Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Actually excited about Spring and Summer this year! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/825006-actually-excited-about-spring-summer-year.html)

NewestAtkinsFan 03-08-2014 06:39 AM

Actually excited about Spring and Summer this year!

I can't remember the last time I felt this way so I felt compelled to post and ask the LCF community the same--
I'm actually looking forward to Spring and Summer this year b/c I finally feel 'comfortable' to be seen in my skin. You know, since I've lost a good amount of weight and am now wearing smaller clothes. I feel more apt to get out this summer and actually enjoy the seasons. Does that make sense to anyone/anyone else feel that way?

NAF

3fatcats 03-08-2014 06:43 AM

Um yeah, totally! I feel more confident in my clothes and I won't have to use my brain space to think about it! I can just enjoy it....

IF SPRING EVER COMES. This is the longest Winter of my life!!!!

Drago 03-08-2014 06:56 AM

I feel the same as you. I'm a musician and the pics from the last time I was on stage, I looked very large. I'm down 29 lbs. so far and hopefully by this summer I'll have an improved rock and roll image and more confidence to get back out there and melt some faces. :)

Casey 03-08-2014 07:08 AM

Here in New Mexico I've been golfing all winter long and would love a little bit (LITTLE BIT!) of the winter weather you've had. I am glad also that there are no worries about putting on more revealing spring and summer clothes. It's a good feeling. People say "oh it's easy for you - you're naturally thin" and inside I'm laughing because I workout and eat as clean as I can in order to maintain a steady healthy weight. They ask "what do you do to stay fit" and when when I tell them about my active healthy lifestyle they say life's too short to be miserable - say whaaaaat?! Ha.

Trigger828 03-08-2014 07:14 AM

oh yea!
nicer summer clothes and bathing suits that don't make me scream and run and hide are all a good thing :)

AND WE WHO are still losing, we got time to get more lbs. off!!! YIPPEE

Trigger828 03-08-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 16828756)
They ask "what do you do to stay fit" and when when I tell them about my active healthy lifestyle they say life's too short to be miserable - say whaaaaat?! Ha.

:stars: this always amazes me. no one wants to put in the time to make themselves more healthy. go figure :dunno:

NewestAtkinsFan 03-08-2014 07:19 AM

I'm happy that i'll be able to wear this awesome polo shirt I bought at the end of last summer that was on clearance. Tried it on then but my belly was in the way it was very uncomfortable. Recently tried it on in February... don't have that problem anymore. :up:

Trigger828 03-08-2014 10:03 AM

CONGRATS! That is cool you hit a non scale victory :)

NewestAtkinsFan 03-08-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigger828 (Post 16828922)
CONGRATS! That is cool you hit a non scale victory :)

I often feel that the non-scale victories (clothes, and compliments) are more motivating than the numerical ones on the scale itself! :o

MtherGoos 03-08-2014 04:20 PM

Absolutely! I've already started buying spring/summer clothes! This is the first year in a LONG time that I've enjoyed shopping for clothes.

DiamondDeb 03-08-2014 04:28 PM

I'm looking forward to it, too!

I think there are white jeans in my future, maybe even a dress! Definitely smaller shoes & sandals, too! All of mine are falling off my feet.

MtherGoos 03-08-2014 04:37 PM

White Jeans! You go Deb!!! I can't imagine ever being able to wear white jeans. What an awesome feeling that must be. Good for you!!

Ocean 03-08-2014 04:58 PM

That is great that you are feeling this way. I'm a summer girl at heart, so I have always looked forward to summer and spring. I do love that I have more options in finding cute spring/summer clothes. Swimsuits are still an issue because I am a d cup and it is hard to find a suit big enough in the chest when you get out of plus sizes.

cprcheetah 03-08-2014 06:19 PM

I just started this journey, am not a swimsuit wearer or short wearer, but I am excited to fit into smaller clothes. I have my 'favorite' pair of pants thats a size 10, I can't wait to get back there.

NewestAtkinsFan 03-09-2014 10:27 AM

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels this way. :)

DiamondDeb 07-27-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondDeb (Post 16829277)
I'm looking forward to it, too!

I think there are white jeans in my future, maybe even a dress! Definitely smaller shoes & sandals, too! All of mine are falling off my feet.

This is so annoying...

I have tried on a few pairs of white jeans but still haven't found any I like enjoy to buy.

I bought gorgeous wedge sandals that I can't wait to wear!

...and then two weeks ago I broke my foot. Have to have surgery to fix it. No more shopping for clothes of any kind for probably at least the next two months. The white jeans...I really want those. I might get a pair when I have healed and wear them in the fall/winter anyway! :laugh:

I have no idea when I'll be able to wear the sandals.

I guess I need ot set my sights on bing excited about fall & winter...and, hopefully, being able to walk normally again.

kay9 07-27-2014 07:19 PM

Its very nice to wear clothes that match the season. No more sweaty 6xl sweatpants in 100 degree heat.