Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Try lower fat and ketosis

I am going to try to focus on keeping carbs below 20. Today was my first day. Seems like when I try to increase fats... I don't do so well. Psychologically and physically and then it backfires. So.... I am learning to just go slow.

Is it possible to get into fat burning state by just decreasing carbs but not increasing fat? Thank you in advance.

Tomorrow is small greens with chicken or fish at 12 and then again at 6 or 7.

What do you think?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I think you may just need to try a specific program. Have you had a look at Atkins Induction for example? You've posted here lots but keep trying something different. I suggest trying and sticking with one specific program and following it by the book for six weeks. It may be that your body just needs time to adjust and adapt to whatever programme you decide on...

As for your question: I can't say if it would work because you give no idea of how much fat you are consuming at the moment.

Maybe you can post some menus that you plan on eating with this new plan of yours?

If you really only are eating chicken or fish and small greens, I would say that it's probably not enough food, and if you cook them without fat, it certainly would leave me absolutely starving.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
I think, if I'm not mistaken, that you need to watch your protein too. That seems to be the issue with this WOE-watch protein, watch carbs, and eat fat. If you reduce your fat intake, you have to replace at least some of the calories with something, and I guess the obvious choice is protein.

But I'm sure there are others here with much more experience than me who can offer advice. Good luck!
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Peace I'm going back to your very first post here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
I am new here but I am curious if the type of scale matters? I am maintaining 115-118, 5'.3 (almost 5'4). However I felt best at 110-112. So I excited to start monitoring my protein again ... I think this is the issue. No worries tho.

I have a cheap scale that is not digital... You think it matters? Thanks so much.

I know this isn't really what you want to read/hear, but maybe you're AT your goal and you should focus more on nutritional foods rather than a scale number?
The scale thing seems to be frustrating and stressing you out, and that can effect weight as well.
So maybe put the scale away for a week or two and focus instead on feeding your body well?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 194.0/?/115
WOE: Low Carb
I second finding a specific plan and then sticking to it. Once you've done the plan by the book and have found that you're not losing, then you can start tweaking.

ETA

Losing will be very slow for you because you're already at a normal weight and so close to goal. I can't help but wonder if you see others who are able to drop weight quickly and that makes you frustrated and keeps you tweaking? Honestly, at your weight you'll probably have to monitor your ratios and keep calories low in order to lose.

Currently detoxing due to numerous food sensitivities.

Gluten, yeast, & soy free!

Last edited by Anonymousity; 03-18-2014 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Added more
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I tend to agree with Dottie. The number of posts and threads you've begun suggest to me that you're being rather 'frantic' about all this, and that's not a good sign at all.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Peace, everyone here has expressed their concerns and opinions, maybe it's time to take them to heart and stop being so rash about changing your diet the whole time?
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Mimosa, Dottie and Anonymosity-- THANK YOU first of all. I am taking all of this in.. and digesting it. First, no scale in over 7 days..which is new for me. Just listening to my body now.

2- Definitely think health is number one, and I appreciate your feedback and concerns. It is more about digestion, bloating or other symptoms for me. However, inflammation is not good and usually is a sign of not eating the right foods for our bodies.

3- I think what is weird is that I have tried HI Fat and low protein, but gained. ( I did it for about 2 months), then I tried low fat and higher protein and lost, but it did not stay off because I tried eating more protein.
so, I guess the bottom line is that I seem to do best with moderate fat ( maybe 4 tablespoons of olive oil spread throughout the day on salads), lean grass fed beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, nuts ( in moderation). I feel like as long as my carbs are low, I can slowly increase the fat if I need to for energy. Perhaps, I just don't need as much as others and I totally appreciate what you have all said that what works for me, might not work for you.

That being said, I am small girl in general, but want to stay focused on energy levels, vibrant skin and most of all, feeling good about me in my own skin! The brain needs fat, so I am working on this, people. I appreciate all your support.

Also, staying as natural as possible is important to me, so I guess I need to honor that in anyway I can.

Took the day off again from gym and body needed rest. Once I get back to school, I will be non-stop again.

Hope I did not offend anyone and yes, I have read many low carb books. However, I do find that the body changes as we grow and age which means tweaking the WOE is necessary. For now, I am sticking to moderate fat and moderate protein with carbs under 20. Of course, some days, I might need more than others. I believe the key is to just LISTEN To the body, it knows what it wants.

Have a great day!
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote