Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   serious super fast weight gain. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/824538-serious-super-fast-weight-gain.html)

QueenBacon 02-27-2014 04:08 AM

serious super fast weight gain.

Ok so xmas time is my free pass. Around xmas eve to New years I eat off plan. This year I cut that sort cause of insane weight gain and feeling bad.
So in about 3 days I went from 143 to 162. I said oooooh it's all water, but this time even hubby noticed and was alarmed!
But any who, I told myself "oh it's all water" and "it will come right off" well it's almost March and I'm still 160lbs, and it's not coming off!
It's funny cause people say "it didn't go on over night it won't come off over night" but this time it did lol!
Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to result to having to just fat fast to take it off, but that seems the only way! I even went strict low carb paleo with no fruit, no starches, no servers at all (sugar detox) and didn't lose.
My doctor stopped taking my insurance in Jan, so I need to find a new one. Ant hints, tips, tricks, suggestions, or things I should try?

I am all ears! (Or eyes in this case)

Ty so much I never had this problem before!

Love,
Kerry

Emily-D 02-27-2014 05:11 AM

I haven't eaten off plan, but I gained 18 pounds very quickly due to a prescription. I stopped taking the prescription, but it's taking a long time to get rid of the weight. Hang in there. Stick to your eating plan. You're not alone.

Aomiel 02-27-2014 06:38 AM

Gaining 20 pounds...and holding onto it for 2 months, seems a bit much. I would make an appointment with the doctor because there are a number of illnesses (some quite serious) that may cause this type of gain.

Trigger828 02-27-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBacon (Post 16816966)
So in about 3 days I went from 143 to 162. I said oooooh it's all water, but this time even hubby noticed and was alarmed!

3 days. 20 lbs? wow. for me I would find a new dr. and get in and ask about this. I don't think even pigging out on tons of food, stuffed to the max would put on that much in 3 days. best of luck finding out what is happening.

susan41 02-27-2014 07:31 AM

Kerry, I would defiantly make an appt and see what's going on. I put on 7 in the same time frame... However. Mine were not unexplained. New BP med, whacko breakthrough TOM and still coming off depo shot, second wave of a upper respitory head cold came back, and off plan eating including alcohol were my reasons.

Make that appt.

Its me - WENDALINA 02-27-2014 07:45 AM

I had a similar situation. I gained 20 lbs over about a week. I knew I wasn't eating great but nothing that drastic. I went to my primary doc and she did a bunch of blood work, now I am waiting for the appointment/referral to an endocrinologist because my hormones and such were/are completely out of wack! Make that appointment girlfriend!

Arctic_Mama 02-27-2014 10:41 AM

Between water weight and the body's exaggerated response to regain after a big, sustained loss? I don't actually think there is much wrong. It's unfortunate but not uncommon and it comes off slow. Provided you rule out a hormonal issue that had been masked prior, I'd say the lesson learned is that one day off plan might be tolerable, but three is too many for your body.

Arctic_Mama 02-27-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigger828 (Post 16817090)
3 days. 20 lbs? wow. for me I would find a new dr. and get in and ask about this. I don't think even pigging out on tons of food, stuffed to the max would put on that much in 3 days. best of luck finding out what is happening.

Oh, it's possible :o

snowangel9 02-27-2014 11:43 AM

Definitely rule anything out hormonal or thyroid. Sounds like it may be your thyroid. If it's not working properly you can't lose weight. Ask me how I know that! :)

Momto2boysNJ 03-01-2014 05:59 AM

almost 20lbs in 3 days is a lot. I agree with a quick trip to the doc.

clackley 03-01-2014 06:24 AM

I agree with all the suggestions that you get yourself checked out with a good doctor and am sending my hugs. This has got to be very frustrating.

Just throwing this out there - is there any chance you are pregnant?

GME 03-01-2014 10:12 AM

I can't imagine 19 pounds in three days can in any way be construed as "normal." Especially since it isn't likely water or it would have come back off just as quickly.

Put me in the "go to the doctor" camp.

QueenBacon 03-01-2014 02:46 PM

I know in not prego (I tested A few times) lol

RoseofSharon 03-01-2014 03:59 PM

I had a similar rapid weight gain recently, though not as fast. I went to the doctor and all my tests came back normal. One piece of advice I got here was to look at what changed in my life. I was eating all the same foods, I thought—and then I realized I had gotten a seltzer machine, and was using those flavoring drops. It didn't seem like something that small would make a difference, but over the course of a day, I was drinking a LOT of artificial sweeteners. I cut them all out. I also changed up my exercise routine. The weight dropped right back off and now I am back at my ideal weight. My experience is as I have gotten older my body cannot tolerate as many changes to my diet. If I go off plan now it shows, and quickly!

Aimee 03-01-2014 04:09 PM

Wow.... just WOW. I feel ya sister. Every time I've ever gone off low carb I gain pretty quickly. My husband does too. I just read your post to my husband and we both said at the same time.."It's happened to us".... Hang in there...

mayleesa 03-01-2014 04:26 PM

I have done this on vacations....MANY times have gone at 170 and came home 185 and it takes me 6 months to get it all off again....omg it SUCKS! I have been tested and all my stuff comes back normal, I'm a nurse and I get alllll of it checked cause I worry more than most, it is those stubborn fat cells that act as luggage and hold on to EVERYTHING

moonmirror 03-02-2014 12:16 PM

I was in the 160's for a long time, and within less than two weeks I was in the high 190's. I have struggled and struggled, but I did a good stint of lowcarb still drinking for a month and dropped to 188/189, then I cut out drinking but stayed lc and I am finally in the 170's again: this process has been a very long one. I am slowly learning my body's lesson to me about carbohydrates and alcohol. Its not this: "do you want to wear that brownie or that glass of wine on your waist?" Its "do you want to wear that brownie or that glass of wine on your waist FOR A YEAR???"

mojocat 03-02-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama (Post 16817469)
Between water weight and the body's exaggerated response to regain after a big, sustained loss? I don't actually think there is much wrong. It's unfortunate but not uncommon and it comes off slow. Provided you rule out a hormonal issue that had been masked prior, I'd say the lesson learned is that one day off plan might be tolerable, but three is too many for your body.

This - got it in one Arctic Mama; one day yes you could get away with it but three days is more problematic, especially if you eat foods that cause inflammation. As a previously fat person I am very sensitive to eating off plan for more than a day; my fat cells are looking for any opportunity to fill up with "water" and I can regain so easily if I am not vigilant. It's a lifelong job now :p but worth it to be able to feel fit and wear cute clothes. You may have to shake it up somehow, do something different to shock the body into losing it. It sucks.

QueenBacon 03-03-2014 06:35 AM

I'm at 163 today... fat fast time!

Its me - WENDALINA 07-25-2014 08:48 AM

bump
Just wondering how things are going for you? Back to normal?

readyfredy 07-25-2014 10:31 AM

I gained 12 lbs last month. Sigh. Day 3 back on plan and it's not falling off ;) It will come off slowly!