Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moss11
Like feeling satisfied too much!

Lost my motivation to track, particularly calories. Managed around 6 months of LCHF and lost a stone eating around 1900 calories. No matter what I eat now similar e.g eggs, bacon, cheese, meat veg etc I seem to want about 2200-2300 calories a day before I can settle! Still eating much the same foods but in bigger quantities. Have put about 5 lbs back on.
I love the way I have lost my sweet tooth, but I just can't find the commitment to restrict calories. It scares me to think that if I force myself to restrict I might end up binging and be worse off.
Can I force my mind to comply? Why oh why do we lose motivation?
Moss11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss11 View Post
Lost my motivation to track, particularly calories. Managed around 6 months of LCHF and lost a stone eating around 1900 calories. No matter what I eat now similar e.g eggs, bacon, cheese, meat veg etc I seem to want about 2200-2300 calories a day before I can settle! Still eating much the same foods but in bigger quantities. Have put about 5 lbs back on.
I love the way I have lost my sweet tooth, but I just can't find the commitment to restrict calories. It scares me to think that if I force myself to restrict I might end up binging and be worse off.
Can I force my mind to comply? Why oh why do we lose motivation?
As a binger I SO feel you pain and frustration! I can't count anything or it becomes a slippery slope for me! What I am finding that is working now is an app I got where I take pictures of everything I eat, sharing on a support network with others, and seeing what they are eating with my similar weight and way of eating. This is helping so much because when I "think" I'm hungry I can look over the pictures on the site and see what I have eaten already for the day. If too little then I know I may need more food. If too much then I know it's just boredom or "head hunger" and I find something to do. I seems to make me question my hunger, especially when I can see how little or how much I have already eaten. This is a good thing for me!

The app was free on my phone, too! Nice people and great ideas for food there, also!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leeloo
Stats: 222/186/140
WOE: Atkins/whole foods/KISS
Start Date: 1/15/2014 (this time)
What plan are you following? If you're not on one, my advice would be to pick a plan and follow it to the letter for 2 weeks, then see how you feel. You can do anything for 2 weeks!

And a truly "clean" Atkins induction really gets my appetite under control. More so than just trying to stick to LC foods.

And if that doesn't work, try something else for 2 weeks - you have nothing to lose but your fat . A lot of people do intermittent fasting, for example.

If your way of eating consistently feels unsatisfying, I don't think you'll be able to stick to it. But I think if you are willing to work at it and experiment that you can find a plan that works for you.

Good luck! You can do this!

leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Stats: SW:310 CW:266 GW:130
WOE: LCHF/Keto
I don't like to calorie count either and I hate the feeling of starvation. That said, it's a good idea to have a ballpark figure of how many calories you can consume without maintaining or gaining. Also have you checked how much fat, protein and carbs that are best for you? If I don't eat enough fat, I start trying to fill up with protein or veg which can be more 'costly' than if I'd just had a tablespoon or so of coconut oil.

Another thing I've noticed since I started LCHF, is that I had to relearn all my hunger signals. It really isn't the same as eating a high carb diet and I'm wondering if you may be eating more out of habit. I've also found there is a difference between being satisfied and having a full (or even bloated) stomach.

If you haven't checked your macros, do that but I guess you could try the old trick of drinking a glass or two of water just before you eat, to fill some stomach volume. I also reduce by having one less of something. For example if you're making an omelet, you can start slowly by using one less egg and in a couple of days have less cheese and keep going that way.
backseatadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moss11
Thank you for replies and support:-). Yes binging can be really scary! The process of counting does I think make eating and food too much of a focus!
Just don't think I'm in the right place to follow detailed plan, might be a cop out but think I just need to try and eat clean at the moment. There probably is an element of boredom in my munching, I keep trying different things. Trying much higher fat but will need to cut back on the veg. Did replace my coconut oil today, so that's progress.
Moss11 is offline   Reply With Quote