LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Any thoughts on my plan?

Hi everyone

Well, I thought I was doing pretty well. However, today I had an issue. I went to the gym for 2 hours, came home, and lost it. Had 2 huge salads with lots of olive oil, and way too much salt. I had eggs and tuna.. everything was low carb in general. however, I had a large salad last night with olive oil and salt.

I am working on finding balance, and I understand it takes time. I wonder if my body just doesnt do well with alot of salt/oil? I seem to be triggered to get bloated and overeat when I let myself go in these two areas.

I am all non processed right now, and that feels good. However, I ended up drinking 5 liters of water just to feel somewhat normal today. Finally, the bloated feeling went down.

Keep in mind, I do have alot of stress and I think that always exacerbates the issue. I am soooo glad I will have a break from this PhD program to catch my breath.

Thanks for listening and I am totally open to suggestions or if anyone had felt like they binged on even low carb foods before.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
It definitely sounds like you have found a trigger, so keeping that in mind, use it in moderation. I tend to splurge on ranch dressing on my salads LOL, so I have taken to making up little 'cups' of 2 Tbsp servings which is just the right size for me. It just makes me want to have more and more if I don't restrict it. I am just on my 1st week back on the plan, but before I have eaten a whole bag of pork rinds in one sitting boy did that give me a gut ache.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Thank heavens you understand. Appreciate the feedback! At least I can do something about it moving forward.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
I think we have all overdone it on the LC food before. But at least the damage is minimal, if there is any at all. I was just wondering if, perhaps, you went to the gym hungry and a two-hour workout pushed you over the edge. If that's the case, you may want to have a small fat/protein snack beforehand to keep you from getting too hungry--a boiled egg or something like that. Just a thought...
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I have to be careful with 'salads' because, depending on what goes in them, those carbs add up quickly. I *always* measure out my dressing though because it's so easy to go overboard. Nowadays, my 'salads' are usually just cut up romaine or a baby spring green mix and I weight out about 4-6 oz (that's *a lot* btw) and I only put 1 Tbs of olive oil along with an equal amount of wine vinegar (and some herbs) on it.

Based on your weight, I'm going to guess that your concern is calories? In which case I'd measure the oil and not worry about the salad ingredients (as long as we aren't talking croutons, cheese, etc.

At any rate, yes I could binge on low carb foods (at which point those carbs can still hurt), so have learned to avoid the binge...and/or start looking at why I'm overdoing.

Sounds like maybe stress is a factor for you? Hang in there.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
My protein is still way too high... Can anyone suggest how to fix that? I guess I need to eat less meat and more veg? Then my carbs will be too high I'm afraid.

For instance, my numbers yesterday, according to ***********, are as follows:

CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
1399 22 82 107

I had a pretty big piece of fish for dinner last night, which was half of the protein for the day. My calories were good. so I don't want to reduce them too much, at least at this point, by eating less, if I can help it.

Thanks.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mimivac
Stats: 160.4/131.4/132 -- body fat % 42.2/31.8/24
WOE: Back to low carb
Start Date: July 1, 2012
Honestly, that doesn't sound like a binge to me. 2 salads, eggs and tuna after a 2-hour work-out. Sounds like you were hungry and maybe not fueling up enough for your long workout? You are already quite slender, and have a heavy work-out routine. My focus would be on finding balance to maintain my weight while getting enough fuel to be satisfied and well fed with my woe. Good luck!
mimivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Everyone finds their balance in what and how much LC food they eat...It takes feeling your way thru what works for you...For me..I don't fast, I don't overdo the exercising...I don't do induction, I eat fresh LC food...I watch for LC ideals from others that might work for me...I journal to keep myself on track to know where I am on this journey...I don't drink a lot of water but I do drink a lot ice tea..(sorry with sweet and low) , and flavored O carb O Cals...water...I do not snack anymore...I don't eat anything after 5:PM but I am ready with a LC snack if I did....Good luck

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ELL
Stats: 160.5|142.2|56.6kg
WOE: >20 carbs
Start Date: 10.5.13
I'm not sure what salt you use but most table salt has dextrose in it which is a form of sugar. You might want to try sea salt or kosher salt.
ELL is offline   Reply With Quote