LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 03:25 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/183/125?
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2014 re-start
First week results

I am starting week 2 of induction today, and I am down 4.2 pounds. It is not as much as I would have liked but I will take it! My scale has gone up and down this week and I am finding out the little things that affect it, so I can alter them this week to see if that moves the scale down more consistently. The Atkins bars/treats are not going to work for me at this phase anyway, so I cut them out and started to lose again. Weight training also makes my scale go up. I realize this and am going to continue to use weights for health benefits, but not weigh myself for a few days afterward so I don't get discouraged! I know the scale causes a lot of people grief, so I am not weighing every day anymore. I think once a week will be good enough! I have appreciated all the information and support this week!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jessica-
I suspect that you think you're not losing 'consistently' because you were weighing daily. We all experience daily fluctuations in 'weight' that are due to water in our bodies and have little (or nothing) to do with fat loss.

Your decision to weigh weekly is a good one, IMO, because during weight loss, seeing those fluctuations can be disheartening for many people (me!).

I've found that weighing weekly keeps me more focused on my daily eating (on plan) rather than the scale number.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / lean for life
Start Date: October, 1999
I noticed the same thing about weight training... After a workout your muscles are repairing and hold water. It can be frustrating for people who are expecting a workout to result in weight loss. I increased my cardio time and decreased weight training to two or three times a week.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #4

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
the water weight you lose the first week is so different than when you actually start losing fat weight... I don't think you can draw any conclusions from it. it is your Atkins Loan that you get to keep as long as you stay in ketosis...
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
4# is pretty awesome. Just look at it as it's better than where you were. I think it's important that you learned a couple of things....to weigh once a week instead of daily and that the bars aren't going to work for this stage of your weight loss. That's great.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote