Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   If I go over on induction one day??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826362-if-i-go-over-induction-one-day.html)

Peace 03-22-2014 09:16 PM

If I go over on induction one day???
 
Today, I dont think I was under 20 g. I had more lettuce, veggies and a teaspoon of almond butter. I am wondering if this will mess me up or if I start back tomorrow is that ok? I am thinking now that part of my reaction yesterday was being in the induction phase for 5 days which is new for me. Usually, I am around 25-30 carbs. But, wanted to try a new thing so it def worked since I lost a few lbs, but today I went off. :(

No worries, though, I am starting back tomorrow to count all carbs, and make sure I stay under 20.

Thank you!

dgidaho 03-22-2014 09:33 PM

I imagine you are just fine. :)

Ntombi 03-22-2014 11:20 PM

If you're doing induction, almond butter is not allowed. Nuts aren't allowed on induction.

That said, just get back on plan 100% tomorrow.

Peace 03-23-2014 06:03 AM

I guess I just don't like to look at what us "allowed"... But I know what you mean. I appreciate your feedback though. I think staying under 20 is my goal and if I had a few nuts, I am not going to beat myself up about it.

Peace 03-23-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgidaho (Post 16847054)
I imagine you are just fine. :)

Hey there!
Thanks so much... I am sure all is well. Appreciate your comment a bunch:)

snowangel9 03-23-2014 12:01 PM

You crack me up! A little over isn't going to hurt, you didn't binge or anything. That said, nuts aren't allowed because if I recall correctly, it's so easy to over eat them. So, if you want them, measure them out and count the carbs.

Stick to your plan, you're fine! :)

NewestAtkinsFan 03-23-2014 12:09 PM

One day of going over 20g won't lead to massive gains. You are fine.... breathe.... reflect...make a mental note of this mistake, and keep going. Besides, if you are a daily-weigher, you may see that your body can handle more than the 20g of carbs and is still in 'fat burning mode.' And if so, this is a mistake that was worth making. :-P

Cheers.

GoBahnsen 03-23-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16847217)
I guess I just don't like to look at what us "allowed"... But I know what you mean. I appreciate your feedback though. I think staying under 20 is my goal and if I had a few nuts, I am not going to beat myself up about it.

No!.No, no, no ,no! you are not ALLOWED! No nuts! Not allowed! Is that understood Peace? Not allowed period.

This hurts me more than it hurts you, to tell you that. This is tough love. You are not allowed to have nuts right now. ok?:hiya:

Peace 03-23-2014 01:48 PM

THanks everyone:)

I did ok! Went to gym this am and did 2 classes and weight was 114. Yay! Didn't gain.

Phewie.

GoBahnsen... are you being facetious? I get what you are saying but today I did not have any nuts:) So.. I guess you are on the mark.

I also think that a good idea is what snowangel said...if I can have self-control, I am ok:)

Newest- yep! wrote a mental note. I think I went over because I was eating the cough drops.. lol. It helped my throat. I will get some Vics vapor rub and call it a day?

GoBahnsen 03-23-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16847707)
THanks everyone:)

I did ok! Went to gym this am and did 2 classes and weight was 114. Yay! Didn't gain.

Phewie.

GoBahnsen... are you being facetious? I get what you are saying but today I did not have any nuts:) So.. I guess you are on the mark.

I also think that a good idea is what snowangel said...if I can have self-control, I am ok:)

Newest- yep! wrote a mental note. I think I went over because I was eating the cough drops.. lol. It helped my throat. I will get some Vics vapor rub and call it a day?

Ok...since you worked out....you are allowed to have one nut. Just one with a glass of water. Do not swallow it whole. Especially the almonds. One nut or one macaroon cookie...either one, but not both. That is not allowed!:up:

Peace 03-23-2014 02:22 PM

Hysterical. I love it. I needed a laugh as I am sitting here in the library working/reading.

Never ever ever should I have had that almond, oh Lord, I have now sinned. :)

Peace 03-23-2014 02:49 PM

I wonder how many carbs are in a cough drop by Ricola?? I need to google this:)

Peace 03-23-2014 02:52 PM

Yuck! 4 grams. That is annoying. Oh well, I only had 1 today:)

GoBahnsen 03-23-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16847746)
Hysterical. I love it. I needed a laugh as I am sitting here in the library working/reading.

Never ever ever should I have had that almond, oh Lord, I have now sinned. :)

Laughing is not allowed on induction. Only deep depression. No laughing or going nuts. Nuts are not allowed.:shake:

dgidaho 03-23-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBahnsen (Post 16847842)
Laughing is not allowed on induction. Only deep depression. No laughing or going nuts. Nuts are not allowed.:shake:

LOVE it!!!

Peace--watch what your body can handle, but don't sweat the small stuff. You didn't eat an entire cheesecake. :D It's important to know what you can tolerate, food-wise, but it's also important that this is a way of eating that you can tolerate. Nuts can be a downfall for many, but they are also a good source of nutrients and dietary fat when used in moderation. As Ntombi said, if you are trying to be on strict induction, then you should hold off on the nuts. If it's not super important to be on induction, just have them in moderation and keep an eye, as snowangel said. And, as GoBahnsen said, do not eat the entire nut. Perhaps you should just sniff it? ;)

Peace 03-23-2014 04:04 PM

Exactly. I think Sniffing is totally allowed on induction. :) I did not eat an entire cheesecake.. this is true. I went to Cheesecake Factory on vacation and had the BEST salad with grill salmon. No cheesecake. never ever.

I am going to embrace the good times and learn this is not punishment for heavens sake If I have a nut or even if I went totally BONKERS and had a pork rind. ( which I never have even tried because I don't do pork:)

This is a total ah-ha moment. Learn what I can handle, but move on.

I guess what is nice is that I know dairy and gluten are not options.. I get deathly ill from them, so just appreciate what works for me.


I will do my best to not smile today. I think it is impossible.. I am such a smiler... :)))

dgidaho 03-23-2014 04:41 PM

Mmmmmmm.......I have heard that Cheesecake Factory has a low carb cheesecake......

Peace 03-23-2014 04:48 PM

Interesting.......... but it probably has dairy:(

Ntombi 03-23-2014 05:12 PM

Look, she said she was doing induction, not just induction-level carbs. There's a reason nuts aren't allowed on induction. Lots of people forget, though, so I reminded her.

If she's not doing actual induction, but just trying to stay below twenty grams of carbs per day, that's a different question, and I would have answered it differently.

When people are specific about their goals, I try to answer them accordingly. I don't care what she eats or doesn't eat, but she asked a question about induction, so I answered it.

Peace, if your goal is simply to stay below 20g, you're fine. Good luck.

Peace 03-23-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16847969)
Look, she said she was doing induction, not just induction-level carbs. There's a reason nuts aren't allowed on induction. Lots of people forget, though, so I reminded her.

If she's not doing actual induction, but just trying to stay below twenty grams of carbs per day, that's a different question, and I would have answered it differently.

When people are specific about their goals, I try to answer them accordingly. I don't care what she eats or doesn't eat, but she asked a question about induction, so I answered it.

Peace, if your goal is simply to stay below 20g, you're fine. Good luck.


Hi there.
Ah! So that is the issue. I was thinking that induction and less than 20 were the same thing. I appreciate your feedback as well, perhaps you misinterpreted the comments made, it was about me, not about you! lol I just do better when I tell myself that I am allowed anything I want, but I can choose what I want to eat. Does that make sense? sorry if you were offended... not my intentions at all.

GoBahnsen 03-23-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16847969)
Look, she said she was doing induction, not just induction-level carbs. There's a reason nuts aren't allowed on induction. Lots of people forget, though, so I reminded her.

If she's not doing actual induction, but just trying to stay below twenty grams of carbs per day, that's a different question, and I would have answered it differently.

When people are specific about their goals, I try to answer them accordingly. I don't care what she eats or doesn't eat, but she asked a question about induction, so I answered it.

Peace, if your goal is simply to stay below 20g, you're fine. Good luck.

You answered correctly. I was just being GoBahnsen...you know...not normal:laugh:

Peace 03-23-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBahnsen (Post 16848020)
You answered correctly. I was just being GoBahnsen...you know...not normal:laugh:



Uhhh... there is no normal? lol. I think we are so special and unique. I think the humor makes it easier for me to understand, personally.

GoBahnsen 03-23-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peace (Post 16848046)
Uhhh... there is no normal? lol. I think we are so special and unique. I think the humor makes it easier for me to understand, personally.

I know what you mean. :high5: I wish you all the best too!:up:

Ntombi 03-23-2014 08:15 PM

I'm not offended, and I'm glad we clarified what your goals are.

Peace 03-23-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16848105)
I'm not offended, and I'm glad we clarified what your goals are.



Thanks! And glad you are not offended. :)

sbarr 03-24-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16847969)
Look, she said she was doing induction, not just induction-level carbs. There's a reason nuts aren't allowed on induction. Lots of people forget, though, so I reminded her.

If she's not doing actual induction, but just trying to stay below twenty grams of carbs per day, that's a different question, and I would have answered it differently.

When people are specific about their goals, I try to answer them accordingly. I don't care what she eats or doesn't eat, but she asked a question about induction, so I answered it.

Peace, if your goal is simply to stay below 20g, you're fine. Good luck.

Ntombi has made a good point.

I think the terminology is becoming more difficult these days with more plans, etc. and we need to become especially careful.

"Induction" is probably one of the most misunderstood words on this board, and can be confusing for people who are not familiar with the Atkins diet, as it is written.

Atkins Induction has a specific protocol and I think we need to be especially aware here in the Main Lobby which is pretty much an introduction/portal to this site.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM.