Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgirl
Thinslim Bagels/Brownies/Muffins/Cookies - Lower Carb, Lower Calories

I posted in the GLCB thread, but then I wasn't sure whether the reviews were of the GLCB or Thinslim products...
The Thinslim items are slightly lower in calories, and since I count both, I've stuck with them over GLCB (and I'm a little confused as to whether GLCB still contains soybean oil; Thinslim does not). I've been happy with everything I've tried -
Cinnamon Bagels
Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate Brownies
Peanut/Cinnamon Squares
Cinnamon cookies (I tried the chocolate iced a while back, and I think they've changed the recipe since then - so I need to try it again).

I'm hoping they'll come out with additional products (I recently saw they were testing croutons!) - wouldn't mind something with a nice frosting Hope there are some other folks out there who have tried (and like!) them...

Have a great weekend!
ncgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeky1178
Stats: 324.8/288/180-ish?
WOE: 50gms or less
Start Date: 1/17/14
I've been wanting to try GLCB but everything is out of stock! I think I'll scoot on over and see if Thinslim stuff is in stock Thanks for the recommendation!
cheeky1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I hope you enjoy it if you do try anything - I always get a bit nervous recommending items (as so many things are based on individual tastes), but I think these are some of the best low carb items I've tried (and unlike some other low carb products, I've eaten these consistently for years and not gained). Hope to see your reviews of what you might try!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karblee
I tried the plain and everything bagels. Texture was too chewy for me but my husband thinks they are fantastic!
Karblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I just got my order today! I got everything bagels, hot dog buns, a cinnamon square and a brownie.

I put away all but the cinnamon square...Hmmm so on the website they describe their squares as Blondies. I'm sorry it tastes nothing like a blondie and the texture is completely wrong too. I would say comparing it to a cinnamon cake donut would be much more accurate, for a cake donut it was tasty

Looking forward to trying the rest!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Awesome - so glad you like it! Yeah, some of the descriptions aren't immediately what come to mind, but darned if I haven't loved everything to date.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

The brownie was much better, YUM! I also tried an everything bagel and that was pretty good too, I toasted it a little too much but I think that might be best. I think most low carb breads need to be toasted to taste good.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I'm just glad you enjoy them - they've been around for years, and I love seeing them get out there to other people (though I don't want them to get so popular they can't keep up with demand - at least, my demand ). They've made a huge difference for me, in terms of my diet.

Please post if you try other stuff - and have a good weekend!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
Are you talking about the ThinSlim "Love the Taste" line? (I'm not sure if there are two different ThinSlim companies). If you are, I agree with you...I think they're awesome. I believe they're still making their "Love Your Waist" line which was their original recipe. While they are low carb, the taste is lacking. So, now I only buy the "Love the Taste" line and loving it.
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Well, I like the Love your Waist (never actually tried the 'taste'), but I count carbs and calories - and both are great from that standpoint, but one is better I just love the company, as a whole - they test stuff, come out with new stuff, and the verify their claims before they make them. And they have chocolate items. Low carb, low calorie chocolate items!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
If you love the "Love Your Waist" line, I think you'll adore the "Love the Taste" line. They're a tad higher in calories & carb (I think), but to me they taste more like the "real thing". I actually like the bagels untoasted.
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I probably would Like I said, I've loved everything to date. I've never tried their pizzas, and I'm tempted, but I like thin crust (and it doesn't look thin from the pictures).
I honestly can't wait to see what they come out with, next. I love that they're exploring with new stuff....