Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Old member of LCF needing help/support (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826493-old-member-lcf-needing-help-support.html)

chassiepooh 03-24-2014 07:34 PM

Old member of LCF needing help/support

Hi guys, I ran across my pics here on google and just cried. Life has given me many test. My police officer brother was ambushed and shot by an ak47 along with 3 of his brothers. They told us his progress was from. 5 hours in surgery and amazingly he pulled thru, my dad was rushed to the hospital the very same day. While my brother spent 4 months in the hospital most of the time in a coma, my dad did too, but my dad passed away. Going through that we also had hurricane Issac and we had to be rescued from rising water. It all hit at once. My health deteriorated. I had extreme panic, PTSD, OCD, you name it. This happened 8/16/2012. Almost 2 years later I'm ready to take care of me bc my lil brother will need a kidney that he lost in the shooting.

I saw my results and how great I looked and cried. I was 18lbs from goal. My husband said don't cry you did it once u can do it again.

So I'm asking for help. I forgot what I did I Atkins and hoping someone can lead me I the right direction so I can grab a hold of my health.

Please, I will be support too.

Thanks
Chassiepooh

Mackenzie 03-24-2014 07:48 PM

Wow!!!!..I don't know how much help and support I can give you but I hope you know that I am ready spiritually to help you..........Please know that so many on this board will be here to help you...........I wish you peace and happiness......

dgidaho 03-24-2014 07:52 PM

Oh my goodness--this brought tears to my eyes! I'm so incredibly sorry for all you have been through. Any one of those events are devastating. But all of them coinciding with one another must have caused unspeakable pain. You must be an amazingly strong woman to have weathered it all as you have! And your husband is right--you did it before and you can do it again. (He sounds very supportive!)

I recommend that you pull out your Atkins book and read it through again. Be gentle with yourself and allow yourself time to adapt to this. You've been through too much stress already. I know you're in a hurry to reclaim your health for your brother's sake as well as your own. You know well that this way of eating will help you feel physically and mentally stronger once you are fully adapted. Just follow the basics and make it as easy on yourself as you can.

Come to the boards often. There are some amazingly knowledgeable and supportive people here. Welcome back! I look forward to cheering on your progress. :)

snowangel9 03-24-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgidaho (Post 16849480)
Oh my goodness--this brought tears to my eyes! I'm so incredibly sorry for all you have been through. Any one of those events are devastating. But all of them coinciding with one another must have caused unspeakable pain. You must be an amazingly strong woman to have weathered it all as you have! And your husband is right--you did it before and you can do it again. (He sounds very supportive!)

I recommend that you pull out your Atkins book and read it through again. Be gentle with yourself and allow yourself time to adapt to this. You've been through too much stress already. I know you're in a hurry to reclaim your health for your brother's sake as well as your own. You know well that this way of eating will help you feel physically and mentally stronger once you are fully adapted. Just follow the basics and make it as easy on yourself as you can.

Come to the boards often. There are some amazingly knowledgeable and supportive people here. Welcome back! I look forward to cheering on your progress. :)

:goodpost: Couldn't have said it better!! We are here for you! :console:

BecBelle 03-24-2014 10:06 PM

Ease yourself in slowly, make small goals and work towards them, whatever eating plan you want to use read the correlating book, don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon. One meal at a time, one day at time, one week at time.

:console::console::console:

JoLynn 03-25-2014 12:13 AM

Wow. You've been through more than most of us could imagine. Glad to see you back and investing in you.

I just started back too and have found that preparing a variety of LC foods at once to have on hand throughout the week helps me. The first week back I went overboard and cooked Chicken, bacon, hamburger patties, egg salad, tuna salad, deviled eggs and hard boiled too. There was always something different to grab and took away all my excuses.

HappyisNow 03-25-2014 05:44 AM

You sure are going through a lot! I've been on this board for 10+ years and I'm returning myself.

I can't speak for the emotional trauma that you are dealing with. But as far as the low carb. Here is my plan for the week, perhaps it will help you too?

I am returning to work tomorrow so I will be doing meal prep today. I havn't really tried to stick to meal prep before but this time I'm going to give it an earnest try. I work 12 hour days and I end up being so obsessed with food and what I'm going to eat that it consumes me. So I'm going to just do my meal prep and hopefully pack food enough for a couple of days and I can try to focus on other things.

Feel free to PM me if you need help.

Dottie 03-25-2014 05:48 AM

Chas big :hugs: and prayers for you and your family.

I was at Academy a couple of weeks ago and they had shrimp boots, and I thought about you because you explained what they were :laugh: That was a loooong time ago!

sbarr 03-25-2014 05:50 AM

Welcome back - sounds like this is just the right time to come here and get back in the swing of things.

Mimosa23 03-25-2014 06:28 AM

Welcome back!

Sending you lots of hugs. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

You can do this, just take it one day at a time, you know how this works!

xxx Chloe.

shelby'snana 03-25-2014 07:18 AM

:aprayer: for you ! Yes, you have had such a hard time. :hugs: like someone said you must be a strong person and that's great that you are ready to take care of yourself. Glad you have a support system in place at home !

I also cook lots of food for my work week. Really helps me stay on track .

Good luck and glad you are back !

AsmallerME 03-25-2014 08:00 AM

Welcome back. It can be tough to refocus on ourselves after so much hardship, but you're doing the best thing to do so.

ness2616 03-25-2014 08:17 AM

So sorry for everything you have been through. I am returning after gaining about half of what I had lost back. I didn't go through everything that you have at all. You made me realize that I just make excuses to eat when really I was just being lazy. So thank you for that. We can help each other. I decided to just go back to the basics and do everything that I did before, like keeping a food journal of everything I ate. It kept me honest and accountable to myself. We can do this! Everyone on this forum are so helpful and supportive. That's what me both need right now. That's what we ALL need.

ValentineC 03-25-2014 08:26 AM

Take it one day at a time, keep coming here for support, recipes and sharing your questions with the forum.

Good Luck!!! :hugs:

NuttyNeeta 03-25-2014 08:45 AM

I'll be starting here shortly. Probably Friday since I seem to remember being sick the second day when your body is trying to get rid of all the carbs. I would rather be sick at home than sick at work.

So, Friday will be my start date.

DiamondDeb 03-25-2014 04:49 PM

Welcome back, Chas! I'm so very sorry you've had such a hard time of it.

You've already got lots of good advise. If you have a book I suggest rereading it. Keep it handy so you can check things. Make a plan, shop for healthy on-plan foods, plan your meals for a while, at least until you get back in the swing of things.

This board is the best place to come for support; I'm glad you remembered that. when you have doubts and/or questions just come, read, ask away. You're surrounded by friends.

And, most importantly, remember that you can do this!

lowcarbie 03-25-2014 05:29 PM

Welcome back Chassiepooh!!!! You are a strong woman to have gone through all that you have and still have a positive outlook. God bless you and your family. And your husband is right, you will achieve your weight loss goals. Low carb friends is the best forum to come to for weight loss support for eating low carb.

chassiepooh 03-25-2014 07:55 PM

Thank you also much. I finally made it a point to take care of my health it's time.

Dottie, yes I remember that! It's good to see familiar faces ��

Biochic 03-26-2014 03:05 AM

Welcome back. You have been through quite an ordeal! You must be a very strong lady. Your husband is right, you can do it again! Coming back here is the first step.

Just Jo 03-26-2014 03:54 AM

:welcome: Chassie!

Sorry about you life's challenges. :sad:

Your hubby is so correct -- you've done it before and lost the weight and you can do it again. People new to LC WOE have no idea if it's the WOE for them or if it will "really" work, but you have so that's a huge PLUS!!

Remember we are all here to help and support you and each other as we continue on our LC WOE journey -- wishing ALL of us continued success!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”

SugarFreeSheila 03-26-2014 06:40 AM

Hi, Chassiepooh! First thing's first: get out that Atkins book and reread it. It'll geek you up, not to mention being a refresher on the fundamentals. Do you still have your copy lying around?

LowCarbedD 03-26-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarFreeSheila (Post 16851212)
Hi, Chassiepooh! First thing's first: get out that Atkins book and reread it. It'll geek you up, not to mention being a refresher on the fundamentals. Do you still have your copy lying around?

Welcome back Chassie!! You can do this!!! You've been thru so much...:hugs: Its time you took care of yourself.....your grief stricken body needs the nurturing....:stars:

Angel 03-28-2014 11:20 AM

Hey Chassie!!! I KNOW that you can do this...I know that you are a strong woman!

RoxyRoller 03-28-2014 11:31 AM

Hi Chassie! Welcome back!

Hang in there...like your husband said, you did it once, you can do it again.

Peace and blessings. :aprayer:

MichelleHu 03-29-2014 02:54 AM

Well the cat dragged you in too! Good! Actually I remember you, had to be when I was here and losing after dd2 was born. I am so glad you are back too! You KNOW you can do it. I came back heavier than ever and I am doing it.

We all come back to the dark side! :D Heres a flashlight http://www.free-emoticons.com/files/...icons/7296.png to help you find your way.

:welcome:

ladyinlove56 03-29-2014 04:10 PM

Chassie...thank you for sharing for I do understand where you are coming from....I know thur out the years I have a long story I could share of sadness that I have had to go thru with losses in my life...but I put it all in Gods hands and now it is time for me to do this for me as it is for you....As we all say here...one day at a time is all it takes....You will find you can do it again and happiness will come again thur your new journey of losses...the finish line is still there waiting for you to cross....so go for it girl :)

Partyof7 03-29-2014 04:59 PM

Hi Chassiepooh -
I ran across a thread you were posting on last night. I was motivated because I wear a 3x/4x and saw how much weight you had lost! :)

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and brother. My father dying factored a part in my weight gain also, so I hear you and feel you.

There is such a supportive community here. It's nice to meet you :) Let's do this!

cfine 03-30-2014 01:22 PM

((((HUGS)))))) we are here for you.

dgidaho 03-30-2014 05:40 PM

Just checking in, chassiepooh. How ya doing?

Hot Tamale 03-30-2014 10:07 PM

We're here for you! Post and read often and follow your plan! You CAN do it!!