Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
7lbs a week for 2 months straight, wow, with that sort of metabolism I'm surprised you gain.weight at all, let alone that quick.
84k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
The best plan for *you* is the one you will stick with successfully. What you need to do is to think back to what took you to 250 lbs to start with...and fix that. Since it sounds as if you are really looking forward to getting all the freebie appetizers, etc., it may just come down to counting calories and watching the scale...and being willing to do the spartan thing at home to make up for what is most likely excess on the freebie end. Eating out is fun...especially on someone else's dime ...but it's generally high fat, high carb and high calorie.

I would at least attempt to stay 'lower' carb the majority of the time (e.g. around 140-160) and watch the sugar intake as the typical high carb American diet is what has led to so many becoming insulin resistant (which makes gaining weight easier and losing weight more difficult) and possibly diabetes. Something to be aware of since there is no genetic test for diabetes and it's possible for someone to have that genetic capability without anyone in their family having it (or more likely not being aware they're diabetic).

Personally, if I weren't a diabetic with the very real potential of becoming insulin resistant again given the wrong diet (aka higher carb), I probably would at least go back to a diet where I can have oatmeal for breakfast, a few pieces of fruit a day and the *occasional* goodie that has nothing good about it except for the taste. Hey...I'm just being honest here. But knowing what I do now, I'd also be very aware of the carbs in my diet and the *type* of carbs.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mimivac
Stats: 160.4/131.4/132 -- body fat % 42.2/31.8/24
WOE: Back to low carb
Start Date: July 1, 2012
I think a looser approach might work for you, but you must be very careful with monitoring your weight. Otherwise, you will likely creep back up and be back at your highest before you know it. How about just trying to eat as low carb as you can? I find that low carb is by far the easiest diet for eating out and being on business trips. Low calorie / low fat is almost impossible at restaurants, but low carb is easy. Just grab a steak and try some veggies for variety. You might like them with butter or a creamy sauce. If you can't stomach that, how about a simple salad with lots of full fat dressing? I know very few people who don't end up loving crispy fried brussels sprouts with bacon dressing. Anywho, just keep monitoring and committ to yourself that you will find a way to maintain your weight.
144 by October 28 -- reached October 31
140 by November 25 -- reached December 6
136 by December 30 -- reached January 12
132 by January 27
mimivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I have a similar problem with JUDDD - I lose really well and get much lower than w/LC but I have difficulty maintaining it w/my lifestyle. But I have no problems with LC. There are very low carb breads like dark rye. I eat tons of pizza - cauliflower crust, cream cheese crust, lc tortilla crust, etc. I love pizza. Eating out, just order chicken caesar and just skip the croutons.

You really should start eating veggies tho. Why are you avoiding them?

I have been maintaining for 4 years now. I eat carbs when I feel like it but I never go totally "off" and stay off. I'll have a bran muffin one night and it is back to eggs & bacon for breakfast. I eat moderate carbs and I am fine.

You might want to read Dave's thread on the maintaining thread. He goes LC to get back to his weight and then eats normally for awhile.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote