Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Oscar Mayer Introduces P3 Portable Protein Pack (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/825060-oscar-mayer-introduces-p3-portable-protein-pack.html)

mcchimento 03-09-2014 08:08 AM

Oscar Mayer Introduces P3 Portable Protein Pack

Just saw this advertised.

•Applewood Smoked Turkey, Marbled Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, Dry Roasted Almonds
•Applewood Smoked Ham, Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Dry Roasted Almonds
•Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken, Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Dry Roasted Peanuts
•Slow Roasted Turkey Breast, Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Dry Roasted Peanuts

They range from 160-170 calories and 3-4 total carbs.
(I count total carbs only)

Has anyone see these yet. OMG! Great snack for me to bring on the road these next two months - I am on the road for work. Not too crazy about the reduced fat cheese, but I can live with it. Some days, I am too busy to be really prepared for the road and this could come in handy. They say that the average cost is $1.79. I spend at least that much on nuts and string cheese at the convenience store when on the road.

Dottie 03-09-2014 08:11 AM

Good to know, thanks!

BABSY 03-09-2014 08:56 AM

wow, I cant wait to find this

Chocolate Rose 03-09-2014 09:59 AM

Wow, nice option for those few times when you're out and have nothing available to eat. I'm not thrilled with the peanuts, either, so would definitely stick with almond choices.

mcchimento 03-09-2014 10:43 AM

Me, too. But at least it's something easy for me to grab.

Ocean 03-09-2014 02:08 PM

I saw those at Walmart the other day, but didn't buy any.

Dottie 03-09-2014 02:17 PM

Ocean were they in the refrigerator section or at the check-out?

Mistizoom 03-09-2014 05:27 PM

I've seen them (in the pre-packages meats and cheeses section) but they are extremely small portions and not worth it unless it was an emergency.The low fat cheese is another negative.

earthcrosser 03-09-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16830338)
I've seen them, but they are extremely small portions and not worth it unless it was an emergency. The low fat cheese is another negative.

I also always worry about processed meats. I don't think I would eat anything from Oscar Mayer. :sad:

Ocean 03-09-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16830151)
Ocean were they in the refrigerator section or at the check-out?

They were in the refridgerated lunchmeat section around where the lunchables are. They weren't very big. Sort of snack sized.

Dottie 03-09-2014 05:56 PM

Thanks Ocean:) Will look for them tomorrow :)

ElizabethLC 03-09-2014 06:51 PM

Has anyone seen these at a gas station? I'm thinking it could be a good road trip option.

mcchimento 03-09-2014 07:13 PM

I'm looking at it for emergencies when on the road this week!

Mistizoom 03-10-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcchimento (Post 16830433)
I'm looking at it for emergencies when on the road this week!

The problem is, they to be refrigerated. So unless you are brining a cooler, they aren't very good for road trips. And if you are bringing a cooler, there are much cheaper, better choices.

e&m'smom 03-10-2014 01:47 PM

I just saw these at Walmart - In my opinion, they are a HUGE rip-off. The total weight is 2 oz and I think they were around $2. There were about 6 broken almonds in it, and imagine you cut up 3 small dice sized chunks of cheese and a bit more turkey - that's it. I'm sure the convenience factor would outweigh cost of these, but I am more likely to throw some cheese and meat in a baggie and another baggie with some nuts - easy.

Chocolate Rose 03-10-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e&m'smom (Post 16831392)
I just saw these at Walmart - In my opinion, they are a HUGE rip-off. The total weight is 2 oz and I think they were around $2. There were about 6 broken almonds in it, and imagine you cut up 3 small dice sized chunks of cheese and a bit more turkey - that's it. I'm sure the convenience factor would outweigh cost of these, but I am more likely to throw some cheese and meat in a baggie and another baggie with some nuts - easy.

Bummer! The blew it. They had a ready market for this kind of product and went too cheap (food-wise).

ladyinlove56 03-11-2014 12:53 PM

I found these at our Walmart for $1.00 a piece...They only had 5 of them but I got them..not much to them but they are a sm. LC snack...handy....They also had the Atkins frozen dinners for the same price...$1.00 WOW.....I thought they might be outdated but good unitl 2015...I never buy Atkins products...but that was a good price...I bought 5 different dinners so I will let my DH take them to work ...