Old 04-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I kept away from the dairy till Easter and then dived back in: no change! I guess that means I'm lucky and I can have my cheese and eat it too!
Love that line "I can have my cheese and eat it too!!"

Thank you Mimosa!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
I'm late to the party, but I'm going to try this starting tomorrow. I keep gaining weight, so I've got to do something! I know when I've lost weight in the past, I've cut way back on cheese. Here's hoping!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
I'm late to the party, but I'm going to try this starting tomorrow. I keep gaining weight, so I've got to do something! I know when I've lost weight in the past, I've cut way back on cheese. Here's hoping!
Hey Yvonnem, One of the other reasons I cut out cheese was that I have portion control issues, I cheese -- but I can't stop at 4 oz... and eating it makes me crave carbs probably because I eat too many carbs when I eat cheese and I am carb-intolerant!!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Yes, Jo, that's it. I'm trying to customize my WOE based on foods with a built-in stop sign. Cheese doesn't qualify!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Ugh. I have got to get back to dairy free. The things I want to allow are HWC and hard cheeses in small amounts. So that sucks for me. Those things seem impossible for me to live without.

I had a lot of sliced cheese last night and feel like crap today.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barbblundell
Stats: 190/125/125
WOE: Low Carb - Good Carb
Start Date: Nov 2011
I make my own kefir. It's full of probiotics. The bacteria eats most of the sugar leaving the good stuff behind.
barbblundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to follow up. For me, cutting out dairy for 28 days has made all the difference! I'm shocked! Dairy has always been my favorite food group.

Since going low-carb 2 years ago, I've only gained weight. I stayed on it because it cured my hypoglycemia which was ruling my life. I got a belly, which I attributed to being over 40.

Dairy-free has been a lot like the transition to LC. Bloating immediately went away. Weight dropped daily the first 5 days. Then weight stabilized as I replaced those calories with nuts, avocado and coconut. Now I'm losing again. Belly feels flat. My mood is cheery. I'm totally off the restrict/binge/guilt/repeat cycle. Nice appetite suppression. Basically everything I was attributing to pre-menopause seems to have calmed right down. It felt like my body wasn't following the rules. Everything I did led to weight gain. Now I feel like I'm back on earth and have some control over my weight.

FWIW, I still eat 1tbsp Caesar dressing daily because I never figured out a replacement.

It may not help for everyone. But if you are like me and have tried it all and gotten nowhere, it is worth a try! No one loved dairy more than me. But it has been worth it.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Just wanted to follow up. For me, cutting out dairy for 28 days has made all the difference! I'm shocked! Dairy has always been my favorite food group.

Since going low-carb 2 years ago, I've only gained weight. I stayed on it because it cured my hypoglycemia which was ruling my life. I got a belly, which I attributed to being over 40.

Dairy-free has been a lot like the transition to LC. Bloating immediately went away. Weight dropped daily the first 5 days. Then weight stabilized as I replaced those calories with nuts, avocado and coconut. Now I'm losing again. Belly feels flat. My mood is cheery. I'm totally off the restrict/binge/guilt/repeat cycle. Nice appetite suppression. Basically everything I was attributing to pre-menopause seems to have calmed right down. It felt like my body wasn't following the rules. Everything I did led to weight gain. Now I feel like I'm back on earth and have some control over my weight.

FWIW, I still eat 1tbsp Caesar dressing daily because I never figured out a replacement.

It may not help for everyone. But if you are like me and have tried it all and gotten nowhere, it is worth a try! No one loved dairy more than me. But it has been worth it.
Wow! Your story is like mine. I loved going low carb but never lost on it. I love the kind of food, the amount of food and loved my dairy. Still do. But I am finding that I might have to give it up. My doctor said that my constant laryngitis (I get it every time I get sick) is from acid reflux. I have to cut out dairy, basically that is the only thing on the diet sheet that I have not cut out yet. I can do without the others, just want cream in my coffee darn it. But I do want to get better. Geesh
Old 05-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #129
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I cut out dairy for two weeks, to hopefully see an improvement in my horrible allergies. I've seen zero improvement. So today, I'm back to dairy. I will be on the lookout for any worsening of symptoms though. I found giving up dairy harder than giving up carbs! No creamy salad dressings, no melted cheese on stuff, no cream in coffee, no brie!....it's not easy
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Dairy is not for me. I feel so much better when I don't try to put it back in my life.

But... I think if you can handle it, go for it.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
I've cut out dairy for 7 weeks now--it started with a Whole30 challenge (no dairy, no alcohol, no stevia or soy, lotsa veggies and protein and fats). I thought I could never do it, because I relied so heavily on heavy cream and cheese. But it's been much easier than I expected, and now I really love ghee, which I make myself in the microwave (takes all of 4 minutes). I substitute avocados for cheese, homemade aioli (garlicy mayo) for all my creamy sauces and salad dressings, ghee for butter, and coconut cream for heavy cream, especially in my coffee. I will add some pastured dairy products eventually, such as really excellent cheeses. But I recently bought a pint of pastured, organic heavy cream for my coffee, and it turns out I prefer coconut cream now.

The main benefit for me, I think, is that now I have to plan real meals and cook, since I can't just grab a piece of cheese. I was getting far too dependent on cheese for a quick meal, and this is getting me to eat lots more veggies and lots more interesting recipes. Dairy itself doesn't really affect me, but cutting it out has probably helped with dropping a few lbs.

Last edited by tiva; 05-22-2014 at 03:26 PM..
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote