Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:190 SW:162.8 CW:145 GW:119
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10th Nov 2013
I really don't like eggs and find some of the recipes for low carb bread a bit too eggy for me.

I created a really simple flaxseed recipe, 25g whole flax seed ground, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 tsp olive oil, pinch of salt, tspn oregano, 30ml warm water, mix it altogether, shape into a square or circle depending on whether you want a sandwich or a bun and microwave for one minute. The additions like oregano make all the diff I add water if its too firm but found 30ml ok, really easy, I'm not much of a cook so it works for me!

Its based on the one minute muffin idea, it's a bit denser than the egg based bread but I'm ok with that. I also use it as a base for pizza by pressing the mixture down as thin as possible baking for 10min then adding toppings.
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Well this isn't technically "low carb" but "lowish carb" and might work in a pinch. This bread is really, really pretty good (at least to me). I don't eat it often since I'm a bread-o-holic ugh. it's more like an occasional treat. I'm trying out different low carb bread recipe options .. just a tad lazy though lol.
(nuke it to warm/soften it, or toast it. my son likes it straight out of fridge though).

You can buy online but many stores are carrying it as well (in HF sections - freezer most of the time).
Udi's Gluten Free Omega Flax & Fiber (has a yellow/purple label)
2 slices bread =
150 cal
22 g carbs/6g fiber = 16g net carbs per 2, 8g net carbs per one.

Since it's pretty high on carbs I will eat one slice as an open face with a lettuce leaf on the other side. or make a 1/2 sandwich. or will toast one slice and make some poached eggs to go over it.

Last edited by webcrystal; 04-04-2014 at 07:43 PM..
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gofigr
Stats: 233/197/160
WOE: <20 carb
Start Date: Summer 2013
kahuna, I make pizza with the lc torts and I like em!
gofigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by millergirl1976 View Post
The foccacia bread recipe in the recipe forum created by Buttoni is hands down the best lc breat I have ever had, and does not require a lot of crazy ingredients. You can make it savory or sweet, and it holds up to grilling or toasting. It is also really good pizza crust. I dont do a lot of other lc baking, and keep all the ingredients on hand so I can always have that bread.
I was so happy to read this! I had the recipe copied, but had never tried it. That is, until today. It is fantastic! I sprinkled Italian seasoning on top before baking. It smelled and tasted amazing!

And I agree--it has ingredients that most low carb cooks keep on hand.
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezybird View Post
Would you mind posting the link or the recipe I've been unable to find it in the recipe forum.

Thanks,
Terri

Look up-thread here at post #9. The link is there.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mulberry
WOE: 8 Hour Diet / low carb
Start Date: January 2014
good biscuits!!!

Tried the Great Low Carb Bread and sorry to say, I just didn't like the taste. I guess there really isn't any substitute for regular bread-- although I love any kind of rye or whole wheat or grain bread.....it's not that I even like plain white bread....but there was just something I didn't like about the taste and the overall consistency of the bagels and buns from Great Low Carb Bread. Guess it's just as well that I am learning to eat without bread at all!!
The only thing I have found that is perfect for breakfast are the biscuits from lowcarbfamily. They are truly perfect with coffee for breakfast and great combined with a couple of fried eggs. Very fast....very simple and they keep well. The basic recipe makes approx. 8 muffins and they store very well in a plastic baggie. I found some very good sugar free blackberry high fiber jam on Netrition and have them with butter and jam. You can also make these biscuits with garlic powder and cheddar cheese for more of a dinner biscuit...kind of like Red Lobster's famous biscuits.
mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBigKahuna
Stats: 290/227/220
WOE: reduced carb
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofigr View Post
kahuna, I make pizza with the lc torts and I like em!

Yep, I can load one of those tortillas up with a LOT of toppings! And probably end up with about 12-14g of carbs though!

But still better than eating half of a large delivered pizza like I could do in the past!
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
Mulberry--I looked this up and they have more than one recipe for biscuits. Which one do you use? Thanks!
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I had a Joseph's pita for lunch today, just half of one, with mayo, turkey and cheese - nuked it for 30 seconds to melt the cheese - very filling and very low carb. I don't think you can go wrong with 2 net carbs for a sandwich. I also have some of the Great Low Carb Bakery breads and bagels, I hope the carb count is really true - so far I've had no problems with them.

I like to make crackers with the Joseph's lavash bread.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgidaho View Post
I was so happy to read this! I had the recipe copied, but had never tried it. That is, until today. It is fantastic! I sprinkled Italian seasoning on top before baking. It smelled and tasted amazing!

And I agree--it has ingredients that most low carb cooks keep on hand.
I am so glad you liked it! It is my go to now. You can make savory toppings, or keep it very generic and it makes great French toast.
millergirl1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paynts
Stats: 229/196/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15 2014
I second the low carb pitas by Josephs. I love them and usually use a half one and stuff it full.
I have not found a low carb bread I can love-yet.
paynts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharbysyd
WOE: Just Starting - no plan yet
Start Date: March 2013
There is a recipe for keto cheesesteak that I found a while back. I make the bread part of it and we either dip it in infused olive oil (olive oil simmered for about 15 minutes on low with garlic, salt and herbs of choice) or I make sandwiches from it. To me it tastes like I'm having a real sandwich when I have this. I've never been much of a sandwich eater so I don't make it too often. The website is gone, but I found the recipe. I have made the bread with whole eggs rather than egg whites and that works too.

Keto Steak and Cheese Sandwich
Low Carb Keto Steak and Cheese Sandwich

Sandwiches on low carb diets used to be a thing of the past…that’s right USED to! This keto recipe was a hit and tasted just like a real steak sandwich!

Ingredients:

1 Package Lite Firm Tofu
2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
2 EggWhites (6 Tbsp AllWhites)
1 Tbsp Olivio Butter
6 oz Skirt Steak
American Cheese
Swiss Cheese
1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2. Drain tofu, break into smaller pieces and place in blender

3. Add egg whites, flaxseed meal, Olivio, and 1/4 tsp of the minced garlic and blend

4. Spread the mixture onto a greased aluminum-foil-lined cookie sheet

5. Place in oven for 15- 20 minutes and let cool

6. When “bread” has cooled cut into 4 large slices (you will be using 2 of them and can save the other 2 slices for another day or breakfast in the morning!)

7. Cook the steak on a skillet with minced garlic, salt and pepper or other spices of choice

8. Cut Steak into strips and place on one slice of bread

9. Top the Steak with american and swiss cheese slices

10. Place anohter slice of bread on top to complete the sandwich and place in a george foreman until cheese has melted

11. Place on a plate and enjoy!

For more personally made daily low carb and keto recipes check out sinorslim.com
Sharbysyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharbysyd
WOE: Just Starting - no plan yet
Start Date: March 2013
I wanted to say that I use butter in the recipe (not Olivio) and I just use firm tofu, not light.
Sharbysyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynts View Post
I second the low carb pitas by Josephs. I love them and usually use a half one and stuff it full.
I have not found a low carb bread I can love-yet.
The Mama Lupe's brand tortillas are very good, they have 7 carbs with 4 from fiber....ordered them here on netrition....I am going to have to try the pitas...favorite way to make a sandwich...
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote