Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaava
Stats: 202/200/155
WOE: lc
Start Date: 2/16/2014
Hi Just Reaching Out for Friendly Support! :)

Hi All, About one month into my new lifestyle journey....just looking to check-in and give / get support. I started out trying to do Atkins induction style eating, but i'm kind of like a natural born vegetarian, and all the meat stuff just made me feel really off. So now I'm living what a couple of you said is sort of Paleo...no wheat, no sugar, very little dairy (cheese and kefir is it....and I just order Kefir grains to make that using coconut milk.) I feel GREAT....my mood is so much more stable, and my skin looks better. I just feel vague sense of better. SADLY only have lost about 3 pounds- at 5'6" currently about 198 have quite a way to go. (Being sick & then Daylight savings has had negative impact on my working on in the AM before work. Getting back on that wagon should help.) TRYING to look at this as overall lifestyle change, not just weight loss plan. Looking to my new friends here for support to cheer each other on....THanks for reading! Good Day!
kaava is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
Hi there!

It sounds like you are experiencing some Non Scale Victories (NSV's), so thats good too!

I did very low carb for the first month, and then I started doing JUDDD as well and that jumped my weight loss a bit. You will see many threads about it if you are interested, but basically its one day of eating "normal" (which I keep low carb) and then the next day is a "down day" where you have a very low calorie day. It seems to be working for me i think lol
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
Welcome! You're already seeing some of the advantages of this way of eating, feeling great, and a more stable emotional track, better looking skin and just feeling better. As you recognize other changes, the support from within is usually easier.
Keep up the good work.
Ella5
ella5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010

The secret to success is to find what works for you because that is the only thing you'll stick with. Sounds like you've done that. Just be patient with the weight loss. Remember...it's not a race (even if we'd like it to be).
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:49 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / lean for life
Start Date: October, 1999
I saw my low carb journey as a science experiment - I felt so good with this way of eating. But everyone has to work out the individual details. Your paleo approach is a good one - see what make YOU feel good and work out your own individual plan. It's a lifestyle. I've been low carb / eating clean since 1999 - I even experimented and adopted some paleo things. Do whatever you can make a lifestyle that keeps you feeling at your best!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
This forum may be of interest to you...
Vegetarian - Low Carb Friends

Just by virtue of cutting out the junk (sugar and wheat), most people feel much better.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote