Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maxine
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 6th Jan 2014
Low Carb Bread? (UK)

I just wondered if anyone in UK have found/tried a low carb bread/wrap - reasonably priced?

I know I'll get replies telling me to 'make my own' but I'm basic beyond belief in the kitchen! I tried Oopsie rolls and they were a disaster.

I've ground Livlife which seems ok?
There are a number of bread mixes but I'm not sure how easy they are to make and how easy they Re to hunt down here..?

Many thanks
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
No suggestions except that you can make the revolution rolls (oopsies) in a sheet pan like a flat bread instead of mounding them up -that makes it a lot easier
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 7/5/2013
I think there's a UK section to the forums somewhere, you might have better Luck there, but I think you might have to make your own.
84k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
It depends what you call low carb and how many grammes a day is your target. LivLife has too many carbs per slice for me (it's a small slice with 3.8g nc or approx. 14g carbs per 100g), but it's fine for my DH on a day when he's exercising or has high intensity physical activity.

Dr Zaks Protein Bread is £5 per loaf and it's still pretty high in carbs for my needs while also being an inappropriate source of protein (15g per slice as well as approx. 15g carbs per slice). (It's inappropriate for me because I follow a modified ketogenic protocol for migraine management and eat moderate protein.)

So, yes, I largely do the low carb baking/bread for our family altho' I rarely eat it as I don't respond well to large amounts of nuts. I've had some success with some of the psyllium wraps and similar on this site (eggwhites and psyllium). It's worth asking in the UK thread if anyone's found decent LC bakery items in the UK but I don't know of any (tho', again, this depends on what you mean by low carb).

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-27-2014 at 12:35 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
u can get some bread machine mixes and bread ready made from a couple of online lowcarb shops but we arent allowed to supply links to other suppliers so google is your friend

buying in a 'normal' shop is all but impossible here unfortunately

i have just started playing with a bread machine recipe myself and it comes out approx 4g a small slice (approx half a normal slice)

hth
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote