LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2014
Going to be a tough weekend for me low carbing

I started last Sunday and have done well all week, but I can tell this weekend is going to be difficult. I am the only one low carbing in my house and my daughter wanted a friend over and of course junk food for the weekend. So my cupboards are stocked with bad foods for the weekend and we are going out to eat tomorrow. I am going to have to dig deep and eat the foods that I bought for myself today and ignore the rest! I'm not all that hungry and am getting past the "induction flu", so that should help. I also am going to keep in mind that we are doing a family picture in July and I would like to be 30 pounds slimmer by then!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
Welcome Jessica! I understand your struggle. It is quite common and we've all been there. Try to change the way you look at this. (I know, it's not easy!) For instance, food I used to consider "off-limits" are now staples in my diet. I can have luxurious, "fattening" foods! I used to feel guilt when I ate "fatty" foods like butter. Now I know that I'm doing myself a favor.

It takes time to change the way you view food. Just take it one challenge at a time. Keep in mind that the momentary satisfaction from food is just that: momentary. The ongoing health and weight benefits of giving up that moment in lieu of something healthier is a gift that keeps on giving! Good luck!
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickson View Post
I started last Sunday and have done well all week, but I can tell this weekend is going to be difficult. I am the only one low carbing in my house and my daughter wanted a friend over and of course junk food for the weekend. So my cupboards are stocked with bad foods for the weekend and we are going out to eat tomorrow. I am going to have to dig deep and eat the foods that I bought for myself today and ignore the rest! I'm not all that hungry and am getting past the "induction flu", so that should help. I also am going to keep in mind that we are doing a family picture in July and I would like to be 30 pounds slimmer by then!
Stay strong and know it gets easier! I've been doing this a little more than 2 years now and have no desire to go back to eating carbs. Good for you for buying foods for you! I think that's a big part of the battle initially so that you don't feel deprived.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
I'm the only one in our family doing LC too, and I can identify. When I began this woe a year ago, it was hard for me to have that stuff around, constant temptation. But the good news is that's really changed. Hubby and son bring all kinds of high carb stuff home, both of them slim as rails, and it's like I really don't even see it anymore, unless I'm having one of those bad but thankfully rare days.

I really like the idea of visualization, have used it positively many times. Visualizing how you want to look in that portrait is a great foil to a tempting weekend. Since you're in your first week back on the woe, I would eat as much LC stuff as you need to keep away from the carb junk---which will not be as much as you think because you'll be satisfied sooner.

You're just getting past the induction flu and you don't want to start that up again! I promise you, it will be so worthwhile to stay on plan this weekend, and by Monday morning that will make you feel ALOT better than any cheat, and for longer.

Good luck and give it all you've got!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/185.6/125?
Start Date: March 2, 2014
Thanks for the encouragement! I am going to keep my eye on the prize and not on the junk food!
jerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
This has been my routine for several weekends now: I eat LC on Saturday BUT its the one day I don't worry about calories, carbs, protein. I just eat as much as I want of LC foods. On Sunday when my hubby goes back to work and I do all of my weekly household chores, I do a fat fast. I usually eat 5 ounces of macadamia nuts and a little SF chocolate. The rest of the week I eat my normal portions of protein, fat, and carbs that I have laid out for myself. It's working and I feel like I get a day off without the guilt.

I said all of that to say: maybe you could do something similar while everyone is pigging out on carbage. Just eat a little more of the LC foods so you don't feel deprived.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.

Last edited by cfine; 03-08-2014 at 02:21 PM..
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
I hear your dilemma. I am on low carb, hubby is watching what he eats.....he had me pick up tortilla chips and nacho cheese today....one of my FAVS, and I am already craving it, but I am going to be strong. This is my first week. I have a fridge and pantry stocked with healthier alternatives, I am going to stay strong.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickson View Post
Thanks for the encouragement! I am going to keep my eye on the prize and not on the junk food!
That is it! You made your choice for health and trim. Now GO FOR IT!

NO MATTER WHAT!

if ya crave you eat tons of lc foods first. that way you are good!! never give in!
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/138/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
One thing that always helps me is to find LC substitutes for the junk food. Pizza? no problem...just do a cauliflower crust and you're on your way. Chips? Pork rinds if you like them otherwise something crunchy like veggies with a yummy dip. I think the trick is not to feel left out or deprived.
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
carbage. carbage. carbage. hm

What a wonderful word!

Thanks, cfine!
Ella5
ella5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cherry Blossom
Stats: 279/261/170 (5'11")
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 28, 2014. R1 1999 R2 2008
Nature hates a void so if you have a favorite food you have given up, find a similar substitute that is LC to take its place. You won't miss your favorite food and you will feel satisfied. Some of my favorite foods and a new substitute:
Bread/now I use LC wraps
Chocolate/now Lindt 85% dark chocolate
Fries/now roasted green beans with oil and salt
Icecream/ now Instant LC strawberry icecream homemade
Cookies/now LC cookie homemade
Mexican/now Mexican with LC tortilla
Hamburger/ now wrap with hamburger insides
Chips/ now cucumber chips and dip
Soup/now cream soups like tomato and artichoke or veg beef soup
Granola bars/now chia seed protein bars homemade
Desert/ now strawberries or blueberries and cream
These are just some of my substitutes for my favorite foods. Hope you find this encouraging and helpful. I see it as a game and try to have fun with it.