Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Finally got my head back in the right place (long) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826463-finally-got-my-head-back-right-place-long.html)

dointhis4me 03-24-2014 08:04 AM

Finally got my head back in the right place (long)

Hi everyone,

I was a very successful member of this forum back in 2007/2008. I lost 90 lbs in less than a year. After life throwing me a bunch of curve balls including divorce after almost 15 years of marriage, I completely fell off the wagon and could never find my way back on.
Needless to say I regained all my weight plus some for good measure :/ I'm not completely upset by that though, in the process I met the man of my dreams, fell in love (all that wining & dining that goes along with dating lol), got married & had a beautiful baby boy 6 months ago.
I had lots of complications with my pregnancy & even afterwards. I have just recently gotten all of my health issues resolved. After being so sick & in & out of the hospital for the last year I finally have had enough. I am ready to be healthy again! My life is amazing in pretty much every way except the one I have complete control over, my health and weight.
My husband, & my 3 boys deserve me being the best me possible & I deserve that too! I have the knowledge and tools available it just basically boiled down to being comfortable and lazy. I decided the emotional turmoil I go through in my head isn't worth it, I'm ready to love & take care of me again.
I started last week, 3/17/14. I've been tracking my net carbs and making note of my calories. I've also cut out all soda, including diet, stopped drinking wine (every evening thing for us) & started drinking tons of water. My husband bought me a FitBit which makes me aware of how sedentary I've been so that's helping me move more, nothing major, just parking further from the store, making several trips up & down the stairs when I could carry all my load at once etc.
Well today makes one week of these changes and as of this morning I am down 9.4 lbs!! Oh how I love this WOL! I am so happy and motivated and glad to be back.
Thanks for reading if you made it this far lol :-)

snowmop 03-24-2014 08:09 AM

Welcome back!!

leeloo 03-24-2014 08:15 AM

Right on, 9 pounds already! Good for you!

Don't you love the fitbit? I love mine - it really is motivating to see how the numbers add up (or don't add up :laugh:).

snowangel9 03-24-2014 11:21 AM

Welcome back!!! Good job on 9#'s so far! It"s a great feeling, isn't it? To have your head in the game!?!

sbarr 03-24-2014 11:44 AM

Welcome back, this is a good place to be!

dgidaho 03-24-2014 11:45 AM

Congratulations on all the happiness you have found in life! It's amazing how that can free up our mental energy to focus on things that we often put off--like taking care of ourselves. I am relatively new here--only been here about a year, but it provides so much motivation and guidance and I'm regularly checking the boards. Look forward to seeing you on here. :)

gofigr 03-24-2014 11:48 AM

Looks like all the ducks are now in a row, keep em marchin'.

ladyinlove56 03-24-2014 12:06 PM

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me...loving yourself is very positive...doing this for yourself is the best start...then the love your life enjoys it with you and your little son...:)

ness2616 03-24-2014 01:51 PM

Can somebody tell me how to get MY head back in the game? Im really frustrated with myself and gaining my weight back. How do I stop the insanity?

shelby'snana 03-24-2014 02:20 PM

WTG ! You can do this !

Annabel Lee 03-25-2014 07:57 AM

9.4 lbs!!!!!!:jumpjoy:
You are on your way!!!
I really do believe that the hardest part is getting started after you have gained the weight back.
Good for you!
:shake:

moonmirror 03-25-2014 04:39 PM

Good for you! I know how hard coming back can be: I know also about marriage and the nightly wine, and the dinners out...bucking that trend especially when your spouse is still eating and drinking lavishly can be hard!! I commend you for getting going.

snowdancer79 03-25-2014 05:51 PM

:clap::clap::clap: