LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
Confused nutty

I weighed 188 on January 12 at the doctors office in my clothes. Hadn't weighed at home much at that time just didn't want to see it on the scale. That day the doctor kept bringing up being obese to me. So I got home and started eating low carb again. Every since then I had been feeling anxious to get to a certain number on the scale before I felt I could relax into eating this way. The other day the scale says 171. I just have the feeling once I hit 170 I can just eat low carb. (Low carb for me). 170 is still to much weight and I still have 30 or 40 more pounds to lose. At this weight I can get into clothes though that feel loose. When getting out I don't feel like I am the biggest person in a place. It's a calm feeling that the number is going down not up. If I had to stay at this weight I wouldn't be happy but can function better and fit into clothes better. So its just a relief. Even bending over to put on shoes is easier. Frankly even though for a large chunk of life I was at a good weight. Until I was 40. But the past 18 years have mainly been over weight. Now I almost can't imagine being a good weight. It seems impossible for some reason. Even though I know its done by people all the time. I hope that doesn't prevent me from getting to my goal weight but I feel scared about it for some reason. Even though at the same time I am feeling more calm that my weight is going down. I know this is contradicting myself. I have been in this weird weight obsessed kind of nightmare. It's like being in a bad dream that I could have gotten out of by just eating correctly but wouldn't do it. yeah I am nutty.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Chasintrail
Stats: 205/? size 10/8-10 5'6"
WOE: Primal - high-fat/real food
You'll be fine. It can seem overwhelming, but when you really get into the groove and relax into what you need to do, it'll get easier.

Chasintrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
you're in the 'wired zone'. just relax. it isn't a race really. I know we all want thinner, goal weight basically, and it will come. Just day by day work the plan. It will all mellow out for ya
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Yeah it is been over whelming at times.

I just now have quit feeling such urgency about losing much better feeling.

Thanks
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
you're in the 'wired zone'. just relax. it isn't a race really. I know we all want thinner, goal weight basically, and it will come. Just day by day work the plan. It will all mellow out for ya
I like this ^! What's helped me is reading more about low carb and related topics, if your into that. The more I learn though, the easier it makes choosing g to stay low carb. If you're into that stuff, me, I love it. Have you read Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes? It's a good read.

Just, relax, and breathe. It's working!!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I like reading about low carb and other information on the topic of weight loss. I haven't read Gary Taubes books. I've learned a lot from members here. And do read stuff online and watch videos of experts and people.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
You are definitely in the zone ~ How do you feel energy wise? The loss on the scales is a great motivator, but for me, when I think about how sluggish and hopeless I feel after a "carb-bender", well, it just makes me that more determined.
Nimuae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I am having ok energy. Not much different to me than when I was eating more carbs. I feel healthier in a way.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emily1
Stats: 206.8/159.8/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2012
Linda, I am like you. I am a bit of a nutty gal as far as weight loss. For myself, It matters less what the scale says and more about how I feel. Today I felt quite fat.. which is strange... I really shouldn't since I have lost over 40 pounds so far. Sometimes knowing we have to lose weight is so daunting. Some days I feel accomplished about how much I have lost so far.. other days I focus more on how much more I need to lose. I am trying to be more positive. You have already lost a lot of weight. I think once you reach a point where you are no longer considering yourself obese, you will feel a lot better about it. Look at how much you have accomplished in less than two months. It is amazing! Stick with it and you WILL get there.
emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Emily I am right there with you. Feeling one way one day then feeling the opposite way.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rakh
I like looking at the scale numbers, but my clothes being loose instead of tight is a big motivator. And fitting into pants I haven't been able to for years.

As for other people being thinner than me, even in my state which is not near the fattest in the US, there are more than enough 300+ people around that most of us who want to lose feel like we will blow away in the wind. I am kind of grossed out by thin people for some reason, so I do not want to return to 113 pounds. BTW, at that weight and 5'6", my brothers called me "thunder thighs".
rakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I know there are other people bigger than me. But when I am feeling bad about how I look. I tend to focus on people that are not over weight. I guess it's all a matter of how we feel about ourselves. This off topic but I think being considered "disabled" makes me feel less valuable in general and then being overweight really pushes me over the edge. Please don't think I am being judgmental to others here who might be disabled also. It's just something within me that I have never been able to accept myself. I know there are people worse off than me who are perfect as they are and feel good about themselves as they should. There are all kinds of reasons for this kind of mind set. I don't worry about the reasons any more. At 58 I just try to solve the problem I am able to like losing weight. The other stuff will always be there.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Emily-D
Stats: obese/healthy weight
WOE: 1992 Atkins (no grains, no soy)
Start Date: 3/1/04, Restart 4/22/10
It's easy to feel bad about ourselves when we're overweight, and to feel that we'll never be able to lose the weight. But you're so much more than a number on the scale, or a dress size, or a disability.

You've made great progress so far, and you can continue to do it. It isn't a quick process but it's a process that will improve your health. Keep up the good work.
Emily-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Yes your right thanks.

Linda