Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Out of town NSV (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826577-out-town-nsv.html)

Willgirl 03-26-2014 04:25 PM

Out of town NSV

I just got back from 5 days in Portland for a conference. There were tonnes of meals out with other conference goers, a big night out with an old friend, multi leg plane trips etc and I managed to stay in ketosis the whole time minus a very brief period after a night of Vodka sodas (I was pretty generous with myself with the hard liquor lol). I was really worried about navigating all of the restaurants but I made it. I know I would normally just let things go a bit on a trip like this so it felt like a real victory and I had some amazing food!

On another note, I noticed I was much more able to focus and stay alert during presentations and plenary talks than I was the year before and I know this wasn't because everyone became more interesting! Just wanted to share!!!!

leeloo 03-26-2014 05:40 PM

Awesome! WTG! Good for you for making good choices "out in the world"! :jumpjoy:

Also, your quote below is hilarious :laugh:. No carb coma for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willgirl (Post 16851955)

On another note, I noticed I was much more able to focus and stay alert during presentations and plenary talks than I was the year before and I know this wasn't because everyone became more interesting!

Willgirl 03-26-2014 09:03 PM

Thanks leeloo! I actually had a couple of moments in boring talks when I thought "I could have never handled this in carbs" lol!

JoLynn 03-27-2014 12:37 AM

Congratulations for staying on plan! That is HUGE!
I can so relate to the carb coma. I've noticed that since starting LC I have more energy and need less sleep. Some mornings I wake up earlier than usual and I am mad! LOL! I used to love my sleep!
After your trip it sounds like your have hit your stride-Keep it up!

BubblyRen 03-27-2014 04:50 AM

Hey, that's great! What a champ! Keep up the good work. :D

sbarr 03-27-2014 06:11 AM

Well done - business conferences can be killers.

Willgirl 03-27-2014 11:44 AM

Thanks so much everyone. It is so nice to have such supportive people here! It really helps! A big thing for me was having the courage to "be one of those people" who ask for modifications at restaurants and get the wait staff to double check how things are made.

snowangel9 03-27-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willgirl (Post 16852927)
A big thing for me was having the courage to "be one of those people" who ask for modifications at restaurants and get the wait staff to double check how things are made.

:up: Good job! This ^ is important, you are worth it and, you're paying for it!! Staying on plan while traveling is a wonderful accomplishment!! I know for me, I never drink enough water. Who wants to have to 'go' on a plane?! Not me!! :D

Willgirl 03-27-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16852965)
:up: Good job! This ^ is important, you are worth it and, you're paying for it!! Staying on plan while traveling is a wonderful accomplishment!! I know for me, I never drink enough water. Who wants to have to 'go' on a plane?! Not me!! :D

OMG this is a huge weakness of mine too! I always try for a window seat and I hate having to use the bathroom so I never drink enough! Another huge victory I would like to mention in regards to planes...i flew in a little UA plane for my final leg back to Montreal and I know I have flown in that exact model before and needed a seat belt extender (and not barely needed one but really needed one lol)....this time I didn't! That is some serious inches lost!

sbarr 03-27-2014 01:03 PM

:jumpjoy::sing::cool::hugs:

mimivac 03-27-2014 01:10 PM

And I loved that you still enjoyed yourself and had great food! It's all about deciding how you're going to handle a situation and sticking to it. Great job.

snowangel9 03-27-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willgirl (Post 16852995)
OMG this is a huge weakness of mine too! I always try for a window seat and I hate having to use the bathroom so I never drink enough! Another huge victory I would like to mention in regards to planes...i flew in a little UA plane for my final leg back to Montreal and I know I have flown in that exact model before and needed a seat belt extender (and not barely needed one but really needed one lol)....this time I didn't! That is some serious inches lost!

:laugh: We must be twins! I do the same thing. A little commuter flight I take has three seats across, one by itself by the window and two across the isle! Always want the one by myself! :hyst:

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! That's almost a better reward!!! Awesome!!!! :high5:

Willgirl 03-27-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowangel9 (Post 16853210)
:laugh: We must be twins! I do the same thing. A little commuter flight I take has three seats across, one by itself by the window and two across the isle! Always want the one by myself! :hyst:

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! That's almost a better reward!!! Awesome!!!! :high5:

Hahaha! We ARE twins....My flight had three seats with one by itself...which I always pay extra to pre book!