LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngeloftheHeart
Stats: 200/175/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start 1-07-14- with a few cheats
don't know if I would call it a stall....but

I haven't lost any inches or pounds in a month. The scale keeps playing with 179/180. I'm eating clean. Not drinking as much water as I should be. I joined a gym (haven't worked out in 4 days.) And when I do it's cardio. Every now and then i'll eat a package of almonds. But still a MONTH?
I lost about 20 within the first month so I don't know if this is my body still playing catch up to me or if I need to start tweaking
I did have some dream fields pasta. But that was less than the serving size.
Normal meals are-

B-coffee/hwc/string cheese or pork rinds
l- is normally some sort of protein-chicken and green beans/chicken and half an avocado/pork & broccoli/eggs and bacon/ quiche/ hamburger. ETC
D- if hungry bacon and eggs or something else low in carbs.
*I cook all my food in CO/bacon grease/butter or some fat.*

I don't pay attention to the amount of cream I use in my coffee (but I haven't since the start.) I'm not keeping track of my calories or carbs in a tracker. I was, and then I just got over it or forget.

I'm half thinking about having a *cheat meal* to give myself a clean fresh slate. I can deal with the water weight on my scale and knowing it will go away. I just want some pounds to go with it.

^Goal 150/140. Still want to be a *thick* chic. Hey, I got curves.....

http://alaskabound26.blogspot.com/

My blog of adventures & life in Alaska

Last edited by AngeloftheHeart; 03-16-2014 at 12:39 PM..
AngeloftheHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Since you haven't been tracking anything, I'd suggest that tracking for a couple of days would be better than a 'cheat meal.' It's very common to experience 'carb/calorie creep' once we're comfortable with any plan, and Drs. Eades and Atkins both wrote that such 'creep' was the most common reason for stalls that they observed in their clinical practice.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
Start Date: which time?
Don't know if I'd call it a stall, yet. Twenty pounds your first month is a lot. My question would be, how often do you have a girls night out? When we drink, our bodies burn the alcohol first, then the fat. Could that be part of it maybe?

Definelty track for a couple of days and see where you are. Your menu looks good, so it just may be your body catching up.
snowangel9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Angel, first of all, well done on the 20lbs lost! That is a great achievement!

I agree: start tracking. Also, I would definitely not have a cheat meal.

Alcohol, like snowangel9 said is burned before sugar and fat. If you drink a couple of times a week, your weightloss will slow down accordingly. I had to stop drinking alcohol for now, as it stopped my weightloss (which is slooooow anyway)

Maybe start doing some weight training at the gym? It will help with the inches lost and reshape your body.

I've just started being regular with exercise, and although my weight isn't really moving very fast, I am noticing lots of inches gone! I mainly do weights with a cardio HIIT warm up. I spend only 50 minutes at the gym three times a week. (15 minutes HIIT cardio, then 30 minutes heavy weights, then 5 minutes stretching)

Anyway, I hope your weight starts moving soon again! xxx

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Hey Angel!! Congrats on the 20 pounds!!
Everyone has given some really good advice. I know for me, cheese and nuts stop me dead in my tracks, so I've given up those. (I don't drink, so I don't know if that would stall me...) I personal suggest keeping a really accurate Food Log -- that way you will know for sure where you maybe going off track. What version of Atkins are you doing and how many daily carbs/net carbs?

Wishing you much success in your low carb journey!!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngeloftheHeart
Stats: 200/175/150
Start Date: Re-start 1-07-14- with a few cheats
Hey all. I went ahead with a cheat day. And got right back on track the very next day. Didn't see a big a big water weight gain which I was expecting.
I failed to mention that I had lost my energy also and was just tired. One of my friends pointed out that if I had low energy I wasn't burning fat anymore for fuel?

I'm just going to weigh in every day and start tracking that and then once I run out of my cream not buy any more and see if that had something to do with it. I know I should track I just never measure anything and I don't want to start. Yes, I'm complaining like a kid about having to measure and track what I eat
AngeloftheHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aryn12205
WOE: IF/Paleo/Whole Food-Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: January '14
I've found that dairy makes me stall almost completely. I can have a small bit once or twice a week, but daily? Nope. :-/ Also, make sure you're getting enough water. I find that taking a diuretic for a few days seems to help when I notice that I'm retaining water (I retain quite a bit!). Congrats on the 20 lb weight loss, btw!
aryn12205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:38 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloftheHeart View Post
Hey all. I went ahead with a cheat day. And got right back on track the very next day. Didn't see a big a big water weight gain which I was expecting.
I failed to mention that I had lost my energy also and was just tired. One of my friends pointed out that if I had low energy I wasn't burning fat anymore for fuel?

I'm just going to weigh in every day and start tracking that and then once I run out of my cream not buy any more and see if that had something to do with it. I know I should track I just never measure anything and I don't want to start. Yes, I'm complaining like a kid about having to measure and track what I eat
Hey Angel -- glad you are back on this WOE. I don't do cream for my coffee since it's dairy. What I use is International Delight Caramel Liquid Coffee Creamer, Sugar-free of course. It's only 20 kcals per T and 1 carb gram.

Only problem with not being aware of what you are eating and the amounts, how will you know what really is a problem food? Just asking...

In any case, I do wish you much success in your LC WOE journey!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #9
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloftheHeart View Post

Good that you were able to get right back on plan. Some of us would suffer induction flu again and struggle with cravings.

I wanted to comment on the idea the your low energy = not burning fat. This would be true only if you were eating too much in the way of carbs or protein. That can switch you back to glucose burning.

More likely, you were becoming adapted and that often produces fatigue and other induction flu symptoms and what is needed is to replace electrolytes (just like in the beginning). Energy will come back once the body is fully adapted.

Some people have explained that too much protein can and does take them out of ketosis and they are living on the edge and feeling bad. The trick is to limit carbs to an appropriate level and then moderate protein. All of this requires tracking.

You may not need to be in ketosis in order to lose weight but if you choose to go that way, you will not have the benefits of ketosis.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote