Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Like feeling satisfied too much! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826512-like-feeling-satisfied-too-much.html)

Moss11 03-25-2014 08:37 AM

Like feeling satisfied too much!

Lost my motivation to track, particularly calories. Managed around 6 months of LCHF and lost a stone eating around 1900 calories. No matter what I eat now similar e.g eggs, bacon, cheese, meat veg etc I seem to want about 2200-2300 calories a day before I can settle! Still eating much the same foods but in bigger quantities. Have put about 5 lbs back on.
I love the way I have lost my sweet tooth, but I just can't find the commitment to restrict calories. It scares me to think that if I force myself to restrict I might end up binging and be worse off:sad:.
Can I force my mind to comply? Why oh why do we lose motivation?:dunno:

Beeb 03-25-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moss11 (Post 16849969)
Lost my motivation to track, particularly calories. Managed around 6 months of LCHF and lost a stone eating around 1900 calories. No matter what I eat now similar e.g eggs, bacon, cheese, meat veg etc I seem to want about 2200-2300 calories a day before I can settle! Still eating much the same foods but in bigger quantities. Have put about 5 lbs back on.
I love the way I have lost my sweet tooth, but I just can't find the commitment to restrict calories. It scares me to think that if I force myself to restrict I might end up binging and be worse off:sad:.
Can I force my mind to comply? Why oh why do we lose motivation?:dunno:

As a binger I SO feel you pain and frustration! I can't count anything or it becomes a slippery slope for me! What I am finding that is working now is an app I got where I take pictures of everything I eat, sharing on a support network with others, and seeing what they are eating with my similar weight and way of eating. This is helping so much because when I "think" I'm hungry I can look over the pictures on the site and see what I have eaten already for the day. If too little then I know I may need more food. If too much then I know it's just boredom or "head hunger" and I find something to do. I seems to make me question my hunger, especially when I can see how little or how much I have already eaten. This is a good thing for me!

The app was free on my phone, too! Nice people and great ideas for food there, also! :up:

leeloo 03-25-2014 09:58 AM

What plan are you following? If you're not on one, my advice would be to pick a plan and follow it to the letter for 2 weeks, then see how you feel. You can do anything for 2 weeks!

And a truly "clean" Atkins induction really gets my appetite under control. More so than just trying to stick to LC foods.

And if that doesn't work, try something else for 2 weeks - you have nothing to lose but your fat :laugh:. A lot of people do intermittent fasting, for example.

If your way of eating consistently feels unsatisfying, I don't think you'll be able to stick to it. But I think if you are willing to work at it and experiment that you can find a plan that works for you.

Good luck! You can do this!

backseatadventurer 03-25-2014 04:57 PM

I don't like to calorie count either and I hate the feeling of starvation. That said, it's a good idea to have a ballpark figure of how many calories you can consume without maintaining or gaining. Also have you checked how much fat, protein and carbs that are best for you? If I don't eat enough fat, I start trying to fill up with protein or veg which can be more 'costly' than if I'd just had a tablespoon or so of coconut oil.

Another thing I've noticed since I started LCHF, is that I had to relearn all my hunger signals. It really isn't the same as eating a high carb diet and I'm wondering if you may be eating more out of habit. I've also found there is a difference between being satisfied and having a full (or even bloated) stomach.

If you haven't checked your macros, do that but I guess you could try the old trick of drinking a glass or two of water just before you eat, to fill some stomach volume. I also reduce by having one less of something. For example if you're making an omelet, you can start slowly by using one less egg and in a couple of days have less cheese and keep going that way.

Moss11 03-26-2014 02:54 PM

Thank you for replies and support:-). Yes binging can be really scary! The process of counting does I think make eating and food too much of a focus!
Just don't think I'm in the right place to follow detailed plan, might be a cop out but think I just need to try and eat clean at the moment. There probably is an element of boredom in my munching, I keep trying different things. Trying much higher fat but will need to cut back on the veg. Did replace my coconut oil today, so that's progress.