almonds- 140 ?
salmon 4 oz- 150
egg whites- 50
lettuce, broc, onion mix- 50 ? Maybe.
olive oil - 2 teaspoons- 200
coc oil- 1 teaspoon- 120
2 tiny packets of butter- I think they were about a teaspoon each, maybe
7 buckeyes.. who knows! but I maybe I am better to not know???lol

Total: 1000. Hmm... maybe I am not that bad. I also worked out for an hour this am.

I calculated keto my foods last night and I should have 1800 cal, 25 carbs and 230g of fat to maintain. No freakin way is that happening. Today was a heavy day for me and I didnt even reach 1500.

Ok... what do you guys think?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
When I first began low carb, I worried about the communion bread and wine at church.... seriously, I did. But I've learned that, unless you're celiac or have serious health issues that would be impacted, you just have to make good choices consistently and "let go" when you don't. Beating ourselves up does nothing but increase stress. And you know what stress hormones do to our bodies and appetites!

I think you should breathe! You probably need more good food. That could help you when you're stressed. Being terribly busy, stressed, and hungry at the same time is a recipe for disaster!

Many people would disagree with this strategy--and they're not the best food choice, but I keep some sugar free goodies in a bedroom drawer--hidden away. Not that my family would eat them, but so I don't "graze" on them. Right now, I have Werther's and Reese's miniature PB cups. I also get Chocoperfection bars when I run by the health food store and eat them one square at a time. I keep similar items in my desk at work. When everybody else is having a treat at work, or when the craving is bigger than me, I have one. ONE. That doesn't trigger anything for me, the carbs are negligible, and it's not enough to cause tummy distress. I savor it and enjoy it like crazy. lol
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I am starving just looking at your list for today.
Why egg whites and no yolks?
If you are aiming for ketosis, I think you could liberalize your fats a bit.
Might be more satisfying for you.
Not sure if that is the type of feedback you were looking for?
Gabby
Old 03-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I am laughing finally. I needed that. Yes, I am aiming for ketosis...and I dont like yolks... not for fat purposes, but the texture. Its weird, but I never have liked them.

TO be honest, I think I am more upset with the 2 itty bitty teaspooons of butter and the dairy that was in the pb cups cuz I know my tummy doesnt like it or my sinuses.

I probably need more food in general, but hard to do?? I love my protein and veggies but that cant be sustainable for life. You really think I need to add more fat? I cant do butter! lol
Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
I am laughing finally. I needed that. Yes, I am aiming for ketosis...and I dont like yolks... not for fat purposes, but the texture. Its weird, but I never have liked them.

TO be honest, I think I am more upset with the 2 itty bitty teaspooons of butter and the dairy that was in the pb cups cuz I know my tummy doesnt like it or my sinuses.

I probably need more food in general, but hard to do?? I love my protein and veggies but that cant be sustainable for life. You really think I need to add more fat? I cant do butter! lol
Glad you're laughing! Might as well enjoy the ride!

Do you like avocados? They're a terrific source of fat and nutrients. What about using coconut oil in your foods--cook with it or add it to food. How about a few nuts? Olive oil? Cream cheese? Other cheeses? Bacon? Something else you could do--make some fat bombs with coconut oil. Make them with cocoa powder and peanut butter. Kick that buckeye temptation in the hiney!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Hi

Hope this doesnt sound negative! I dont like coc oil at all..everytime I try it, I get a bad reaction, like stomach issues, light fogginess... weird. I do like EVOO.
Nuts- oh boy! I gain on those and then not happy.
Cheese- DAIRY FREE. Kind of freaking out about the butter already from today and serioiusly, it was not even alot, maybe a total of one tablespoon.

I could do almond butter with coc powder. I feel horrible becuase you just gave me a ton of options, but I negated them.. I hope you are not mad! lol

I also am not a fan of avocados-- never liked the taste. So, you see, I am kind of limited but trying to be OPEN as I move through this RIde and enjoy it. Do you understand?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi

Hope this doesnt sound negative! I dont like coc oil at all..everytime I try it, I get a bad reaction, like stomach issues, light fogginess... weird. I do like EVOO.
Nuts- oh boy! I gain on those and then not happy.
Cheese- DAIRY FREE. Kind of freaking out about the butter already from today and serioiusly, it was not even alot, maybe a total of one tablespoon.

I could do almond butter with coc powder. I feel horrible becuase you just gave me a ton of options, but I negated them.. I hope you are not mad! lol

I also am not a fan of avocados-- never liked the taste. So, you see, I am kind of limited but trying to be OPEN as I move through this RIde and enjoy it. Do you understand?
Good grief! I just wrote out a response and it disappeared! So if this comes double, just read one.

Anyhow--of course I understand! And no worries---I reserve my mad for things that are actually worthy of anger!

I remember you mentioned in a past post that you can't do dairy. Didn't mean to rub your nose in that one--sorry! Once you eliminate butter, dairy, nuts, avocados, coconut....well, it just makes it much more difficult, huh?! Have you ever tried building up on the coconut oil starting with a very small amount? Many people have to do that.

What about fatty fish like salmon or tuna? I personally can't stand fish, so that's off my list, but most people seem to like it. I had skin-on chicken tonight that was particularly yummy. You could work in the fat in smaller ways like that as you tiptoe around dietary landmines.

You could always plop a little almond butter on celery for a quick and easy snack.

Your list of no-nos is my list of yeses. Hopefully somebody else will have more ideas.

Good luck!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Your so kind, thank you! I lovvvvvve fish. In fact, I usually eat fish at least once a day, sometimes twice.

Yep! AB might work just to hold me over.

I will try the coc oil slowly... I hear all the benefits of how it helps to burn fat, lose weight and is so good for overall health.
You are right, I need to focus on what works for me Chicken is ok now and then, fish, veggies, oils..

Glad you enjoyed your chicken with skin! Yum
Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
You'll be fine. Just proceed with your very next choice being a good, health promoting one. We don't live in yesterday or tomorrow, only the present - so forget about the rest and plod right on.

I blogged about a bad day last night, and had a perfect day today. We all just do the best we can.
Arctic_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moondogii
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2014
The good thing is there is always tomorrow...I've eaten a whole pan of those dang LC cream cheese white clouds at once
moondogii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
You're fine - get back on track.

You didn't backslide into a blackout binge and wake up with empty three pizza boxes and some strange guy's socks on your floor and your car keys and wallet gone.

Perspective, perspective.

Hang in there - in the overall scheme of things, this is minor. I think you're too hard on yourself.

Gabby - awww, thanks. I actually wrote that 6-7 years ago, and I look at it every day and it still holds true. I think the next line holds true, also. "What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices..."

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Peace, come here! You remind me of my middle daughter. We are all heavy, except her. I guess we are her motivation! Anyway, she wasn't eating enough to get out of bed, let alone exercise like she does. Cross fit etc.. Always doing something. I've been on her for years, to eat more, more protein and fat. Did she listen, no. Kids!

Well recently I did macros for everyone. I figured I was wasting my time with hers. Well, guess what?! She's doing it!! Is it easy, no. But, she lost 3lbs in a week and a half!! She only wanted to lose 12. Her calories went from around 1200-1300, to 1900!

I'd bet you are a lot like her. You don't have a lot to lose, so just be kind to yourself. Fat bombs are a great addition to up the calories and fat. She uses almond butter, butter, coconut oil and chocolate in hers. She has to put four of them in her protein shake to get them down, but she does it. If you made these fat bombs, it would be a little less than a tsp of coconut oil per 'bomb'.

I hope your presentation goes amazing and you can de-stress a little!

..stop thinking of it as "starting over". It's life, we don't get do-overs. You can only move forward from this point. ~~ pepperanne
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afurrything
Stats: 240/177/135 5'3"
Start Date: October 2010
Quote:

Why not? That's what I strive for every day.
afurrything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Snowangel-- you are so awesome. Thank you! I am trying to be kind to myself. I am sure upping calories will be better for me, I just have to focus on it Not as easy as it sounds. However, I know I need food for my brain and def more fat.

I think they liked my presentation) My professor said I come across as warm and genuine to my students which is great because I am a rehab psychologist.

Food-- I will try almond butter, more coc oil, EVOO, but butter doesnt work for me? That is ok, there are other things.

Today, I had a grill chicken breast at 12, 2 broc stalks a few egg whites.

Then... not hungry until 8:00 Pm, no joke. I had fish, egg whites, little chicken, olive oil. I did not eat any veggies, but it took forever for me to fill up. I think I am exhausted mentally and physically at this point. So, time to rest and one great thing is that I def stayed under 20 today which is my goal. I felt much more grounded.

Snow- thanks again for the support. and EVERYONE on this forum!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Afurrything-- You are correct-- I could do this everyday, my only concern is perhaps I need more fat?

I am off to bed soon... thanks)
Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby1 View Post
I am starving just looking at your list for today.
Why egg whites and no yolks?
If you are aiming for ketosis, I think you could liberalize your fats a bit.
Might be more satisfying for you.
Not sure if that is the type of feedback you were looking for?
Gabby
My thoughts too. Eat the whole egg!
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Shoot.. I was doing awsesome all day, just had some eggs for lunch and a snack at 3. I have a big presentation tomorrow, so i had a salad with salmon, egg whites and lots of lettuce, 1/2 cup broc.
Then, I had a teaspoon of coc oil, and 7 mini buckeye pb cups ( actually, I ate the pb out of 4 of them and not the choc). I also had a teasppon of butter and 15 almonds.

I usually dont eat out of emotions. Very mad at myself and trying to move on.

I did do a one hour step class this am, but still.... I guess it is a lesson learned. Do you guys think I did THAT BAD? Can someone remind me it is ok and tomorrow I can start back to under 20 again?? Relax. Breathe. Not the end of the world.
For you and the rest of us:

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

We are not quitters! We fall down, wipe ourselves off and continue...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afurrything
Stats: 240/177/135 5'3"
Start Date: October 2010
Quote:
Afurrything-- You are correct-- I could do this everyday, my only concern is perhaps I need more fat?

I am off to bed soon... thanks)
Yep a little more fat, but I have no ideas from where
afurrything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Have you tried pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds and seedbutters. I use sunflower seed butters (my son is allergic to some nuts so I limit them). The butters tastes pretty similar to pnut butter. Works good on low carb bread (if you eat bread I can't since I'm weak ). Pumpkin seed is great it has a lot of nutrition like zinc which many are deficient in.

Olives also are a pretty good source of healthy fats. I was so happy they were coming out with snack packs for Olives but they didn't last long in the stores. so bummed. But I still keep a small jar at the office.

If you don't really like the texture of egg yolk maybe you can make deviled eggs. My son will not heat hard boiled yolk but loves deviled eggs. You could even have packets of mayo/relish and just bring the hard boiled egg from home. Another trick (from my low fat days) was for scrambled eggs used 3 white to one yolk. or if you separate out the eggs make a custard from the yolks.

Also if you like Deviled Ham or beef (or other small canned meats) pop the top, mix in mayo packets and eat with a spoon or as a dip/spread with veggies., low carb wrap, stuffed in tomato, or in a lettuce wrap/bowl.

Anyway not sure if any of these would work for you but these are some things I do (well except bread/wraps).

webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Crystal

THanks for the suggestions. I do like pumpkin and sunflower seeds... not a fan of deli meat but I am learning to just be patient with myself, right?? I need to do what works best for me while trying new things! First, I def am not sure how much fat I should eat without gaining a ton of weight.. it is a fine balance for me. When I have too much, I gain fast, but when I am low fat, it doesnt work either. DUH! So, keep it moderate.

Eggs--- I cant get past the yolks, but I will try. I could do 2 whites and 1 yolk. Why not try!!

Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:56 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Was thinking about what you could use the yolks for (I can't bring myself to throw them away lol) ... here some other ideas.
you can use them in ice cream base, the custard (which doesn't taste like eggs at all), creme brule (but might be hard since I don't think artfic. sweeteners carmelize but not sure)., chocolate mousse or pots de creme.

sigh. darn now I made myself hungry
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote