LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gabla13
Stats: 148/136/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 18, 2014
not losing inches??!

I am in about my 4th week of atkins (ive done this before about a year ago and got great results, however I have more to lose this time ) anyways I weigh every morning although I know that is not recommended. I also took photos and measurements to track my progress. I am 11 pounds down (on the scale) but I cant see any difference in my photos, or anything substantial in my measurements either. I feel as though some of my clothing fits better but its definitely not falling off yet. I have got about 15 more pounds to lose until I am at my ideal weight.

I'm just wondering how long it takes for inches to start coming off as well as pounds? I go to the gym everyday and do cardio as well as various other free weight and ab exercises. I try to keep my carb intake around 18 grams. Am I doing something wrong??
gabla13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
how tall are you? I'm 5'9" and on my frame, 11 pounds is hardly a drop in the bucket. I usually don't see visible results until i'm well past 20 pounds in.

what types of exercises are you doing at the gym? I noticed you mentioned cardio first. I think with a plan like Atkins, cardio is less important (for fat loss). The WOE will take care of the fat loss for you. Maybe shift your focus more on the lifting and toning to help tighten things up as you shrink?

hopefully others chime in, as i am NO expert!

2014 Goals:
April 12: 245
June 12 - my Birthday!! - 225
September 20 - Bridesmaid - 205
Halloween - 195
End of 2014 - 180
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gabla13
Stats: 148/136/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 18, 2014
I am 5'5", I find that doing cardio (I mainly do interval training) helps me lose weight faster plus get in better shape which I do enjoy. I do various ab exercises, I don't like using the machines at the gym since they restrict your range of motion. I also use free weights to do different arm exercises, squats, lunges, those types of things. I like to mix both cardio and toning exercises so that when I do lose the weight my muscles are toned.
gabla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
you are not that much over your goal weight. it just takes a lot longer than we wish it did!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote