LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
Quote:
BringOnTheLard I agree. I know they may not work for some people but they seem to exactly match how on plan I am so for me they are a good guage. They are dark purple when I am really on track, lighter if I am in my upper range of carbs, and quit changing at all if I go totally off plan.
Yeah, it's such a great verification that I'm doing things right. Kinda like a big cheer each time I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Just be aware that ketostix can only info ate the presence of one of the 3 types of me to e bodies that are produced when in ketosis and many people stop spilling g that particular o e once fully adapted.
I'm doing a very strict ketogenic diet, meaning I'm having almost no carbs each day. Because I'm getting close to menopause and having a special house guest this summer, I've been pushing to lose pretty hard and fast. I also find that it's actually easier as I just don't get cravings when I'm really, really low. And I feel I have to stay on a ketogenic diet the rest of my life for long term health reasons.

However I do have one night a week that I splurge, have cocktails, a carby food and a sweet dessert with milk. But I'm back in ketosis by the next afternoon/evening, compared to back in August when I started the diet. Back then it took a couple of days to get back to ketosis, now it's almost immediate. I think though that my carb nights might be preventing me from becoming completely adapted. The stix are so predictable lately though that I rarely use them any more. Maybe once every couple of weeks the day after my carb night just to verify I'm still returning to ketosis quickly.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: niciK
Stats: 312/286/165
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/1/2014 . 100th restart
I was in such deep ketosis today, I got sick . I was driving and feeling horrible, racing heart , dehydrated and speedy feeling. I pulled over and got a salad and felt better right away.
I do not use anything to test , but sometimes you just know. LOL
niciK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by niciK View Post
I was in such deep ketosis today, I got sick . I was driving and feeling horrible, racing heart , dehydrated and speedy feeling. I pulled over and got a salad and felt better right away.
I do not use anything to test , but sometimes you just know. LOL
Yikes, sounds to me like you haven't been eating enough. Or getting enough water either.

For me, being in ketosis, even "deep" ketosis, feels good, unless it's from serious lack of food.

Something like that happened to me a few months ago, I was shopping and found a piece of sugar free gum in my purse. I hadn't used artificial sweeteners for a long while but thought the gum sounded good. In about half hour I felt like I was sick, similar to you with stomach pains and hunger added in. That was the last time I've had any gum and avoid artificial sweeteners all the time now.

Last edited by BringOnTheLard; 04-04-2014 at 07:21 AM..
BringOnTheLard is offline   Reply With Quote