Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   No more excuses (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/826160-no-more-excuses.html)

Nathan9695 03-18-2014 07:25 PM

No more excuses

I had really good success in the past with low-carb eating. I started getting overwhelmed with graduate school and completely fell off eating right. I quit working out saying I had no time for living healthy. I am started back about 15 days ago and I am feeling great. I have started back before and something has always stopped me. It always seems like a bad time an event or special occasion where food is involved. I have decided that I have no more excuses and if I don't get it under control I am going to be in serious trouble.

cprcheetah 03-18-2014 07:46 PM

You can do this!

Mimosa23 03-19-2014 01:16 AM

Welcome back Nathan! You can do this, come here for support when you need it; you know we're a great bunch!

xx

SeriouslyFunny 03-19-2014 01:23 AM

Nathan, I'm right there with you. I lost 40 pounds several years ago on LC, fell off, gained it back and then some. I've had a few stops and starts, but I'm seriously ready to do this right. Once you get a week or so under your belt, it starts to to feel like the "new normal." You can totally do this!

eagle eye 03-19-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeriouslyFunny (Post 16841993)
Nathan, I'm right there with you. I lost 40 pounds several years ago on LC, fell off, gained it back and then some. I've had a few stops and starts, but I'm seriously ready to do this right. Once you get a week or so under your belt, it starts to to feel like the "new normal." You can totally do this!

Quote:

Wow this my story exactly!!

Trigger828 03-19-2014 04:54 AM

good luck.

add into that phase---NO MATTER WHAT!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES.

now stick wtih that. life will always, always get in the way. you have to find detours around it. that is what we ALL must do!!!

Willgirl 03-19-2014 07:08 AM

Nathan I have almost your exact story...grad school really blew any efforts I had at diet and/or exercise. There is always a paper or manuscript that is SO IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW that drinking coke all night to get it done is totally justified. I gained tonnes of weight and felt terrible. Then I decided I had to do this diet no matter what so I started low carb in the middle of my PhD comprehensive examinations to prove to myself I could. I feel so much better now that it is way easier to get my doctoral work done...I do spend more time on food prep etc. but I have more energy and focus in return. Good luck to you!!! Grad school makes it so easy to fall out of routine but you can do it!

MargD 03-19-2014 07:19 AM

I was at my highest weight ever after I completed graduate school, while working full time. I gained 50 lbs. during my program.

snowangel9 03-19-2014 02:25 PM

Welcome back Nathan! You said it, life will always happen. Always. There will always be a holiday, birthday, wedding, whatever etc. That's not going to change. Finding ways to deal with life is what it's all about. Good luck and let us know how it's going!!

painted_klown 03-19-2014 02:38 PM

Nathan, Your story and mine are similar. I alwways get really motivated, and start exercising and eating right, then something happens and I fall off plan and gain all of teh weight back (usually PLUS some).

Welcome back to the low carb WOE. I too am just coming back, so here's to doing it long term! :)

emily1 03-20-2014 02:20 PM

I am like you guys, when I was 18 years old I went from 186lbs (obese), to 118 pounds and extremely fit because of atkins and weightlifting. Then university began... and then I hit my highest weight which was 206.8 pounds. Freshman 15? For me it was the freshman 90 :(. So far about 45 pounds down. Since I have started this WOE again I have more energy to study, work, run, and pretty much everything else. You made a great choice to come back to this WOL!

Iwantlessofme 03-22-2014 03:20 PM

Welcome back Nathan! And Welcome back emily1! You can do it!

Mindy