Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Vacation and Scale

So, I am on vacation this week! woohoo. However, I am kind of freaking out that I have no scale with me and I have not worked out since Monday! I left for CA on Tuesday and it is now Sat. Well, wait... I ran on Wed and Thursday! I forgot.

I can feel myself just gaining even though I am not eating alot of carbs or nonprocessed foods.

I am going to go for a run tomorrow or do some weights at the fitness center in Vegas I guess this is what my body needed-- some R and R, but it is hard when I have been on the go for sooo long!

Breathe, rest and relax. I am sure I did not gain alot of weight, if any, but I def can tell my body is not as firm when I dont workout as much. I miss my gym!!
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Willgirl
Stats: 330/242/195
WOE: Keto
Start Date: January 2014
It sounds like you are at doing fairly well for a holiday. I think the biggest danger with vacations isn't so much going a bit off track while on them, which is very human, but not getting completely back on plan as soon as you get home.

I am going to Portland for a conference this on Thursday and I am really nervous about it and my diet!
Willgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Yes.. The conference was a big nerve wrecking but being celiac was more if an issue!

Focus on everything you can eat and remember its your health. You will do just fine.. I am sure!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
Sounds like you have done really well on your diet & exercise. That is great for a vacation.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
I just went on a 4 day vacation last week, and when I got home, the scale showed that I was up 5.2 pounds. I had a few off-plan splurges, but 90% of my menu was on plan. The key is... I didn't freak out or give up. Just got back on plan and drank oceans of water.

I checked this morning and I am now only .6 pounds above where I started. I expect that will be gone by my official weigh-in on Tuesday.

Restaurant food is always going to give you a bump up because of all the sodium, but that will go away in a week or less. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for the support. I need to get back to basics. I will post in another thread. Luckily, I have not been eating out at restaurants except whole foods

I am going to think positive.